Worst Anime EVER

There was a topic like this already, so I've just merged topics.

I really need to sort this search thing in the forums sometime...

Closest I've ever come to actively resenting a company, was Manga Entertainment's year of dubtitles. The word came on down to cut corners, and so extras were cut, single volume releases stopped halfway, to go straight to boxset, and dubtitles turned up on all their releases.

For me, the most infuriating release from this period had to be Otogi Zoshi. I loved this show when it started, proper subtitles and feature laded discs (about an hour extra on each) DTS sound as well. The one niggle might have been the lack of a signs only track, and the fact that the R1 were 2-disc sets, while we got everything crammed onto one for two of the volumes, and then a 2-disc set for volume 3. Consistency was never their strong suit.

But the Heian arc was still good value. Then along comes the Tokyo arc, all the extras were stripped, and dubtitles were applied across all three releases of this half. Also, with the modern era setting providing plenty of onscreen text to translate, a signs only track would have been more useful here, but the signs weren't even consistently translated in the dubtitle track, rendering key moments of the final episode opaque. I wound up double dipping on the R1 sets for the Tokyo arc.

chaos said:

dead topic is dead.

It should die and be reborn again in a new topic. Like a phoenix. Not dug up and hopelessly added to, like an old chick with fake tits.

Stop playing God. Let it rest in peace Chaos.

Hmmm...let's see....do I go with the unpopular choice...the one that nearly killed an anime society....or the one so LAUGHABLY bad it defied belief......

ALL THREE

First up: End of Evangelion. Hoo boy, nothing like pretentious overblown artsy rubbish mixed with half an episode of content is there? You can make all the in depth readings you like on this one but frankly I've heard them, I am STILL above all convinced this movie was a giant "**** you" to the people who complained about the series. There is no anime I have ever seen that was so catastrophically disappointing as this one. 7 years on and it STILL remains as possibly the worst anime movie I have ever had the dubious pleasure of watching.

Second: (I know this is Korean, but it is marketed as anime) Sky Blue/Wonderful days. This was shown at my animesoc...people walked out, one guy had stopped following the plot and was trying to see if he could identify the engines sounds were taken from in the movie, and at least three fell asleep...graphically lush....but ohhh boy what a plot...or lack thereof.

Third, and possibly the biggest stinker of the lot... Gundam F-91. Looks bad, horrible plot, FAR too long, and with one RIDICULOUS moment.... a weapon is mentioned that will "only kill the humans and leave the colony untouched"....which is then revealed to basically be a SET OF GIANT SHURIKEN.....yes....we lost all respect for the guy who recommended it.

::licks thumb::
::starts flipping through diary::

Okay, shall we start scheduling the 2009 series of Chom V ayase debates? ;)

Everyone seems to be as against me on Gundam F-91 as they are on ZZ. I'm not even going to try and justify my love of those anymore, I think I just prefer Gundam when it's not taking itself too seriously.

If it makes you feel any better ayase i'm looking forward to starting Gundam ZZ :p i mean i've now become addicted to its opening themes... As for F91 i still say that a lot of its problems come from its origins, he concept deserved to be a full 51 ep series, you just can't cram all developments from that into a 2.5 hour movie, i mean the original gundam series took 3 movies to cover 43 eps.

ayase said:
::licks thumb::
::starts flipping through diary::

Okay, shall we start scheduling the 2009 series of Chom V ayase debates? ;)

Everyone seems to be as against me on Gundam F-91 as they are on ZZ. I'm not even going to try and justify my love of those anymore, I think I just prefer Gundam when it's not taking itself too seriously.

Hey, you're entitled to your opinion, I can only speak from personal viewpoints here but I'm sure we can start a new round of topic based debate that will have others begging for mercy at some point ;)

skikes said:
chaos said:

dead topic is dead.

It should die and be reborn again in a new topic. Like a phoenix. Not dug up and hopelessly added to, like an old chick with fake tits.

Stop playing God. Let it rest in peace Chaos.
Power corrupts ;)

I still think that Sakura Wars ~ Sumire is the worst anime ever made.

I doubt it would qualify as "the worst anime ever", but I thought Gilgamesh was bollocks. It made little sense, the character's voices were bad and even if those reasons were null and void, the art alone makes the whole series one big eye-sore! ><

I had a look at other people's top 10 worst animu list on the net and I'm cheesed off at seeing Naruto and Bleach constantly being there. If you really hate the series that much, then fair game, but most of these are just jumping on the Shonen hate bandwagon ¬¬

Tekken and street fighter alpha 2 generations rank as two of the worst in my opinion, then just above them is Gundam Seed Destiny (which is joint with SD Gundam Force before someone tries to come in and defend Destiny by pointing out that show ;) )

Admittedly i only picked up the first two on the cheap and when i got Tekken i was pretty stupid, something on the lines of "wow an anime for only £9? How could i go wrong, its tekken as well. This will be awesome" I now want my hour of life back that i gave that crap.

Will-O'-The-Wisp said:
I had a look at other people's top 10 worst animu list on the net and I'm cheesed off at seeing Naruto and Bleach constantly being there. If you really hate the series that much, then fair game, but most of these are just jumping on the Shonen hate bandwagon ¬¬
Add "current" infront of Bleach and Naruto and it makes sense. Both of them are going nowhere.

Lupus said:
Will-O'-The-Wisp said:
Add "current" infront of Bleach and Naruto and it makes sense. Both of them are going nowhere.

Bleach yeah, but Naruto's advancing pretty well

Will-O'-The-Wisp said:
So it's OK to like them, but if someone hates them it's jumping on a bandwagon? Double standards, much?

Bleach and Naruto are pretty ******, but they aren't the worst out there.

Hello! This is my first post on the board!

Some of the worst anime I have ever seen in my many years as a fan:

VAMPIRE WARS
PSYCHIC WARS
MAD BULL
KABUTO
ARMAGEDDON
RED HAWK
SWORD FOR TRUTH

Sorry Manga Entertainment, I like you and everything, but you are responsible for unleashing these on poor unsuspecting anime fans!

Olio8O said:
Hello! This is my first post on the board!

Some of the worst anime I have ever seen in my many years as a fan:

VAMPIRE WARS
PSYCHIC WARS
MAD BULL
KABUTO
ARMAGEDDON
RED HAWK
SWORD FOR TRUTH

Sorry Manga Entertainment, I like you and everything, but you are responsible for unleashing these on poor unsuspecting anime fans!

Welcome!

I liked those "collection" lines they did. Though the shows were bad they were the kinda retro cyber punk **** i love to zone out to. Like Angel Cop.

Sometimes bad can be fun and others... well lets not talk of virus buster surge anymore ¬_¬

thanks for the welcome!

I agree with you on Angel Cop, I still have my VHS copies of that and actually really like it even though I know its bad. I just thought that the ones I listed were much worse with no real plus points. All were badly animated and had weak storylines IMO.

Olio8O said:
VAMPIRE WARS
PSYCHIC WARS
MAD BULL
KABUTO
ARMAGEDDON
RED HAWK
SWORD FOR TRUTH
That is an epic list of failed anime. Some real classic moments in them such as the dude fighting a demon tumour in Psychic Wars. :eek:
Just did a quick search and found it! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acwzX6AY ... E6&index=2

Red Hawk was interesting in the way it blatantly ripped the opening fight from the Street Fighter moive and Kabuto had that awesome/awful theme song! XD

Olio8O said:
thanks for the welcome!

I agree with you on Angel Cop, I still have my VHS copies of that and actually really like it even though I know its bad. I just thought that the ones I listed were much worse with no real plus points. All were badly animated and had weak storylines IMO.

I'll have to take your word for it i havent seen any of the titles you've listed. Rayearth was another 'BAD good show' from mangas collection line.

Though i am curious about infamous psychic wars and just how truely bad it is. I may give it a download... though im sure seeds will be hard to find lol

Edit:
Ushio said:
Some real classic moments in them such as the dude fighting a demon tumour in Psychic Wars. Surprised
Just did a quick search and found it! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acwzX6AY ... E6&index=2

LMFAO THATS IMMENSE! i cannot believe manga put that up on their youtube channel of their on free will. i have to see this show lol

Back