Where to Legally Watch Anime Online in the UK

Status
Not open for further replies.
More than 60,000 characters... that's impressive work!

I would have watched Seven Deadly Sins on a real streaming service but Netflix's rubbish exclusivity setup delayed it long past a point where I cared. I'm not even angry about it at this point any more, the series is simply dead to me :/

I guess people are more lenient because they aren't even pretending to be a legitimate anime simulcast service. If Animax advertised itself as an uncommunicative delaycast trainwreck to begin with, nobody would have any expectations for them to ruin.

R

Yes, but even if they aren't pretending to be a legitimate anime simulcast service, there's no reason for the delay. Them delaying it to air in one block is annoying but fair, but it started a year ago and the series hasn't even been dubbed. There's no reason why that entire series couldn't have gone live at the beginning of April, when it ended it's run, but they've kept it back for a half a year...

Rui said:
More than 60,000 characters... that's impressive work!

I think the total overall is around 150,000 characters.. Mother of God...

I'm not sure how long I've spent on this entire thread but I like the setup as it is. I've considered doing a similar version for Manga (and also a list of every legal title released (in the same thread) since well.. there are people out there who have no idea that a certain title is available in print) but it's up to the folks on this forum if they want something like that (and it also helps out the manga section).

I don't suppose there is any legal way to stream the '79 Gundam series is there? I know it's a long shot since I imagine that if it was available you'd probably have it listed but I thought it might be worth asking, even if it's just a single episode. I just want to sample before purchasing to see if it's my cup of tea.

IncendiaryLemon said:
I don't suppose there is any legal way to stream the '79 Gundam series is there? I know it's a long shot since I imagine that if it was available you'd probably have it listed but I thought it might be worth asking, even if it's just a single episode. I just want to sample before purchasing to see if it's my cup of tea.

Unfortunately there isn't one. But considering the release is near I wonder if Anime Limited will be allowed to put it up on streaming sites. Imagine Gundam on Netflix, that would be interesting.

As I've said to someone else these are the only Gundam shows available to watch legally:
- Mobile Suit Gundam SEED - GundamInfo
- Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny - GundamInfo
- Gundam Build Fighters - GundamInfo
- Gundam Build Fighters Try - GundamInfo
- Gundam Reconguista in G - Animax & Viewster
- Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans - Crunchyroll & Daisuki
- Mobile Suit Gundam The Origin - Daisuki (Pay to Watch)
- SD Gundam - GundamInfo

I have to admit, it does bother me somewhat that Netflix seem to have picked up exclusive rights to a show and then done nothing with them for quite some time. It's fine if they want the show (not that I'm a fan of exclusivity in general really) but it seems a bit off to keep it from fans/potential fans by preventing a simulcast.

I'm not necessarily overly concerned about watching Seven Deadly Sins, it's just the idea of the situation in general doesn't feel right.

The original Gundam had been available here.. I think it was on Crunchyroll among other places a couple of years ago.
I remember a complicated graphic showing what shows were on what sites and on what dates.

reborn said:
Seven Deadly Sins is now on Netflix and is also dubbed.

What a pleasant surprise to get a dub for this show, not surprising as in I didn't think it would get one but I thought there may be some delay between it going on Netflix and it being dubbed.

So how come that report that seemingly was leaked by Netflix themselves said it wouldn't be dubbed then? When that was released it pissed a lot of people off..

Buzz201 said:
So how come that report that seemingly was leaked by Netflix themselves said it wouldn't be dubbed then? When that was released it pissed a lot of people off..

Either it was a surprise or was in reaction to people being pissed off, i think it may have been the former though.

Mrclt1994 said:
Buzz201 said:

Either it was a surprise or was in reaction to people being pissed off, i think it may have been the former though.

My guess is that "leak" (that to be honest, I'm assuming it wasn't actually a leak and somebody in Netflix told them) wasn't highly accurate, perhaps a surprise or perhaps miscommunication. They probably haven't quickly dubbed it in the 2/3 weeks since that report came out...

No stream for us in the UK for Digimon Adventure Tri - I hate to have to but piracy is now my only option, which is extremely frustrating

Mrclt1994 said:
No stream for us in the UK for Digimon Adventure Tri - I hate to have to but piracy is now my only option, which is extremely frustrating

My solution to all of this is simply using a Chrome Extension to access the show on Crunchyroll. The plus side is that it's still supporting Crunchyroll and the creators while on the other side it's against Terms & conditions.

I've always thought that's BS. If you're paying for a subscription you should be able to use it how you like. I get that it's probably there because of licensing but still.

Crunchyroll's social media team really need to learn how to restrict their Facebook posts so they only appear in relevant territories (like Viewster do) or add a country disclaimer (like Daisuki do). Maybe then half of the comments won't be criticising the fact it's not available in Europe...

Also, worth noting that the fixed UK price means you're actually paying more than Americans for your subscription, even though there are far far less titles and far far less investment in the UK...

(It's only 60 cents (39p) or so, and it's still good value for money, but it's the principle of it that annoys me :p)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back