where series/movies/OVAs/shorts go in order

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slayers is:

Slayers
Slayers Next
Slayers Try
Slayers Revolution
Slayers Evolution-R (this is actually part 2 of Slayers Revolution)

There's one movie, Slayers Premium, which you can watch any time after Slayers Next. It doesn't perfectly fit anywhere in the continuity but is just a silly side story.

Completely separately, there are the rest of the Slayers movies and OAVs. These are prequels and the order isn't terribly important. They came out during and after the TV airing but are all side stories with no knowledge of the TV series necessary.

Slayers Perfect (Slayers The Motion Picture)
Slayers Return
Slayers Great
Slayers Gorgeous

Slayers Special
Slayers Excellent

I'd recommend watching them after starting the TV series, or at least being familiar with the premise and Lina/Gourry, but there's no problem with watching the specials and movies listed above out of order.

R

queens blade Wandering Warrior / exiled virgin
queens blade inheritor of the throne / evil eye
queens blade beautiful warriors / Beautiful Fighters
queens blade OVA specials 2 of them * there work out episodes *
queens blade rebellion

there are special specials with the dvds but they dont have any connections to the story

one day they will be all mine

ayase said:
Yeah, it's like Wikipedia but harder to search and more wrong.
But by Jove it is British! And its dearth of punctuation and capitalisation we shall endure duly and with immutable pride.

full metal panic
full metal panic Fumoffu
Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid episode 000
Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid series
Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid OVA

XXXHolic ( Season 1 - 24 eps)
XXXHolic Kei (Season 2 - 13 eps)
XXXHolic Shunmuki (OVA - 2 eps)
XXXHolic Rou - (OVA - 1 ep)
XXXHolic Rou Adayume (OVA - 1 ep)

Not in the timeline: XXXHolic Movie A Midsummer Night's Dream.

GolGotha said:
Can anyone help me with Dirty Pair?
In terms of production order, as follows:
Original TV series (the final two episodes of which were originally released as OVAs)
Affair of Nolandia
Project Eden
OVAs
Flight 005 Conspiracy

However, Dirty Pair is very much an episodic show which is not big on continuity. I watched the OVAs and films before the TV series and my enjoyment wasn't hindered in the least. Then there's Flash, but that's its own thing and isn't tied to the rest of the series (or really worth bothering with, IMHO). Enjoy, whatever order you decide to watch in. Dirty Pair is great fun, and sadly often overlooked these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back