Yaoi License Announcements

@Gemsy-chan: Thank you for putting up the two Seven Seas titles from last night. I'm not thrilled with their decision to bring out these hardbacks so soon after the original paperbacks especially as when asked by readers whether they would be using the new revised text by MXTX and what the 'all-new art' actually means, they gave these replies:

'Hello! The hardcover contains the same original, uncensored story that was published in our paperbacks, albeit with some small revisions (for example, it will include any typo corrections made during later printings). The paperbacks’ B&W illustrations are also included.'

'The gold foil designs on the cover, the dust jackets, and the detailed painted edges on the hardcovers will all have new art.'

'We will be using the same black and white interior illustrations as the paperback edition, but the gold foil designs on the cover, the dust jackets, and the detailed painted edges will all have new art.'

So, just the cover art, then. And just the typos corrected. Not the new revised text. Colour me disappointed. (I was also hoping for the manhua but not in a hardcover! Or an art book.)

It seems pretty early to be doing rereleases in general, particularly when you can easily get the original and there’s no real incentive to pick up the new edition unless you’re a big hardback fan.

I’m disappointed that they haven’t gone for the new text either, but maybe they’re worried about killing sales for the earlier editions.

It seems pretty early to be doing rereleases in general, particularly when you can easily get the original and there’s no real incentive to pick up the new edition unless you’re a big hardback fan.

I’m disappointed that they haven’t gone for the new text either, but maybe they’re worried about killing sales for the earlier editions.
From comments I've seen since, it's probably still a little early to hope for a complete (and authentic) revised edition with all the extra text. I suspect that's still a way down the line.

Sevens Seas announce new BL titles: another title from Kamoburger:

Seven Seas Licenses WILD ROSES AND PRETENDERS Boys’ Love Manga Series

WildRoses-img.jpg

(June 12, 2024) – Seven Seas Entertainment is pleased to announce the license acquisition of the series Wild Roses and Pretenders by Kamoburger. Experience a beautiful Boys' Love manga featuring a romance between a servant and his master–from the author of Our Sweet One-Room Apartment!

Desperate to financially support his ailing mother, Noah leaves his hometown to enter into the service of the Reinhardt family. Upon his arrival his new master, Lord Rupert, demands that Noah pretend to be his lover! Lord Rupert wishes to avoid a political marriage, and Noah is determined to keep his job, so the two men work out an arrangement.

However, the more time they spend together, the more Noah realizes that his forlorn master is beset by loneliness—and Noah wants their love to be real. Can Lord Rupert ever see him as more than just a servant?

Wild Roses and Pretenders Vol. 1 will be released for the first time in the English language in November 2024 for $14.99 USA / $18.99 CAN, with the series available in single large-trim editions as part of the Seven Seas BL label (Boys’ Love titles). Ebook editions will also be available on digital platforms.

The second new BL title is by 'Owarl' - in France (and on Renta!) 'Owal' and the mangaka is BL GoH at this year's JapanExpo in Patis in July:

Seven Seas Licenses SWEET ROOM ESCAPE Boys’ Love Manga Series

(June 12, 2024) – Seven Seas Entertainment is pleased to announce the license acquisition of Sweet Room Escape by Owarl. A one-night stand turns into something more in this spicy, Mature-rated Boys’ Love manga!

Globetrotting businessman Haruto has achieved the optimal formula for work-life balance: put in your hours and then party hard off-hours. He makes the most of wherever the job sends him, building rapport in each local gay scene and a bon(e)afide booty-call directory. But the hot shot meets his match against the genteel, winsome Albrecht when en route to France. From airplane rowmates, to an invitation to drinks, to the best sex ever in a luxury suite, it's as if fate itself seems to be green-lighting this opportunity. But now Haruto can't seem to escape that heavenly night and resume his carefully crafted no-strings-attached game plan... Especially when Al seems to be plotting to capture Haruto's heart!

Sweet Room Escape Vol. 1 will be released for the first time in the English language in December 2024 for $15.99 USA / $19.99 CAN with the series available in single large-trim editions as part of the Seven Seas BL label (Boys’ Love titles). Ebook editions will also be available on digital platforms.
SweetRoom-img.jpg

Yet more from Seven Seas tonight; Mamita did very well in the recent Chil-Chil BL awards but not with this Reijin title:
(June 26, 2024) – Seven Seas Entertainment is pleased to announce the license acquisition of Wanna Be My Dress-Up Lover? Boys’ Love manga by MAMITA. Two coworkers are drawn into a complicated relationship when one man discovers the other’s cross-dressing kink in this steamy Boys' Love manga!

Manabe Shiro has a stressful job managing a travel agency, and when the workday is done he blows off steam by working as a “maid” at a cross-dressing café. The café is Shiro’s safe place, until one night his sardonic subordinate Nabatame Kuro comes in! Though the two might not get along at work, now that Kuro knows his secret, Shiro is willing to do whatever it takes to make sure Kuro keeps his mouth shut. Can this fraught relationship become something fulfilling for both men? For Mature Readers.

Wanna Be My Dress-Up Lover? will be released for the first time in the English language in December 2024 for $15.99 USA / $19.99 CAN in a large-trim edition as part of Seven Seas’ Boys’ Love imprint. An ebook edition will also be available on digital platforms.
WannaBeMy-img.jpg

Also for December 2024:
– Seven Seas Entertainment is pleased to announce the license acquisition of Play Me Softly by Kakeru Tsukino. A brand-new romance is fueled by unforgettable first love in this Boys’ Love manga!

Aihara, a straitlaced office worker who plays in a concert band on the side, is having a hard time moving on from his first love. But one day, Hayama, the very classmate who’d first stolen Aihara’s heart in high school, joins the band. Reunited with an old flame, Aihara’s feelings are sure to be rekindled, especially when they share a passionate kiss. After Hayama pins him to the ground, Aihara won’t be able to resist the aches of his heart—and his body! Two men share a sweet refrain from their youth in this dramatic reunion romance! For Mature Readers.

Play Me Softly will be released for the first time in the English language in December 2024 for $15.99 USA / $19.99 CAN in a large-trim edition as part of Seven Seas’ Boys’ Love imprint. An ebook edition will also be available on digital platforms.
PlayMeStoftly-img.jpg

Back