Xbox 360

Doubtful. To start off with, I don't like to buy as soon as the console hits, the prices are extortionate. Plus a 1st generation release machine can sometimes have problems (which appears to be the case here, with a few of the 360's appearing to have problems with heat dissipation).

Then there's also the launch titles, which honestly don't look too hot at the moment. The 360 doesn't really have a killer app in place yet. Most consoles don't really get their real killer app(s) until around a year down the line. Of course, the original Xbox had Halo, but I don't see anything on par with that on launch.

Finally, I'm probably more likely to go for a Revolution, but we'll see when that launches.

Sorry to rain on the parade, but I just don't see the appeal of getting a 360 quite yet. :wink:

they delyayed DOA4 cuz the soucre simply wasnt intact.

and to Subedii i agree with you the appeal is terrible overheating crashing and the price is summet stupid but gaming is pretty much a huge part of my life and if im going to continue entering tourneys and evolving my skill i need to get as much time as possible with it otherwise i would wait (sucks being hardcore.lol)

i might get one for kameo and shenmue 3 but other than that i havent seen any games id want . i want TES4 Oblivion but i will be getting that for the PC :)

the peoblem ive seen with the games so far is that the graphics are amazing but in actual gameplay and features weve gone back about a year or so which to me sucks cuz say the casual 12 year old gamer wont notice but if summet on the xbox has all these features then asoon as the graphics become uber amazing we wloose the game i just dont think its worth it. thats my only problem with next gen at the moment

been xbox crazy at work today we have had people waiting in qs since 6 am this morning and we only got 12 of them so we had to keep sending people home after the frist 12 peopel had qed up which happened at about 9 am.
the phones have been busy all day with "have you got any xbox 360?"

i dont want to hear a thing about them for the next few weeks. i guess it lucky we are not getting anymore till after xmas then :)

have you seen that flim jingle all the way with the guv in it i mean chancge the turbo man doll for the 360 and thats what ive seen tonight absolute chaos

no i got mine pre-orderd it will be deliverd this morning but my mates were not so lucky but i just went to stop em dying from bordem waiting in line but ive never seen such disregard for anything really and for a console that may or maynot succeed

got mine took me 10 seconds

but all the people who couldn't get one stareing at me...........

next time i take my samurai sword, for fear of being mugged lol

The launch line up looks to me like the same old. Just like the X-Box, 360 is useless to anyone who refuses to give up their PC (refuses as in "has the sense not to give it up"). I'm far better off waiting for PS3, Revolution or simply saving my money. Yeah, that sounds like a good idea. I only got a PS2 last gen and it was the worst £200 i've ever pissed away. Actually... I may just get a handheld if they end up getting good sometime soon. Oh faith in console gaming... where didst thou go?

I want to wait for the PS3 (altho i will never aford it lol) because it look way better than the 360, lately Sony have only been showing the public pre-rendered footage, which was good but gave me the idea it will toatly tuned down when it comes out but now they have released the real-time footage of MGS4 (and i love MGS!!) and that looks better than the 360 (i think any way) but this is going to be the first MGS with no sneeking!! Will it work... we will just have to wait and see.

Also the extra features PS3 have such as the Eye-Toy, it is (obvisosly) way better than the eye-toy on PS2, it doesn't have all that unpredictable juddering you may get if you move your arm in a funny postion ( if you undersatand what i mean :? )

been watching a few Xbox 360s on ebay and they are going for between 500 and 900 pounds wish i bought one i know someone who bought 12 and he wont sell me one for cost :(

Its erm crap haha im fully dissapointed.... again Microsoft let me down. Now just gunna wait for the PS3...
but hey a new paperweight yay (although its a bit big for one haha)

it cant be that bad right lol I would get it but to dam expensive, maybe in a yr or so thne iwill get it and Dead or Alive 4!!

I love DOA games i have all the ones that came out in uk except DOA 4 Obiously

im actaully very impressed like in PDZ (project Dark Zero you can actualy see the invidual pigments in the floor tiles i mean how cool is that but gameplay wise pretty much the same i would advise a HDTV (like me) cuz my bro got the core package and on a normal tv sucks ass and the live is pretty cool like i was on PGR3 and my mate won a new title badge thing and it came up on my screen i thought it was just cool

Back