X Japan and other rock-related chat

NormanicGrav

Quintessential Grav
AUKN Staff
Never heard of the band, but the plot synopsis is quite something...

However, I shan't be paying the £30 Amazon are asking for. I shall wait for something more reasonable.

X Japan is one of the most popular and influential bands in Japan. Their music is primarily heavy metal so it's not for everyone.

And for those who are interested I recommend checking out their 29 minute song Art of Life which has a cool 9 minute piano solo.

I'm a big fan of contemporary Japanese rock / metal, but I have to admit I've never been able to get into X - they remind me too much of stuff like Kiss or Iron Maiden - basically, your 'dads' rock...

I'm a big fan of contemporary Japanese rock / metal, but I have to admit I've never been able to get into X - they remind me too much of stuff like Kiss or Iron Maiden - basically, your 'dads' rock...
Yeah, I personally go as far as ONE OK ROCK, MAN WITH A MISSION and coldrain. In the grand scheme of things all fairly soft. I can handle heavy metal but it's not my first choice.

X Japan is one of the most popular and influential bands in Japan. Their music is primarily heavy metal so it's not for everyone.

And for those who are interested I recommend checking out their 29 minute song Art of Life which has a cool 9 minute piano solo.

And there was me thinking millennials invented dumbass hipster ****...

I've never been the biggest fan of Dream Theatre either, funnily enough - I find my metal tastes are either toward stuff like Bring Me The Horizon, While She Sleeps, Architects etc. or down the route of Nightwish, Amaranthe, Within Temptation etc.

I've never been the biggest fan of Dream Theatre either, funnily enough - I find my metal tastes are either toward stuff like Bring Me The Horizon, While She Sleeps, Architects etc. or down the route of Nightwish, Amaranthe, Within Temptation etc.

Aw, Dream Theater is my favourite band. I keep yearning for a band I can fall for as hard as Dream Theater, but it's just not happening. DT walk a very fine line that is exactly what I'm looking for. They're still heavy and very metal/guitar driven, unlike early prog stuff like Yes or other 70s prog rock and the like, but it's not screaming incomprehensibly like Between the Buried and Me or Opeth. They also don't fall into the prog trap of having almost all of their songs be 30+ epics. They have a few, yes, but the majority of their output is probably around the 6-10 minute mark.

Back