Where to Buy Anime in the UK (was Anime Online Retailers)

Hi, I used UP1 for the first time. Ordered Fire Force Season 2 part 1 and 2 but they sent me the parts for season 1.

Does anyone know how they deal with returns etc? I hope I dont have to wait for them to receive my incorrect copies before they post them out, wanted to start FFS2 tonight :/
the advice I give,
Phone them, they will help all they can, usually they have to get returns before dispatch but it depends on reasons for return, the amount of times I've had to phone with a mix up isn't very often and they are fixed within a couple of days max.

the advice I give,
Phone them, they will help all they can, usually they have to get returns before dispatch but it depends on reasons for return, the amount of times I've had to phone with a mix up isn't very often and they are fixed within a couple of days max.
Thanks for the reply. Having to wait for them to get my items back feels like you're being punished for their mistake, so I might impress upon them that this isn't a great first experience, to try and get them sooner ha

Warning!

Britain’s worst courier, Hermes has changed its name to Evri.

New name, same damage, same parcels in the bin.

Evri Day huh ? tried to find the DOA beach volly ball mix on Yt of "Is This Love" but lacked out

not sure why hermes would change all of sudden but at least now you wont confuse it with highend fashion ....

anyone else notice that alot of prices changed on UP1 just recently and that pre orders aren't showing discounted prices?

well i mean ah some of us dont have Pounds to spend but rather AUD ... i guess they inflated the pound Price but not the USD price ?
sounds like what is happening, (wrong $, my bad)
Depends on how they convert currencies, if they go direct from US$-AU$ or US$/GB£-AU$.
I'm not aware of how they convert, as the £ is in the toilet (again) you'd think it wouldn't affect but then again them being based in the UK...hmm, don't know, sorry.

I pre-ordered two mvm blu-rays from up1 ages ago:

On Order :
ItemPriceStatus
DVD - (UK) Alice in Borderland Collection (Hyb) Blu-Ray
JULY 2022
Ordered on: 07/04/2022 00:47
Send when Complete
£19.99​
Order Placed
(Discounted Price : £ 11.994)
DVD - (UK) Release the Spyce Collection - Collector's Edition (Hyb) Blu-Ray
JULY 2022
Send when Complete
£39.99​
Order Placed
(Discounted Price : £ 25.9935)

It's the Release the Spyce Collector's i'm wondering about, as on up1 now it's srp is £59.99 - 33% Off - : £40.19.

Will they charge my card the discounted price?

I asked up1, and this was their response: ''Your order will be charged as price listed on web site or Discounted price listed on your account. Unless publisher changes prints, which you will be informed.''

It doesn't seem like a clear answer, can anyone else understand it better?

On Order :
ItemPriceStatus
JULY 2022
Send when Complete
£19.99​
Order Placed
JULY 2022
Send when Complete
£39.99​
Order Placed

It's the Release the Spyce Collector's i'm wondering about, as on up1 now it's srp is £59.99 - 33% Off - : £40.19.

I asked up1, and this was their response: ''Your order will be charged as price listed on web site or Discounted price listed on your account. Unless publisher changes prints, which you will be informed.''

I believe that means you will be charged the cheaper price.

I don't think English is the first language of UP1's email person/people - I've had some emails from them in the past that were really confusing and needed some back and forth before I could work out what they were actually trying to ask me.

They're saying you might be charged the "discounted prices" or you might be charged the price on the website, which is useless - they're two different sets of prices and you want to know which one you'll be charged.

I'd recommend asking them for clarification TBH.

I believe that means you will be charged the cheaper price.
Cheers. That'll be nice if so.

I remember with a previous order they sent emails saying that the price had been a mistake & if I wanted to cancel or continue with new price but I haven't received anything with this one.
I don't think English is the first language of UP1's email person/people - I've had some emails from them in the past that were really confusing and needed some back and forth before I could work out what they were actually trying to ask me.

They're saying you might be charged the "discounted prices" or you might be charged the price on the website, which is useless - they're two different sets of prices and you want to know which one you'll be charged.

I'd recommend asking them for clarification TBH.
Yeah that's exactly how i understood it too. Clear as mud! Quite a funny response really.

Yeah think it's best to get back in touch just to make sure. Thanks.

On Order :
ItemPriceStatus
JULY 2022
Send when Complete
£19.99​
Order Placed
JULY 2022
Send when Complete
£39.99​
Order Placed

As you've ordered both titles for the discounted price, you'll be charged with the discounted price plus postage. I remember a while back I ordered Shield Hero and then they upped the price near its release but thankfully I was paid the discounted price.

In other words, when Spyce ships out from UP1, they'll charge you £25.99 + Postage.

As you've ordered both titles for the discounted price, you'll be charged with the discounted price plus postage. I remember a while back I ordered Shield Hero and then they upped the price near its release but thankfully I was paid the discounted price.

In other words, when Spyce ships out from UP1, they'll charge you £25.99 + Postage.
Cheers for that. I remember with a previous order in the past they sent an email that the price had been a mistake & if I wanted to cancel or continue with the new price but I haven't received anything with this one, so the signs do seem positive.

Apologies if this is the wrong thread for this.

Received an email today from UP1 saying that they will no longer be stocking Australian DVD/Blu-rays.

We are sorry to inform you United Publications no longer stocking Australian DVD/Blu-Ray.
This is due to reduced interest Australian titles and increase shipping costs.

All outstanding orders will be cancelled.

We are sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused.

Had a sudden thought about Rightstuf removing all the Adult stuff from their shop and checked what United Publications are selling. Looks like they definately get their stock via Rightstuf in some way or another as all the Adult BD/DvD are gone. Can't say I was rushing to pick anything up, but annoying the option is now gone for those that were.

Back