Winter 2016 Legal Anime Streaming Thread

I've watched a lot of the PreCure anime that's available, they're definitely aware that their audience is not 100% limited to young females. But then, I have no intention of complaining on social media about anything.

NormanicGrav said:
NEW CATALOGUE 'WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!?' ADDITION:

23702550.jpg

Glitter Force
Original Japanese Title: Smile PrettyCure
I do kind of wish this had come with some sort of reaction gif though. :p

Anyone know what the best Slice of Life Cute Girl show is this season? I feel like 2015 was a fantastic year for the genre, going from Kiniro Mosaic S2 to Non Non Biyori S2 to Is The Order a Rabbit S2 and I hope this trend continues into the new year.

Mahou Shoujo Nante Mou Ii Desu Kara is a bit of an odd one. The series devotes enough chapters to exploring the technical side of Yuzuka's abilities and magical girls in general that I'd be cautious about even entirely including it within that label, even though at other times it would apply perfectly. Then again the only competition is Gyaruko-chan (which I haven't read)...

I wouldn't be remotely surprised if both turned out to be shorts.

FUNIMATION! 'WE SHOULD BE WATCHING?' MORE LIKE WE CAN'T WATCH THEM:

77050l.jpg

One Piece: Adventure of Nebulandia
Original Japanese Title: One Piece: Adventure of Nebulandia
Site: Funimation
Language: Japanese w/English subtitles
Regions: US & Canada

Because Funimation.

NEW SIMULCAST ADDITION:

80770362ad2e1b22f4868eb4c4cfb4971450472921_full.png

Kiznaiver
Original Japanese Title: Kiznaiver
Site: Crunchyroll
Regions: TBA but considering it's exclusive I guess UK/Ireland, USA/Canada and Australia/New Zealand

NormanicGrav said:
Kiznaiver
Original Japanese Title: Kiznaiver
Site: Crunchyroll
Regions: TBA but considering it's exclusive I guess UK/Ireland, USA/Canada and Australia/New Zealand

The fact they're being cagey with region information suggests there's something up with it, but the "Crunchyroll Exclusive" wording is weird. I hope it doesn't end up being excluded from the UK because CR got an exclusivity deal or something weird.

Yeah that CR announcement is a bit "we signed something... we don't know what, but we signed something!!" Have they announced something like this for shows more than a season in advance before?

ilmaestro said:
Yeah that CR announcement is a bit "we signed something... we don't know what, but we signed something!!" Have they announced something like this for shows more than a season in advance before?

I know The Perfect Insider was announced in advance (via Anime Expo 2015). Not sure of any other examples.

Well from my perspective Trigger's new title is either an Aniplex license or a Sentai license.

NormanicGrav said:
ConanThe3rd said:
That reminds me, we never did get Kodocha did we?

Huh.

Nope. I know Funimation had the rights which I think has now expired completely.
IIRC this article on ANN is about some trouble Funimation ran into with Kodocha with the details altered.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/tales-of-the-industry/2015-03-10/.85753
NormanicGrav said:
FUNIMATION! 'WE SHOULD BE WATCHING?' MORE LIKE WE CAN'T WATCH THEM:

77050l.jpg

One Piece: Adventure of Nebulandia
Original Japanese Title: One Piece: Adventure of Nebulandia
Site: Funimation
Regions: US & Canada

Because Funimation.
Will probably end up on Crunchyroll too with the same restrictions.

kuuderes_shadow said:
I don't think the season that Kiznaiver is airing in has actually been announced yet. Unless someone can point me to where it says otherwise?

Somebody called Martin Quach just asked when it will air on Facebook, their reply "Still unknown. But we will post it once it confirmed"

Hmm, seems Crunchyroll has jumped the gun just to try and beat FUNimation. Part of me hopes it works out for them, but I can still see them getting North America rights and then using their exclusivity to block all other simulcasts...

Buzz201 said:
kuuderes_shadow said:
I don't think the season that Kiznaiver is airing in has actually been announced yet. Unless someone can point me to where it says otherwise?

Somebody called Martin Quach just asked when it will air on Facebook, their reply "Still unknown. But we will post it once it confirmed"

Hmm, seems Crunchyroll has jumped the gun just to try and beat FUNimation. Part of me hopes it works out for them, but I can still see them getting North America rights and then using their exclusivity to block all other simulcasts...
Concrete Revolutio all over again.

Seriously though what Funimation did was a complete dick move to Daisuki and everyone outside America.

Back