Where to Buy Anime in the UK (was Anime Online Retailers)

Re: Anime Online Retailers

Yes they are. I've had no problems with them, my items are always dispatched within 24 hours and received within 3 working days.

Good, as far as I can see they're the cheapest UK retailer. Just going to being anime collecting and I think it's going to be a mix of base and amazon uk

I need to experiment with Base again as last time I tried I had difficulties using my card due to the verification system not loading correctly, but maybe they've fixed that since then.

Anywhere decent to buy from Australia to the UK? I want to picked up the original Gundam series. See it for around £35 new on eBay shipped from AUS but don't want to risk customs.
Worse case scenario I will wait until spring and get the rightstuf release.

Thanks!

Castlevania said:
Anywhere decent to buy from Australia to the UK? I want to picked up the original Gundam series. See it for around £35 new on eBay shipped from AUS but don't want to risk customs.
Worse case scenario I will wait until spring and get the rightstuf release.

Thanks!

I've never had a problem with Madman.com.au. $64.00 for the set delivered (if its the right one I'm looking at) so yeah around £35.

Link: http://www.madman.com.au/actions/catalo ... ethod=view

Has anyone imported the Legend of Korra blu rays from anywhere? Really want to get it on blu-ray but I've honestly never bothered importing anything before. Would I be fine enough just ordering them on amazon US?

Cel said:
Has anyone imported the Legend of Korra blu rays from anywhere? Really want to get it on blu-ray but I've honestly never bothered importing anything before. Would I be fine enough just ordering them on amazon US?
I haven't imported them personally, but I know UP1/UP1USA sell them.

Cel said:

I bought them from Amazon USA. They're still in my backlog but I'm looking forward to getting to them soon ^^;

R

Re: Where To Buy Anime In The UK (was Anime Online Retailers

I should warn anyone who uses UP and does so through the firefox browser not to upgrade to the latest version as it'll leave you unable to access the site (since the whole site is on a secure connection, you can't access anything) until they fix the issue (that is if they even bother).

Edit: Also the account section of UP1USA is affected as well so it's a double warning since you won't be abler to order from there.

demonix said:
I should warn anyone who uses UP and does so through the firefox browser not to upgrade to the latest version as it'll leave you unable to access the site (since the whole site is on a secure connection, you can't access anything) until they fix the issue (that is if they even bother).

Edit: Also the account section of UP1USA is affected as well so it's a double warning since you won't be abler to order from there.

I have just dropped them a email pointing this out and they claim that they are in the middle of upgrading their web-server to fix this issue and it should be fixed by Friday.

KevinB said:
demonix said:

I have just dropped them a email pointing this out and they claim that they are in the middle of upgrading their web-server to fix this issue and it should be fixed by Friday.
I got a variant of that a little while ago after they said that none of their secure traffic is sent by SSLv3 (which is no longer secure) when I originally informed them of the problem, but even though I sent them a screenshot when I was using google chrome stating that the site was sending information using SSLv3 they are completely adamant that it doesn't.

They have at least taken all bar the account and ordering part of the site off https.

Personally I wouldn't recommend Zavvi at all. Only used them once but it was for a pack of Naruto trading cards and it took over a month after dispatch for them to finally turn up.

Zavvi have some good deals but they tend to be slow and don't package things brilliantly. If you don't mind waiting and it's a good price, it can be worthwhile.

R

Re: Where to Buy Anime in the UK (was Anime Online Retailers

UP have fixed the issues that firefox and opera users have had accessing the secure sections of the site, so requiring the use of google chrome to access account information and placing orders is no longer required.

When logging into either my UP1 or UP1 (USA) account I keep getting a warning message at the top of the page saying that I'm accessing my account through a unsecured connection.

Is anyone else getting this message? or is it just me?

Titan said:
When logging into either my UP1 or UP1 (USA) account I keep getting a warning message at the top of the page saying that I'm accessing my account through a unsecured connection.

Getting it too. Looks like a bug from the upgrade (in the display), as the url is still https.

Just Passing Through said:
Titan said:

Getting it too. Looks like a bug from the upgrade (in the display), as the url is still https.

Sent them an e-mail, looks to be a glitch in the Matrix. Their web admin guy is on it.

Back