where series/movies/OVAs/shorts go in order

Status
Not open for further replies.

Animefreak17

Godhand
everyone always ask this question when they buy a movie or OVA to a series - e.g.
where does naruto movie 1 take place
where does burst angel OVA take place
where does the bleach movies take place

and i know that most movies are filler and dont matter but let say for e.g. lets say your watching naruto and your in the garra ark naruto vs garra and you half way watching it and you buy the 1st movie and your watching the movie and you see naruto use the resengan, and you think wait since when could naruto use that.
understand its important to know where the movie come in other wise or another e.g. the dragonball movies lets say your watching the dragon ball z movie coolers revenge and your watching the namekin saga and you haven't got to the battle between goku and frieza, your going to get spoils

well this thread gives you those answers
starting with

cowboy bepbop movie - It comes betwee episode 22 and 23
burst angel OVAs - before the series begins
R.O.D OVA - starts before the series
il make more

WARNING

the bardock special goes right after the frieza saga * for people new to the series *
the trunks special does right after the cell games * for people new to the series *

i put them in this order because im a old fan of the series and know what to expect but for those of you who are new to it follow what iv written above

dragon ball z movies
i know these dont go well with in the series but il keep them close to the series

barbock son of goku - before dragon ball

dead zone - before the series begins

worlds strongest - after the battle with vageta

the tree of might - when goku first arrives on namek

lord slug - during the battle when picollo is fighting frieza

coolers revenge - during the 3 years goku and the others are training for the andriods

trucks special - after the garlic jr sage

metal coolers - during the 10 days cell gave goku to train and after denda was brought to earth

super andriod 13 - during the 10 days of training after the metal cooler movie and before the broly movie

broly the legendary super saiyin - during the 10 days of training before the cell games and after the metal cooler movie and super andriod 13 movie
Plan to Eradicate the Saiyans - before the cell games

bojack unbound - after the cell games and before the other world tournament sage

broly second coming - while gohan is training videl before the tournament ( i bet he is lol)

bio brolly - after the tournament

fusion reborn - when gotenks turns super sayin first time

wrath of the dragon - after the kid buu saga before the GT

goku and friends are back ( incredible title lol) - after wrath of the dragon

dragonball z battle of gods - after goku and friends are back

naruto movies

find the red clover OVA - before episode 20

naruto protect the water fall village - after episode 101

naruto ninja clash in the land of snow - after naruto protect the water fall village

naruto legend of the stone of gelel - after episode 160

naruto guardians of the crescent moon kingdom - after episode 196

naruto shippuden movie - after episode 32 ( shippuden series)

naruto shippuden movie bonds - after the episode (72 shippuden series )

naruto shippuden movie inherentor of fire after the episode (88 shippuden series)

il continue this once i found out where they come in

1 .Hack//SIGN (TV) is a prequel to hack//Liminality ? it is 26 episodes+ 3 bonus episodes Bonus episode

1 - "Intermezzo (OVA)" Bonus episode
2 - "Unison (OVA)" Bonus episode
3 - ?Gift (OVA)"

4 - .hack//Liminality is the OVA series directly related to the games. Liminality was separated into four volumes; each volume was released with its corresponding game. The initial episode is 45 minutes long, while subsequent episodes are 30 minutes long.

5 - .hack//Legend of the Twilight Bracelet is also known as .hack//UdeDen or .hack//DUSK is a 3 volume manga and a 12 episodes anime. The series is set four years after the events of .hack//Quarantine, (the game). Also it is a sequel of .Hack//SIGN (TV)

6 - .hack//Roots is the anime of the GU Games, being a prequel to them, as SIGN was to the Games.

7 - .hack//G.U Trilogy is a sequel to .hack//Roots, and is the animation for the

8 - .Hack//G.U. Returner is a sequel to the hack//G.U. Games

try not to write anything this is a thread to help out with where movies and OVAs go in series ask me on animefreak17 thread what movies go where and il put them on here

"Evangelion 1.11 & 2.22 - i think are retellings so watch the original series first (im not 100% sure but i haven't seen it yet)

the End of Evangelion - (eps 25' and 26') is instead of eps 25 and 26

Evangelion Death is before Rebirth - Rebirth is half of 25', they're mostly a retelling of the original series.

Eureka 7 movie - is a alternate retelling so watch it after watching the series.

Escaflowne movie - is a alternate retelling watch it after the series

RahXephon movie - (not worth watching) retelling of the story watch series first

blue gender movie - (not worth watching) but retelling of the story watch series first

gunslinger girls OVAs - watch after the series

X OVA movie - depends if you want the story or want it to make more sense if you want story go for the series first

@Sparrowsabre7, Lawrence, mangaman74, Reaper gI Maxon

i think this threads a good idea we can keep files on what gose where in series, (so please RUI please dont put this in the animefreak17 thread please *puppy dog eyes*)
i think i would be easier to have a thread like this
1 instead of looking on the web and risking spotting spoils you can have a look here
2 its a thread idea i think can work

altho im dreading doing the *gundam series* there are so many series, ovas and movies to place where they go. i know you can watch any of the series cause some of them aren't connected but if i was to watch all of the gundam series i would watch them in how old they are

animefreak17 said:
"Evangelion death and rebirth - comes after the series

"Evangelion the end of Evangelion - comes in after Evangelion death and rebirth
End of Eva (eps 25' and 26') is instead of eps 25 and 26
Death is before Rebirth and Rebirth is half of 25', they're mostly a retelling of the original series.

Reaper gI said:
animefreak17 said:
"Evangelion death and rebirth - comes after the series

"Evangelion the end of Evangelion - comes in after Evangelion death and rebirth
End of Eva (eps 25' and 26') is instead of eps 25 and 26
Death is before Rebirth and Rebirth is half of 25', they're mostly a retelling of the original series.

i know the last two episodes of the series were flops but there sadly still part of the series but yeah your orders better

animefreak17 said:
altho im dreading doing the *gundam series* there are so many series, ovas and movies to place where they go. i know you can watch any of the series cause some of them aren't connected but if i was to watch all of the gundam series i would watch them in how old they are
That ones actually easy-ish as most movies are after or between series.
The chart for them
http://anidb.net/pics/graph/a-715.png (not doing as image beyond huge)

ghost in the shell series and movies - i watch them like this in order-

first gig series - before second gig

first gig movie - before second gig ( if you want to get straight to the point)

second gig series - after first gig

second gig movie - after first gig ( if you want to get straight to the point )

ghost in the shell movie - after second gig

ghost in the shell innocence - after ghost in the shell movie

Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C. Solid State Society - after ghost in the shell innocence

FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST / BROTHERHOOD

i had trouble with these 2 series cause you can watch either of them first cause there not connected in story but if i had to choose which one to watch first it would be the 2003 version

FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST series 2003 - first

FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST movie - after the series

FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST OVAs - after movie

FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST BROTHER HOOD - after OVAs

i hear there a new FMA movie coming out il let you know where it gose as soon as i know

Okay, I was happy to let you list this stuff to your heart's content, but you're actually giving out inaccurate information now.

Brotherhood is a different continuity to the original FMA series and movie so doesn't come "after" anything. The same goes for the two Oshii GitS movies in relation to SAC. They're both different continuities on completely separate time-lines. Much like Patlabor, which I'll use to actually contribute to the thread:

Patlabor Continuity 1: Patlabor OVAs > Patlabor the Movie > Patlabor 2

Patlabor Continuity 2: Patlabor on TV > Patlabor the New Files OVAs

And the gits movies 1 & 2 are just condensed 'complex' minus the 'stand alone' story threads, They don't really occur after they just replace if you skip watching the series as a whole. The same with the two Death Note animated films.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back