Yaoi License Announcements

This one looks rly poignant I love the cover art, would anyone here recommend it or has an opinion on it? :)
It's currently available on futekiya - so you can check it out in advance there. I really like Minta Suzumaru (the cover art is indeed lovely) and I think this is one of her best titles as it has older protagonists. Poignant is a good word to describe this manga; there's a touching sense of melancholy about the protagonist. Still waiting for my physical copy (US to UK, sigh...) but I'd definitely recommend. (The Mature rating is truly earned! ) 😁

@RadFemHedonist Likewise I agree with Sarah, big fan of what I've read from Suzumaru's work and I Didn't Mean to Fall in Love is among my favourites (although I think my topmost fav is probably Golden Sparkle which is also on futekiya...). I believe I Didn't Mean to Fall in Love also has a sequel series currently being serialised, so if you like the cast we'd hopefully have that to come in the future too. :)

Now time for a question of my own! I ordered a copy of The Dragon's Betrothed Vol 1, which is one of SuBLime's new titles but when doing some research I noticed it's listed as on hiatus in a lot of places. So I'm wondering if anyone knows if Vol 1 or 2 feel like a good stopping point. If it looks like it's never coming off hiatus I may stop with the first one if #2 is going to be a cliffhanger or any such painful reality...

2 New Boys’ Love (BL) Licenses from macaronRINX!

MINORU’s “The Two Sides of an Envious Heart” and HEINE’s “Instruction Manual for the Unfriendly Bodyguard” to be released on futekiya!

wa8B3I61DfNnKXNqP65u2_jqIqtaY1AUXHqYurxWWCq7rFizqIDBcX8p5pxT08_IX97OOUO8hCCoGMxw40CSFlqhkvNUjlyPYcp94-7g7bNM92zK34Dt0vHeoBtDqpvht3lRp-b-Q_fnwEvNPGQluUM

Ikebukuro, Japan — futekiya, the online Boys’ Love (BL) manga subscription service, is pleased to announce the license acquisition of these two BL titles* from macaronRINX:

*Release dates to be announced later.

Fans can read these titles via the new Manga Planet, an integration of the Manga Planet Library and futekiya Library launching in spring 2023.

Now time for a question of my own! I ordered a copy of The Dragon's Betrothed Vol 1, which is one of SuBLime's new titles but when doing some research I noticed it's listed as on hiatus in a lot of places. So I'm wondering if anyone knows if Vol 1 or 2 feel like a good stopping point. If it looks like it's never coming off hiatus I may stop with the first one if #2 is going to be a cliffhanger or any such painful reality...
This (unfinished) series is well worth reading (I read it from Taifu in French a couple of years ago) but sadly, no signs at the moment of it coming back from hiatus (2020). Therapy Game Restart #3 (about to be released) seems to be where Meguru Hinohara is at these days. It depends on how you feel about starting a series that has no official conclusion but is very well written and drawn - and having just checked back, I'd say it ends in an okay place. :)

This (unfinished) series is well worth reading (I read it from Taifu in French a couple of years ago) but sadly, no signs at the moment of it coming back from hiatus (2020). Therapy Game Restart #3 (about to be released) seems to be where Meguru Hinohara is at these days. It depends on how you feel about starting a series that has no official conclusion but is very well written and drawn - and having just checked back, I'd say it ends in an okay place. :)

I don't really mind it not having an official conclusion as long as it wasn't a really bad cliffhanger or anything, so knowing it ends in an okay place is good enough for me. Thank you! :)

9 New Boys’ Love (BL) Titles from Tokyomangasha!

Unohana’s “Inu to Kaketsuki,” Volume 8 of Kei Ichikawa’s “Blue Sky Complex,” and seven new BL titles to be released under Manga Planet's BL (futekiya) category!

SzCT5E-2dM3AFPDkhpbWXf5uLfYzv6rg1trOL5VZIplrVtc89MiLuCNvqihJH3MKFUm4vBYUPUrWGW09sNfejDNm9JSl9tejUNTst05gSTo1bEK9Iw74WjdgQeEZSyNHIkr7YlfKTZQuCzH9HzcReWU

Ikebukuro, Japan — Manga Planet is pleased to announce the license acquisition of the following BL titles* from Tokyomangasha:

• Inu to Kaketsuki Volumes 1-3 by Unohana
  • Blue Sky Complex Volume 8 by Kei Ichikawa
  • New World Lovetopia by Bond Mitsuya
  • Meppou Yatara to Yowaki ni Kiss Volume 1 by Koshino
  • Tsuki wa Michikake Kemono no Koi by Guri Nojiro
  • Baka to Alpha no Kenkyuushitsu by Taira Taga
  • Henai Detection by Long Utsumi
  • Migi te ni Miemasu no ga, Ore no Kareshi de Gozaimasu by Long Utsumi
  • Mayonaka no BL Henshuubu wa Yume wo Miru by Niku Ueda
*English titles and release dates will be announced later.

Those of you who have been watching with some concerns (justified) about the Manga Planet/futekiya merger will be wondering - like me - if these titles will be completely available if you're already a subscriber and won't require you to spend extra money on coins to read the second half of each title (as with the ShuCream titles). Given the publisher, I'm hoping that these won't require extra expenditure (still not at all happy, frankly, with the introduction of coins onto what was a coin-free rental platform).

9 New Boys’ Love (BL) Titles from Tokyomangasha!

Unohana’s “Inu to Kaketsuki,” Volume 8 of Kei Ichikawa’s “Blue Sky Complex,” and seven new BL titles to be released under Manga Planet's BL (futekiya) category!

Those of you who have been watching with some concerns (justified) about the Manga Planet/futekiya merger will be wondering - like me - if these titles will be completely available if you're already a subscriber and won't require you to spend extra money on coins to read the second half of each title (as with the ShuCream titles). Given the publisher, I'm hoping that these won't require extra expenditure (still not at all happy, frankly, with the introduction of coins onto what was a coin-free rental platform).
I sincerely hope they’re not getting locked behind the rental system. Loved Futekiya but in a similar place as many other readers now they’ve merged and transitioned to a system that isn’t handled particularly well. My biggest gripe is not being able to filter out the series that are incomplete under our subscriptions and the dismay as I went through all 120~ of their newly added titles to find I could only read 2 in their entirety under my subscription :(

I sincerely hope they’re not getting locked behind the rental system. Loved Futekiya but in a similar place as many other readers now they’ve merged and transitioned to a system that isn’t handled particularly well. My biggest gripe is not being able to filter out the series that are incomplete under our subscriptions and the dismay as I went through all 120~ of their newly added titles to find I could only read 2 in their entirety under my subscription :(
Yes, it's deeply disappointing. I was wondering earlier this year about those titles that were uploaded unfinished (each one 3 chapters in length) and am really quite annoyed that futekiya didn't tell us until it was a done deed that we'd have to buy coins/tokens to read the rest.:mad:

Atm I'm not going to pay to read the rest of those series because I want to see what happens (I already pay a subscription) and if anyone will pay. Will MP make enough money to sustain this method of content delivery? Hoping they haven't shot themselves in the foot and we'll see them go the way of JManga. 😓

16 New Boys’ Love (BL) Titles from Shodensha Publishing announced by futekiya/Manga Planet

Volume 3 of Hiroko Natsuno’s “At 25:00, in Akasaka,” Volume 5 of sawa sakura’s “Momo and Manji,” hideyoshico’s “Udagawacho de Matteteyo.,” and 13 new BL titles to be released under Manga Planet's BL (futekiya) category!

qE_CNfCDLBEIjMyHSq-Hmvodm9qKfhON4df9Z6iN_-fYjhmhKtBxC0vms_Ul95lW1MJ0UZvBj_-E14Mv2UKBy-jrtdoqQgjVlqJLRnU8Y0eS1jl9jAA7g8CvwqX2flW-MqInrr1VDIG2zMniFIVnJN0

Ikebukuro, Japan — Manga Planet is excited to announce the license acquisition of the following BL titles* from Shodensha Publishing:
  • At 25:00, in Akasaka Volume 3 by Hiroko Natsuno
  • Momo and Manji Volume 5 by sawa sakura
  • Zetsubou ni Nake Volumes 1-2 by Ryo Shinou
  • Derail by Kyoko Aiba
  • Androgynous by Akira Ashihara
  • Fukuju to Amagami by Bibi Shikimi
  • Ikigami to Donor Volumes 1-2 by Hiko Yamanaka
  • Bloom Brothers Volumes 1-2 by Takako Shimura
  • Ani no Koto ga Wakarimasen! by Asahi Fujiwara
  • NIGHT TRAP by Yanagi Yuto
  • Dear, MY GOD by nemui asada
  • Heavenly Homesick by Atsuki Kyoyama
  • Copper Red no Akuma by Haruyuki
  • Yuminari by Sakaki Kuroda
  • Konna hazu de wa by amida shizuku
  • Udagawacho de Matteteyo. by hideyoshico
*English titles and release dates will be announced later.

• At 25:00, in Akasaka Volume 3 by Hiroko Natsuno - this title came top of the Chil-Chil 2023 BL awards for best series last month.
This is a really impressive list of titles, so I'm hoping they won't impose tokens/coins on readers who already subscribe! I recommended Udagawacho de Matteteyo by hideyoshico in my recent review of Ogi's Summer Break #1 so I'm really glad to see it made
available for English readers at last. Other recommendations include Bloom Brothers by Takako Shimura (Wandering Son) and Zetsubou ni Nake Volumes 1-2 by Ryo Shinou, not to leave out more Nemui Asada who always provides thought-provoking and page-turning stories.

(How do I know so many titles here already? Because many of these have already been published in French by Hana! :cool:)

Last edited:
Tokyopop just announced A LOT of BL.
  • Never Let Go
  • A Kiss that Stains the Innocence
  • Cover My Scars With Your Kiss
  • A Beast's Descent Into Love (hardcover)
  • Is This the Kind of Love I Want?
  • I'll Never Fall in Love With an Egoist!
  • Heat X Beat: I May be an Omega but I'm Going to be an Idol!
  • Rooming With My Two Lovers
  • My Love Will Last Until the End of Time
  • Mitsuka
  • Bergamot and Sunny Days
  • UNDEAD: Finding Love in the Zombie Apocalypse
  • Sating the Wolf
  • The Black Cat and the Vampire

Here'a a new batch of stuff from Seven Seas. Apologies for not using Twitter links but other licenses which may not be relevant to the thread keep showing up in the previews as well, and it looks profoundly messy to me, so images it is.
1.jpeg
2.jpeg
4.jpeg
5.jpeg
Disclaimer: I feel like I should provide some context for this last one (below) given that you're all nice people on here. The response to this one under the announcement/in QTs on Twitter has been overwhelmingly negative. This is due to the author going on a homophobic and transphobic rant where they basically called the very people they are writing about and profiting off disgusting. Obviously I'm still gonna put the license announcement here as it is relevant to this thread. I just felt the context would help people make an informed decision.
3.jpeg

Last edited:
14 BL Titles from PRINTEMPS PUBLISHING Coming to Manga Planet’s futekiya Category!

pP1gQQN4tNSfr0bCj-YC0x_0froRB7ncEHJyrT_6a0UesvG0tvdnCQiUEuOVWmNYusk6z6N7rLzJJEktJExu4QAFiniAgsB4akudUsEveWy3RMP7s02Ts5VmGMWeE-Ni3brl8HKMY3or_80hqx5uQ7c

Ikebukuro, Japan — Manga Planet is pleased to add 14 BL manga titles* from PRINTEMPS PUBLISHING to its library:

• Admonition from an Elder Brother by Nemui Asada
  • Buddhist Priest & A Spider by Haji
  • Good-Bye, Heron by YMZ
  • How to Catch a Runaway Sheep by Tohmi Aoyama
  • Interval Zero by Hal Suzukura and Naho Watarumi
  • Ishibashi Defense Corps Individual by Unohana
  • Midday Moon by Yayohi Monzen
  • SUPER NATURAL by Etsuko
  • The Bird Eating Snake by Iroha Megu
  • The Vampire and the Virgin Rose by Komachi Katsura
  • Under One Roof With the Beast by Chihaya Kuroiwa
  • Yamada and the Boy by Ori Mita
  • Zhenniao by Yayohi Monzen
  • OTOGI - TALES OF HUMANS AND DEMONS by Hayate Kuku
*Release dates to be announced later.

These titles will be added to Manga Planet’s futekiya (BL) category, and fans can read them via subscription. They can also digitally purchase chapters via points.

While it's always good to see Manga Planet's catalogue expanding - and there are some very good titles here (I recommend those by Ori Mita, Etsuko, Nemui Asada and YMZ) all these titles have been available on other platforms for quite a while, including Amazon/Kindle - which means you could have your own digital copy. Several are also available in French in physical copies from Hana, for those interested in owning a physical copy.) :)

S

Back