Worst Anime EVER

Maxon said:
Will-O'-The-Wisp said:
I had a look at other people's top 10 worst animu list on the net and I'm cheesed off at seeing Naruto and Bleach constantly being there. If you really hate the series that much, then fair game, but most of these are just jumping on the Shonen hate bandwagon ¬¬
So it's OK to like them, but if someone hates them it's jumping on a bandwagon? Double standards, much?

Bleach and Naruto are pretty ******, but they aren't the worst out there.

That isn't what I said at all... I blatently said that if you genuinley hate the series then it's fair game. Art Thou Stoned?

Finding an absolute 'worst ever' would be tricky, but 'worst I have ever managed to sit through' certainly has its fair share of contenders.

The attempted CGI continuation of Dominion Tank Police, "Tank SWAT" is a firm favourite of mine; cheap looking cg, dull story, and characters that have virtually nothing in common with their previous versions. Bonus points for taking a much loved franchise and putting any hopes of a new series back for who knows how long.

The second series of Zero no Tsukaima deserves a mention, I think. The first series was sort of watchable as it constantly threatened to become almost good. The second series snatches defeat from the jaws of victory by throwing out anything resembling an interesting plot device in favour of more tits.

The worst thing I can remember seeing though is probably one of those OAVs that the sci-fi channel used to show late at night, Makyu Senjo. Admittedly the lousy animation and cliche plotting probably aren't much worse than many of the other late eighties blood-and-thunder efforts, but what earns this one a special place in my hall of hatred is that after our hapless hero goes super-sayan for reasons which presently escape me, he promptly rapes an innocent bystander. And then the plot just conveniently forgets about it. Call me old fashioned, but I just don't have any great desire to cheer on Mr Casual Rape as subsequently goes off to save some professor and his daughter. Even for the sci-fi channel, that's just not nice.

There appeared to be a giant swastika-dragon in that intro! o_O

Yeah I know that symbol has other meanings besides being the nazi symbol, but I still lol when I see it. XD

Professor Irony said:
our hapless hero goes super-sayan for reasons which presently escape me, he promptly rapes an innocent bystander. And then the plot just conveniently forgets about it. Call me old fashioned, but I just don't have any great desire to cheer on Mr Casual Rape as subsequently goes off to save some professor and his daughter. Even for the sci-fi channel, that's just not nice.

Sounds epic!

damn, another i have to hunt down ¬_¬

[EDIT] 999 POST!! HOW PENULTIMATE!

Olio8O said:
Ushio said:
Olio8O said:
can't find any Kabuto on YouTube :(
Had a dig around and found this (hunting for vids on youtube is fun!): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhcHsbZG5Is

This is from the TV series instead of the OVA we got, but the theme tune is still the same so it's a taster! Epic cheese J-rock ftw! :D

aahh, brings back such toe-curling memories of anger at spending £9.99 on Kabuto :roll:
If it doesn't hurt to much for you to remember, what exactly is Kabuto about / like ?

I cannot find anything on makyu senjo/dark warrior.

I REALLY WANT TO SEE IT :x

if any1 has a clip... especially of the super saiyan rape PLEASE POST!!

chaos said:
Olio8O said:
Ushio said:
Olio8O said:
Had a dig around and found this (hunting for vids on youtube is fun!): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhcHsbZG5Is

This is from the TV series instead of the OVA we got, but the theme tune is still the same so it's a taster! Epic cheese J-rock ftw! :D

aahh, brings back such toe-curling memories of anger at spending £9.99 on Kabuto :roll:
If it doesn't hurt to much for you to remember, what exactly is Kabuto about / like ?

As far as I can remember its about this heroic samurai type who returns to a village he once lived in only to find that its been taken over by an evil witch. Theres a princess to save (of course) who he professed his love to when they were children. They throw in some demonic robots just to try to put a spin on the whole standard samurai story but essentially its really nothing new or exciting. It has a terrible soundtrack and the hero can inexplicably fly through the air like a superhero.

Olio8O said:
chaos said:
Olio8O said:
Ushio said:
Olio8O said:

If it doesn't hurt to much for you to remember, what exactly is Kabuto about / like ?[/As far as I can remember its about this heroic samurai type who returns to a village he once lived in only to find that its been taken over by an evil witch. Theres a princess to save (of course) who he professed his love to when they were children. They throw in some demonic robots just to try to put a spin on the whole standard samurai story but essentially its really nothing new or exciting. It has a terrible soundtrack and the hero can inexplicably fly through the air like a superhero.
Didn't you know that samurai can fly? I hear all of them can cut trees larger than men without having to touch them at all! ;D

Seriously, the general idea you gave me seems like something I should watch, but the rating you gave it, makes me think it's not a good idea...

lol - I know its not that much of a stretch to have characters fly around in an anime! The way its done is what makes it ridiculous, and the music its put to makes it even worse. I would recommend spending your money on anything else other than Kabuto!

Back