Wii to buy or not to buy?

I'm guessing that about over 50% of the titles available on the 360 are FPS oriented or just a War actiony game.

No titles really appeal to me on the console atm.

Im glad to say Im not getting a Wii aftr playing on my friends for a couple of hours I quikley got bored of it.

Ive already had a xbox 360, xbox, gamecube, PS1, PS2, Psp, Sega, N64, Gameboy, gameboy colour, Gameboy Advance, DS So on and so on

So I dont think getting a Wii would be a good Idea :lol:

People love making simple accusations about consoles and what 'games they have'. I've seen many people comment on how the Xbox is only good for shooters, how the GameCube was just a kiddy console etc. Companies try their best to cover all genres because this in turn makes them more profit. The reason why Xbox has a reputation with shooters is not because it has too many shooters, it's the fact that it has a good variety of quality shooters. You think the GameCube was considered kiddy because it had no violent games, or because the best games it had to offer were simply less violent than what the casual gamers have grown used to over the years?

Sitting down for a second and looking carefully, the Xbox 360 even has a better RPG line-up, a better racing line-up and of course a better line-up of shooters than the Wii or PS3 at the moment. So to pass of the quick judgement of slapping on a genre level for each console may seem like the easiest thing to do, but it's also the least correct.

Nemphtis said:
People love making simple accusations about consoles and what 'games they have'. I've seen many people comment on how the Xbox is only good for shooters, how the GameCube was just a kiddy console etc. Companies try their best to cover all genres because this in turn makes them more profit. The reason why Xbox has a reputation with shooters is not because it has too many shooters, it's the fact that it has a good variety of quality shooters. You think the GameCube was considered kiddy because it had no violent games, or because the best games it had to offer were simply less violent than what the casual gamers have grown used to over the years?

Sitting down for a second and looking carefully, the Xbox 360 even has a better RPG line-up, a better racing line-up and of course a better line-up of shooters than the Wii or PS3 at the moment. So to pass of the quick judgement of slapping on a genre level for each console may seem like the easiest thing to do, but it's also the least correct.

This is a REALLY intelligent post

Nemphtis said:

Lets not forget that the ps3 and wii couldint really be expected to have a better line-up of any genre than the 360 yet,considering their lifespans.

Outlawstar said:
Nemphtis said:

Lets not forget that the ps3 and wii couldint really be expected to have a better line-up of any genre than the 360 yet,considering their lifespans.

Well, that was my entire point to begin with if you re-check my posts.

Jayme said:
Nemphtis said:

... lol. You know why the 360 has the best everything at the moment? It's been out the longest and it also doesn't excuse them throwing the 360 out straight away while it's not been developed perfectly, if they kept it back another year or so and developed it to perfection you wouldn't hear "my 360 broke =(" so often.

Lupus Inu said:
Jayme said:
Nemphtis said:

... lol. You know why the 360 has the best everything at the moment? It's been out the longest and it also doesn't excuse them throwing the 360 out straight away while it's not been developed perfectly, if they kept it back another year or so and developed it to perfection you wouldn't hear "my 360 broke =(" so often.

My 360 has broken down three times since I've had it, it's very annoying. I wish they did wait a year and release it properly but it seems this isn't even the case. Look at the 360 Elite, I've heard rumours it's breaking down just as often as the originals.

I get the feeling Microsoft wants it to break down simply to charge their customers for the repairs. Still, I can't really laugh at Microsoft's stupid marketing strategy when Sony has the crown in that category. The only company I can even say positive things about in this console war at the moment is Nintendo, they always take silly risks, sometimes the risk becomes a huge failure, yet other times like this the risk boasts huge benefits for them and the industry.

To sum things up in my opinion.

Get an Xbox if you want a variety of games. I'm getting one soon, it looks to have a good future in terms of RPGs. But people who buy the Wii will do so because they know the games will have Nintendo magic. That's something about Nintendo the competitors can't get, no matter how hard they try.

Espy said:
To sum things up in my opinion.

Get an Xbox if you want a variety of games. I'm getting one soon, it looks to have a good future in terms of RPGs. But people who buy the Wii will do so because they know the games will have Nintendo magic. That's something about Nintendo the competitors can't get, no matter how hard they try.

Nintendo Magic. . .

Its exactly how i felt when i went to Busch Gardens, it just didn't have the 'Disney' Magic that the others seem to have. Even the Universal parks have a little left over 'Disney' magic in them.

I say: Nay! Don't buy a Wii, they're not that good. If you're a gamer that isn't infatuated with Nintendo, the gimmick/novelty wears off very, very quickly.

CitizenGeek said:
I say: Nay! Don't buy a Wii, they're not that good. If you're a gamer that isn't infatuated with Nintendo, the gimmick/novelty wears off very, very quickly.

I would dısagree. As someone who vısıts a Nıntendo forum just to make the lıves of the Nıntendo fanboys as mıserable as possıble for my self-entertaınment (sorry Nıntendo fans, I'm just pure evıl) I can personally say that the gımmıck/novelty has not worn off and as long as you know whıch games you want to play you wıll enjoy ıt. Sure, there aren't many tıtles to pıck from but same goes for the PS3 rıght now. The only console asıde from the Nıntendo DS that has a good selectıon ıs of course the 360.

Nemphtis said:
CitizenGeek said:

I would dısagree. As someone who vısıts a Nıntendo forum just to make the lıves of the Nıntendo fanboys as mıserable as possıble for my self-entertaınment (sorry Nıntendo fans, I'm just pure evıl)

Haha, Nintendo fans are perhaps the most irritating thing ever created, so I applaud you for doing this! :lol:

can personally say that the gımmıck/novelty has not worn off and as long as you know whıch games you want to play you wıll enjoy ıt. Sure, there aren't many tıtles to pıck from but same goes for the PS3 rıght now. The only console asıde from the Nıntendo DS that has a good selectıon ıs of course the 360.[/

Hmm, I have to disagree with you there! PSP, by far, has a better line up of games than the DS. And even if you don't agree with that, I still think it's just a little silly to say that of all the consoles out now, only 360 and DS have good games. In fact, that's utterly ridiculous when you consider what the PSP's got going for it.

Nintendo magic? Huh? They seem to have as many sequels as any other console. Plus how many sports has Mario not taken part in!!

CitizenGeek said:
Hmm, I have to disagree with you there! PSP, by far, has a better line up of games than the DS.

Short response: :?

Slightly longer response: I bought a PSP, waited for some good games to come out that weren't slightly upgraded ports, got bored waiting and bought a DS. I haven't used my PSP since. It seems like Sony doesn't care about PSP support right now.

TPAM: Yeah, Mario is a spin-off whore, but you can't deny that the majority of Nintendo games, original or sequels are excellent.

Couldn't they have easily come up with a new character perhaps rather than using Mario over and over again. Even though there is advantages to that, its just I thought Nintendo was an innovative company :roll:

Zen 2nd said:
Couldn't they have easily come up with a new character perhaps rather than using Mario over and over again. Even though there is advantages to that, its just I thought Nintendo was an innovative company :roll:

Its they're main mascot, and has many of fans. Plus they sort of have Sonic The Hedgehog now, even though thats SEGA; Nintendo and SEGA always work well together.

Jayme said:
Its they're main mascot, and has many of fans. Plus they sort of have Sonic The Hedgehog now, even though thats SEGA; Nintendo and SEGA always work well together.

You could say that, but the Sonic games are still made 100% by SEGA, apart from Mario and Sonic.

Back