Winter 2016 Legal Anime Streaming Thread

ConanThe3rd said:
Buzz201 said:
Gundam Thunderbolt is not available in the UK & Ireland unfortunately. It is however available in Australia, Canada, Hong Kong, Indonesia, South Korea, Malaysia, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Taiwan, USA, Vietnam,

So basically every country with even a passing interest in English except the European ones. Something tells me we won't get access to Thunderbolt at all then...
Seriously. at this point, I'm beginning to think they're doing it deliberately to start something.

Obtaining a fast Korean VPN isn't hard, but that's not really the point.

I can't see why anybody would put a hold on it coming out in the UK, except maybe Anime Limited but they'd have probably said something. If we don't qualify for the free streaming period, maybe they've had to sign an exclusivity deal for PPV or Digital download. It'd be a massive shame if we missed out on Thunderbolt entirely because some suit said so, and knowing suits probably because they thought they'd get more money if they held out.

Or to put it bluntly, none of this makes any sense and I'm not going to feel especially guilty about a Christmas trip to South Korea...

Buzz201 said:
ConanThe3rd said:
Buzz201 said:
Gundam Thunderbolt is not available in the UK & Ireland unfortunately. It is however available in Australia, Canada, Hong Kong, Indonesia, South Korea, Malaysia, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Taiwan, USA, Vietnam,

So basically every country with even a passing interest in English except the European ones. Something tells me we won't get access to Thunderbolt at all then...
Seriously. at this point, I'm beginning to think they're doing it deliberately to start something.

Obtaining a fast Korean VPN isn't hard, but that's not really the point.

I can't see why anybody would put a hold on it coming out in the UK, except maybe Anime Limited but they'd have probably said something. If we don't qualify for the free streaming period, maybe they've had to sign an exclusivity deal for PPV or Digital download. It'd be a massive shame if we missed out on Thunderbolt entirely because some suit said so, and knowing suits probably because they thought they'd get more money if they held out.

Or to put it bluntly, none of this makes any sense and I'm not going to feel especially guilty about a Christmas trip to South Korea...

I downloaded it is easier for me than a VPN, its a good episode

thedoctor2016 said:

I prefer to stream legally where possible, since a) using a VPN is not actually illegal, no matter how much they might try and tell you otherwise, and b) at least Sunrise will see there's a demand for streaming it in South Korea, and hopefully they'll continue to stream Gundam on YouTube and I can continue to use a VPN...

NEW SIMULCAST ADDITION:

10653383_527271074098327_774925243011634890_n.jpg

God Eater [Episodes 10-13]
Original Japanese Title: God Eater
Site: Daisuki
Language: Japanese w/English subtitles
Regions: Worldwide (except for Japan, China)

New schedule for the remainder of the series:

2016/3/5 - #10 "Scattered Petals"
2016/3/12 - #11 "OPERATION METEORITE"
2016/3/19 - #12 "United They Stand"
2016/3/26 - #13 "Lotus"

DAGASHIKASHI, Haruchika, Luck & Logic, and Prince of Stride: Alternative are also heading to Daisuki but considering they're with Funimation it's going to be region locked.

NEW SIMULCAST ADDITION:

5ca3eb73fa96407103fb11e0f99a554e1451091586_full.jpg

LocoDol OVA
Original Japanese Title: LocoDol
Site: Crunchyroll
Regions: Worldwide except for Asia

NEW SIMULCAST ADDITION UPDATE:

ba281f9e75f6c25ac9128a02cd700b841451091748_full.jpg

Wagnaria!!3 1-Hour Special Finale
Original Japanese Title: Wagnaria!!3
Regions: North America, Central America, South America, United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, and New Zealand

Buzz201 said:
thedoctor2016 said:

I prefer to stream legally where possible, since a) using a VPN is not actually illegal, no matter how much they might try and tell you otherwise, and b) at least Sunrise will see there's a demand for streaming it in South Korea, and hopefully they'll continue to stream Gundam on YouTube and I can continue to use a VPN...
Buzz, let's face it, if Big A could make VPN "Trips" as illegal as the Devil Fruit empowered verity of "Trip" it can and it will in it's self destructive mission to ensure no body in the UK watches Sailor Moon ever again.

Also, that second one is a bit of a vicious cycle, isn't it?

ConanThe3rd said:
Buzz, let's face it, if Big A could make VPN "Trips" as illegal as the Devil Fruit empowered verity of "Trip" it can and it will in it's self destructive mission to ensure no body in the UK watches Sailor Moon ever again.

Also, that second one is a bit of a vicious cycle, isn't it?
I wouldn't be surprised if VPN trips are illegal by the end of the year - they have to spy on us to keep us safe.

Yes, but not watching it and/or downloading it achieves nothing, at least this way I'm doing South Korea a solid...

EXPIRING ON DECEMBER 31ST:

CXSGQyHUAAA2nBP.png:large

The iDOLM@STER
Original Japanese Title: The iDOLM@STER
Site: Daisuki

Crunchyroll still has the license, but only for USA & Canada.

NEW SIMULCAST ADDITION:

880c76d032a847cbed6b4dfda56c15ba1451340445_full.jpg

Lupin the Third Part IV
Original Japanese Title: Lupin III: L'avventura italiana
Regions: United States, Canada, Central and South America, the United Kingdom, Ireland, New Zealand, Australia, Scandinavia, and the Netherlands.

The series will start on January 7th 2016 alongside the already existing episodes.

Been interested in Lupin for a while, but not interested in jumping in at Part 4. Shame they haven't expanded the regions for the previous parts whilst they're at it.

Buzz201 said:
Been interested in Lupin for a while, but not interested in jumping in at Part 4.

It's your call, but having seen a little of Part 4 already, I feel it's as good a place to start as any. There's very little continuity across the franchise as a whole and, unlike Detective Conan, there's nothing you need to know about the characters that you can't pick up in the space of an episode or so. The new series also seems to be aware that many of the audience won't have seen Lupin before.

Bailey1985 said:
I haven't watched any idols shows before . Is it any good ? Should I try and binge watch it before it comes off the service ?
It's great. Some would say the best. If you don't inherently hate the basic concept, you'll love it.

Back