Where to Buy Anime in the UK (was Anime Online Retailers)

Anyone had any updates from RightStuf regarding their orders? Mine has just been sitting for almost a month now, no tax or anything has been added. Understandbly the process is probably taking some time but complete radio silence is a little frustrating.

Well: You should check which of your items are currently OOS and set up E-Mail-Notifications for these. RS does no partial shipments for international customers.

Well: You should check which of your items are currently OOS and set up E-Mail-Notifications for these. RS does no partial shipments for international customers.
That's not the question at hand. Mine was in regards to the new VAT laws and RSA having to add tax to any existing orders that weren't able to ship out before January 1st.

That's not the question at hand. Mine was in regards to the new VAT laws and RSA having to add tax to any existing orders that weren't able to ship out before January 1st.
I am in the same situation, I've not heard anything from Rightstuf regarding adding VAT and duty. And I sent them a message via the contact form last Thursday and haven't heard back.

Does anyone know if you are able to import stuff from sites that have yet to update themselves to the new UK VAT rules? Will it just get processed the old way or will it not make it through customs if the seller hasn't already took the VAT?

I guess there'll be a grace period to get as many people to switch over to a tax system for UK addresses, probably until the beginning of the new tax year in April. I know eBay will make including VAT as part of the price on the UK site mandatory come March.

I've quickly looked on Madman's website. On accounts when you add your address, United Kingdom is still listed. I tested out whether Madman charged VAT prior to shipping to UK addresses by adding 2 items on sale to basket, and it appears that the price of the VAT isn't listed, possibly meaning that they're either not charging VAT on order or they're not shipping to the UK, but forgot to remove them from the list of countries.

Either way, I'm not taking chances at this time, so I didn't get the items in the basket in the end.

Amazon say they've considered some Blu Rays I bought as undeliverable and said I would be refunded. Only to have them deliver said Blu Rays this evening despite buying them from Anime On Line to make it up and Amazon themselves saying I had to redo my orders from them on their website!

I've double-checked the Madman website, now that I know that some overseas companies still ship to the UK, but don't charge for VAT upfront. Looking at the list of countries when adding addresses, the UK is still listed. However some countries are not listed, such as Argentina, the Netherlands and the Republic of Ireland to name a few. And in the FAQs, it states that if a country is not listed, then they do not ship to that country, basically confirming that Madman still ships to the UK, but they don't charge for VAT upfront.

Wandered in to a CEX today, just out of curiosity, The shelves were full of Blu-rays, and even though, or maybe because they just dump everything in alphabetical order, there was loads of anime to be had.

Then I saw the prices! It's what I would pay for a new item on a pre-release discount, or a sale. They want that for second hand goods! They must be dreaming.

Hi, I used UP1 for the first time. Ordered Fire Force Season 2 part 1 and 2 but they sent me the parts for season 1.

Does anyone know how they deal with returns etc? I hope I dont have to wait for them to receive my incorrect copies before they post them out, wanted to start FFS2 tonight :/

Back