Winter 2016 Legal Anime Streaming Thread

It's unfortunate to see that Funi have nabbed so much stuff, but really the only thing there I was interested in was Dimension W, and even then, only mildly so at best.

thedoctor2016 said:
Are there any shows licensed for the UK yet, or has only FUNi announced theres?

Nothing yet, aside from one film from Ponycan (Garakowa) and Netflix acquiring Ajin: Demi-Human.

Aniplex's Erased and Durarara!!x2 Ketsu should be available on Crunchyroll for UK.

NEW CATALOGUE ADDITION:

7831a76a0f5961376bfa088f8f1e3fb61450811444_full.jpg

Free! Iwatobi Swim Club (Season 1)
Original Japanese Title: Free! Iwatobi Swim Club
Site: Crunchyroll
Language: English Dub (Japanese w/English subtitles already available)
Regions: Worldwide excluding various Asian zones.

thedoctor2016 said:
I only care about Prince of Stride and Fairy Tail Zero atm.

Not even the remainder of GOD EATER?

Although, Anime Consortium Japan are a co-producer so it's basically guaranteed to pop up on Daisuki at some point, and Aniplex of America licensed it for English-language territories so it'll probably be delayed on Crunchyroll.

NormanicGrav said:
NEW CATALOGUE ADDITION:

7831a76a0f5961376bfa088f8f1e3fb61450811444_full.jpg

Free! Iwatobi Swim Club (Season 1)
Original Japanese Title: Free! Iwatobi Swim Club
Language: English Dub (Japanese w/English subtitles already available)
Regions: Worldwide excluding various Asian zones.

Gave up after 7 mins, yep its the same as season 2.

REGION LOCKED CATALOGUE:

83a089077597e386ba9dfafc0aa499bc1450908911_full.jpg

Zombie-Loan
Original Japanese Title: Zombie-Loan
Language: Japanese w/English subtitles
Regions: US & Canada

Discotek Media has the US license.

STILL REGION LOCKED, SERIOUSLY TOEI? IT'S CHRISTMAS FOR DIGIMON SAKE:

Crunchyroll have added additional regions for Digimon Adventure Tri, still no UK & Ireland.

Albania, Algeria, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Djibouti, Egypt, Estonia, Finland, Georgia, Hungary, Iceland, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Kuwait, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Lebanon, Libya, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Macedonia, Malta, Mauritania, Moldova, Montenegro, Morocco, Netherlands, Norway, Northern Cyprus, Oman, Palestine, Poland, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Somalia, Spain, Sudan, Sweden, Syria, Tunisia, Turkey, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, Western Sahara, Yemen
get

NormanicGrav said:
REGION LOCKED CATALOGUE:

STILL REGION LOCKED, SERIOUSLY TOEI? IT'S CHRISTMAS FOR DIGIMON SAKE:

Crunchyroll have added additional regions for Digimon Adventure Tri, still no UK & Ireland.
Not surprised, Toei into this year screwing over UK Sailor Moon fans with that god awful Nico Nico streaming of Crystal, (as much of as disaster that is and continues to be) and them being, from all accounts, the roadblock to any UK DVD release of the Remaster so they might as well come out of the other end screwing over the Triple H to Sailor Moon's Shawn Michaels.

Noriyuki Tada needs a solid boot up his **** and the action repeated until such time as sitting down for him will constitute a quantum impossibility with dire consequences on the level of Time Cop Paradoxes.

And Crunchyroll should just be ashamed of themselves but, then again, thieves tend to not know of shame and yes I'm bringing up their past up now and no I don't particularly give a solid damn.

NEW SIMULCAST ADDITION:

Mr. Osomatsu [Episode 12A]
Original Japanese Title: Osomatsu-san
Regions: Same regions as main series.

12A is basically Episode 12 with an alternate audio track with commentary from the VAs.

Wagnaria!! 1-Hour Special Finale
Original Japanese Title: Working!!
Regions: Same regions as main series.

Gundam Thunderbolt is not available in the UK & Ireland unfortunately. It is however available in Australia, Canada, Hong Kong, Indonesia, South Korea, Malaysia, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Taiwan, USA, Vietnam,

So basically every country with even a passing interest in English except the European ones. Something tells me we won't get access to Thunderbolt at all then...

NEW SIMULCAST ADDITION:

CXE6VKjUMAEh4dS.jpg

Erased
Original Japanese Title: Boku dake ga inai machi
Site: Daisuki
Regions: North/Central/Latin America, Oceania, Ireland, United Kingdom (1 week after simulcast).

Crunchyroll will start first but regions are TBA.

REGION LOCKED SIMULCAST:

Durarara!!x2 Ketsu
Original Japanese Title: Durarara!!x2 Ketsu
Site: Daisuki
Regions: North/Central/Latin America, Asia (except for China, Korea, India & Japan)

Crunchyroll will simulcast the series for UK.

Buzz201 said:
Gundam Thunderbolt is not available in the UK & Ireland unfortunately. It is however available in Australia, Canada, Hong Kong, Indonesia, South Korea, Malaysia, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Taiwan, USA, Vietnam,

So basically every country with even a passing interest in English except the European ones. Something tells me we won't get access to Thunderbolt at all then...
Oh I swear if it's been shunted to Animax.

Back