Wii to buy or not to buy?

Pomtry

Combat Butler
I have just got some money off some relatives to get whatever I want so I decided I might just get a Wii but I want to know if it is actualy worth buying?

I'd wait till october/november time, I got mine at launch and havent played it for about 2/3 months because of the lack of games. Plus the its very unlikely you'll be able to get one still, they're still sold out pretty much every where.

Release dates for the 'Big Guns'

Mario Party 8 - 22/06/2007
Trauma Center: Second Opinion - 26/07/2007
Super Mario Galaxy - 31/08/2007
Super Paper Mario - 01/09/2007
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption - 27/09/2007
Super Smash Brothers: Brawl - 30/09/2007
Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles - 01/11/2007

and you know half of those will be delayed.

If you get one and your a good importer i recommend to you getting a US Wii, they have a lot more games than us; and plus its 2 US Dollars to 1 GB pound, great time to buy.

I own a EU one, still good, but getting games sooner is always better.

Jayme said:
If you get one and your a good importer i recommend to you getting a US Wii, they have a lot more games than us; and plus its 2 US Dollars to 1 GB pound, great time to buy.

We are actually getting Mario Strikers 2 months before america, probably because of the lack of Football (soccer) support over there.

Xelis said:
Jayme said:

We are actually getting Mario Strikers 2 months before america, probably because of the lack of Football (soccer) support over there.

Yeah, but it seems to be a popular child game, like in Middle School and High School in America, the big game is more about money and popularity than the actual game itself, Thats why Beckham now plays over there.

And i dislike football so much. It consumes life [Unlike anime; of course :)]

Jayme said:
Yeah, but it seems to be a popular child game, like in Middle School and High School in America, the big game is more about money and popularity than the actual game itself, Thats why Beckham now plays over there.

Are you refering to Football itself or the Mario game?

Save up for it and get one around September, the games right now wouldn't keep you occupied for more than a few weeks, then your Wii will gather up dust. [Like mine]

Also, you know what's not awesome? Nintendo seriously, they ALWAYS delay games until Christmas to boost sales, hate them for that. </3

I wouldn't be put off by people saying there's a lack of games. It did seem like that earlier in the year but at the moment the situation is good. Remember you'd also have the Virtual Console. If you're waiting on first-party titles you'll be waiting a long time as I can't believe Nintendo wouldn't hold back some for Christmas or even early 2008 (most companies act like this!).

I would say you've got nothing to lose by buying one now. Wii's can be found but you may be forced into getting a bundle.

Xelis said:

That's because all of those games bar Mario Party don't have official release dates yet =P

A lot of people don't realise the release dates put up on sites, normally shopping sites, are, 90% of the time, hopeful guesses, and not true at all.

I have a Wii. I don't use it very often, but I know there'll be some good games coming out in time. I bought it almost as an investment.

Espy said:
Xelis said:

That's because all of those games bar Mario Party don't have official release dates yet =P

A lot of people don't realise the release dates put up on sites, normally shopping sites, are, 90% of the time, hopeful guesses, and not true at all.

I have a Wii. I don't use it very often, but I know there'll be some good games coming out in time. I bought it almost as an investment.

But that is the general estimate when all the big games are coming out, late 07.

Estimate, exactly. But no-one really knows how much of the game is developed aside from the publisher, and when they don't say anything to the public about such details, they are nothing more than guesses.

It just annoys me when people post fake releases. I remember when Amazon were selling the PS2 game Final Fantasy XII: Advent Children...

Espy said:
Estimate, exactly. But no-one really knows how much of the game is developed aside from the publisher, and when they don't say anything to the public about such details, they are nothing more than guesses.

It just annoys me when people post fake releases. I remember when Amazon were selling the PS2 game Final Fantasy XII: Advent Children...
Well I did say they will most likely be delayed, hinting that they werent exact dates. Nothing to get worked up about, anyway, I think Pomtry has enough views and opinions on this matter.

Xelis said:
Jayme said:

Are you refering to Football itself or the Mario game?

Sorry, I re-read my post, and yes i was talking about Foot of the Ball itself.

None of the consoles except the Xbox 360 is worth buying right now. This is mainly due to the fact that the Playstation 3 and Nintendo Wii don't have many AAA titles on the shelves right now where as the 360 has had ample time to build up a nice line-up of quality games. If you're still more interesting in the Wii, then I would suggest you only buy it now if you want to play Twilight Princess and Super Paper Mario, otherwise wait until the other major titles are released.

Xelis said:
Even Super Paper Mario isn't out in the UK yet.
Right, I've got an import copy so I forgot it wasn't out yet. Aside from the AAA titles that are on the way there are a few very interesting original titles coming for the console too, one of them being a unique-looking RPG. Unfortunately these don't even have any release dates yet so you shouldn't hold your breath for them just yet. Most people make the mistake of buying this great console too early, and thus end up being forced to just play Wii Sports and Twilight Princess.

Nemphtis said:
None of the consoles except the Xbox 360 is worth buying right now. This is mainly due to the fact that the Playstation 3 and Nintendo Wii don't have many AAA titles on the shelves right now where as the 360 has had ample time to build up a nice line-up of quality games. If you're still more interesting in the Wii, then I would suggest you only buy it now if you want to play Twilight Princess and Super Paper Mario, otherwise wait until the other major titles are released.

I agree.
Its a lot like the DS situation in its first year or so.
But chrimbo is definitly the best time to buy a wii.
Some top notch titles coming out.
After that we'll probably see more quality on a more regular basis.
Cant wait to see the wii clean up this christmas with what Im guessing will be nintys finest in quite some time.

And dont forget E3(albeit E3 lite) for some exciting announcements.
Keep the faith.

I'm holding out for good stuff @ E3, but E3 won't be the same, unfortunately.

The 360 probably is the best right now, I'd agree on that, but not for... Gears of War!?

GOW and Lost Planet aren't FPS games. ;)

And you're blatantly ignoring stuff like Viva Pinata, Dead Rising, Crackdown, Kameo, Table Tennis, Forza, N3, Enchanted Arms...etc. etc. etc.

It's like saying all Nintendo has is kid's games.

Which y'know...is wrong.

Back