Cool, was just checking Netflix to finish Uncle from Another World, but it's STILL not up!
H1Rsw8p.gif

Yep it's annoying, but I suppose they're holding out for Episode 13 which got pushed back.

New Funimation batch for Crunchyroll:

Anime:Notes:
Guilty Crown22 eps - Dub + Sub
My Senpai is Annoying12 eps - Dub + Sub
Okami-san & Her Seven Companions12 eps - Dub + Sub
Robotics;Notes11 eps - Dub + Sub
School Rumble26 eps - Dub + Sub
School Rumble 2nd Semester26 eps - Dub + Sub
SHOW BY ROCK!! Mashumairesh!!12 eps - Dub + Sub
Wave, Listen to Me!12 eps - Dub + Sub

Also available for US/CA is an English dub add-on for Ga-Rei-Zero.

BTW Have you seen CR have added another batch from Funimation?
LOL, yes you have! Was just writing the list out, went to double check something and here they are.

So half a week into week 2, this is my current ranking of Winter 2023:

Will Finish
MagiRevo
Eminence in Shadow
Buddy Daddies
MHA S6 Cour 2
Iruma-kun S3 Cour 2

Are on the 3 ep bubble (all aired episodes watched)
Trigun Stampede
Reborn to Master the Blade
Tomo-Chan
Nier Automata Ver 1.1a
Misfit of Demon Academy S2
High Card
By the Grace of Gods 2
Saving 80,000 Gold...
Kubo Won't Let Me Be Invisible
Endo and Kobayashi Live!
Giant Beast of Ars
Disillusion Adventures

Dropped
Spy Classroom [Dropped after ep 1]

Still to Watch
Blue Lock cour 2
The Fire Hunter
Ippon Again!
Revenger
Summer Time Rendering (Now its out of D+ Japan jail)

So only been truly grabbed by 2 new shows from Winter. There seems to be a lot of watchable shows, but nothing is standing out like Bocchi, Do It Yourself, Akiba Maid Wars or Bleach.

I get the feeling that Trigun Stampede is going to be the Chainsaw Man of this seeason, where its not the exact same vibes as the manga, so people are going to have a moan rather than enjoying it for it being its own version.

Summer Time Rendering is now available on Disney+
Not sure if there's a different version but STR seems to be censored (it does get crazy gory) it's done in a way that fits in with the series so may be how it was intended to look but the 'heavier' scenes it's very very noticeable.

Not sure if there's a different version but STR seems to be censored (it does get crazy gory) it's done in a way that fits in with the series so may be how it was intended to look but the 'heavier' scenes it's very very noticeable.
Saw someone say it's the Blu-ray version with less censoring and some other tweaks.

Saw someone say it's the Blu-ray version with less censoring and some other tweaks.
LESS censoring than the Blu-ray!?!?
Wow that's a pretty terrible Blu-ray offering.
Not on the level of Deadman Wonderland but some of the censor effects cover the whole screen so can't imagine how bad the Blu-ray is.
On the plus side as it's Disney+ we'll probably never get a physical release anyway.

LESS censoring than the Blu-ray!?!?
Wow that's a pretty terrible Blu-ray offering.
Not on the level of Deadman Wonderland but some of the censor effects cover the whole screen so can't imagine how bad the Blu-ray is.
On the plus side as it's Disney+ we'll probably never get a physical release anyway.
No, no. It's the Blu-ray version! With less censoring than the TV version and some other tweaks.

I guess Disney holding out for the Blu-ray version is probably why it took this long to be available then.
Looking at the Blu-rays on CDJapan and unusually for Japan there's only 2 parts rather than a load of parts with 3 episodes only!
2nd part came out on the 21st of December, so a couple of weeks for translations and dubs, at least of the second part if the they had already done that for the first part.

New Funimation batch for Crunchyroll:

Dagashi Kashi Season 212 eps - Dub Add-on
Eden of the East: The King of EdenFilm - Dub
Eden of the East: Paradise LostFilm - Dub
Mobile Suit Gundam the Origin: Advent of the Red Comet13 eps - Dub Add-on
Rampo Kitan: Game of Laplace12 eps - Dub + Sub

Also available for US/CA is the live-action Tokyo Ghoul film.

NieR and Ayakashi Triangle have both been delayed due to Covid.
NieR is stopping at the 3 episodes already out and AT will air 3 and 4 and then stop.
Some are speculating that it's down to poor management by Aniplex and thus could affect other shows like Buddy Daddies and Tomo-chan.
I'd already pressed pause on AT and will see what I'll do with NieR after I've watched 3, if it makes as little sense as 2 I think I'll drop it anyway. Hope it doesn't affect the other 2 as I'm enjoying them.

Another one bites the dust! Kubo-san will air until episode 6 and then then start again from the beginning in the Spring season.
This one is Pony Canon, but I guess the same problem as the others of outsourcing to China and their latest COVID outbreak.

New Funimation batch for Crunchyroll from last Friday:

Chrono Crusade24 eps - Dub Add-on
El Cazador de la Bruja26 eps - Dub + Sub
Kakushigoto the MovieFilm - Sub
The Tower of Druaga -The Aegis of URUK-12 eps - Dub Add-on
The Tower of Druaga -The Sword of URUK-12 eps - Dub Add-on

Also available for US/CA is the English dubs for Love Live! Sunshine Seasons 1 & 2.

...and last night's batch:

Dragonaut: The Resonance26 eps - Dub + Sub
Fractale11 eps - Dub + Sub

I'm expecting another batch later this week.

Spotted this on Prime under the Original & Exclusive section, when you click on it it just takes you to the page for The Peripheral instead and searching it doesn't find anything 🤷‍♂️
Checked MAL and seems to be a Winter 2023 series.
(Apologies for the photography)
20230131_182954.jpg

Spotted this on Prime under the Original & Exclusive section, when you click on it it just takes you to the page for The Peripheral instead and searching it doesn't find anything 🤷‍♂️
Checked MAL and seems to be a Winter 2023 series.
(Apologies for the photography)
View attachment 28098
Don't know what that is doing there as Orphen season 3 is on Crunchyroll and is neither original or exclusive to Prime.

Back