Yaoi and yuri, girls and boys

Lawrence said:
So you say but I am under the impression that many Gintama fans are both of the female sex and fully matured, same rings true for Reborn and Bleach in some respects.

Speaking of girls liking Gintama, there was a funny joke about that in a previous volume of Sayonara Zetsubou-sensei too.

>_>

Vash, ilmaestro is meaning that Jump panders to females by including more attractive-looking male characters than are strictly necessary in series about feisty youngsters having adventures, not that they directly pander to the dark world of underaged boy x boy smut.

And I think we're all bewildered about the strange Naruto book you innocently bought!

R

I said it increased its female readership, you took some implied demographic from that. Although perhaps I should also have stuck with "audience" as my term, just in case.

Yeah but like every magazine Jump does have a general target demographic. It may get a fair few older readers too, but on the whole it is a children's magazine, like I previously mentioned I'm assuming its primary target audience is roughly aged between 8-14 maybe. Taking this into consideration the kind of thing that is in that book I bought would seem very strange indeed. Imagine the Beano using that kind of tactic!

You would love Comike btw Vash, come along next year

For sure, I think it would be an interesting experience! But I'm not sure Comike is ready for me.

And I think we're all bewildered about the strange Naruto book you innocently bought!

Your telling me, Its just so random. The rest of the book seems normal though (even though I can't read it), I have no idea why they threw that stuff into the mix as a Brucie bonus.

liocons a weird one too

Don't even start bruv, I've had all the weird I can handle.

One thing I have to say about Yaoi though, is that it sure can't be doing the image of gay people in Japan any good. I remember it someone on the wiki page mentioned it was like activism for gay rights, but I cant help but disagree. I mean any genre that often portrays gays as uncontrollable rapists and occasional paedophiles can't be helping the cause much. I'm sure their is some more decent yaoi (maybe) but still.

@vashdaman i get what your saying but if it was two girls would you take the front row seat for the show. im all for gay rights equality for everyone you know. it depends on the person e.g. if a gypsy starts a fight or steals something of your would you put every gypsy as ass holes, i know theres a fer few that are but not all of them. or if a group of black youths beated you up cause your not black would you hate all black people no causes it depends on people individually.

animefreak17 said:
@vashdaman i get what your saying but if it was two girls would you take the front row seat for the show. im all for gay rights equality for everyone you know. it depends on the person e.g. if a gypsy starts a fight or steals something of your would you put every gypsy as ass holes, i know theres a fer few that are but not all of them. or if a group of black youths beated you up cause your not black would you hate all black people no causes it depends on people individually.

Not ENTIRELY sure you got what Vash was saying there AF... maybe you did and I am just not getting what you're saying though.

Back