Where is sport topic?

sean morrison said:
I love sports mainly football, I'm a celtic supporter, have a season ticket and I play 5 a side every week but to be honest if I wanted to talk about sports I would do it with my friends and family. As I come on here for anime related discussions or information.
^^ Pretty much this. I spend a lot of time discussing sports at home and at work, but no time discussing anime, so I come here for that. If something gets mentioned in the general chit-chat thread or something though, I would reply.

Also, Mutsumi in "lashing out at something he doesn't understand" shocker.

ilmaestro said:
sean morrison said:
I love sports mainly football, I'm a celtic supporter, have a season ticket and I play 5 a side every week but to be honest if I wanted to talk about sports I would do it with my friends and family. As I come on here for anime related discussions or information.
^^ Pretty much this. I spend a lot of time discussing sports at home and at work, but no time discussing anime, so I come here for that. If something gets mentioned in the general chit-chat thread or something though, I would reply.

Also, Mutsumi in "lashing out at something he doesn't understand" shocker.

When did I lash out? Do you disagree with my comment that many football players act like thugs? Perhaps when I said there would be nothing interesting to be said, I should have phrased it differently and said there was nothing to be said that would be of interest to the majority of posters here. Would that be better?

That would make a lot more sense, yes, but is less a different choice of phrasing and more a completely different thing to say entirely.

90% of us here are spambots so..........

out of the 10%% who aren't and active i think atleast 80% like some sport

i'm partial to a bit of football, F1, Tennis and NFL (Tamper bay :D)

ok i said i didn't like watching sports, however i do like to play
badminton, bowling, snooker and i do go running every night. i dont like watching football, rugby, cricket.

Rui said:
Next you'll be telling me real tennis doesn't have special signature instant win attacks...

R

Well, depends if your playing Wii tennis or not lol trick shot - instant points!

For the record, i grew up more in line with my family's views on pass times, being interested in the armed forces and growing up to follow in the footsteps of forefathers and serve in the forces for queen and country.

So football was never an interest for me, though i "support" Man Utd because my family are from there and surrounding areas so it was between them and leeds tbh, i picked the better looking team (fan of red!)

In the recent years though i spend most wekends round the gf's house and end up watching liverpool play (they are liverpool fans) so tbh i just like watching any team play a game and if one of my teams are playing then i'll be pleased to see them win but not really bothered eitherway.

I'm part of the 10% who aren't fat bearded men after anime skirt lol

I like football (though I won't disclose which team I support as they have, of late, been subject to much lolworthy happenings) and cricket (Essex & England) but there doesn't seem to be many sports fans in these parts so I discuss them elsewhere.

animefreak17 said:
i think 90% of us regulars on here have no interest in sports.

im not being mean or nothing but your grammar needs work and try not creating new threads cause there might be a thread that your looking for on the previous pages you just need to look.

your just like me when i started on here

we're all geeks and *otaku* here

You're giving advice on creating new threads and grammer? :eek:

Also speak for yourself with regards interest in sports. I like watching cricket and football when I have time as well as snooker.

Rui said:
Does being judged by a bunch of anime geeks really hurt people? :O

You're right though Mutsumi, I remember Hawthorns has some kind of sporting insignia for an avatar. We seem to have an unusually high proportion of sports fans here, though they don't usually talk about it on the board.

R

Bit of a clue in the forum name, Rui. West Bromwich Albion play at the Hawthorns ground.

mangaman74 said:
Bit of a clue in the forum name, Rui. West Bromwich Albion play at the Hawthorns ground.

Oho, I think I just learned something which will serve me well in a pub quiz many years from now (or it would if I went to pubs).

I'm pleasantly surprised to see so many secret sports fans coming out in this thread. Maybe it's more rare to have no interest in sports at all here, despite the stereotypical image anime fans have...

R

I would discuss sports here but I can only name a few people from here off the top of my head that would discuss football with me, and I'm willing to bet I'm the only person that wants NFL discussion.

Well I like F1, so I guess we all like a little bit of sport. I just dislike sports people who behave like idiots (like some footballers do), and I dislike the almost tribal obsession some fans have for a team, to the point of referring to their team as 'we' or 'us' and becoming so emotionally involved in it that one would cry at a loss or be ecstatic at a win, and regard supporters of certain other teams as if they were enemies (like many obsessive football fans do). It just makes no sense. Anyone feel they can explain it logically?

Mutsumi said:
Anyone feel they can explain it logically?
Sport is basically a replacement for tribal warfare in contemporary culture. People with high levels of testosterone need an outlet for it, and competitive sport is about the only legal way of doing that now that they can't rape and pillage.

Just so you know, my intention is to be matter of fact not anti-sport. I'm not a big fan it's true, but more because I think it's a poor replacement for actual violence, given that there's no risk involved to the competitors. Bring back gladiatorial combat and I might be interested.

Shuuya said:
Mutsumi said:
I just dislike sports people who behave like idiots (like some footballers do),
It's unfair that you single out footballers. Rugby players are just as bad, if not worse.

I don't hear about rugby players doing it though, but footballers acting like thugs gets more coverage. I'm sure all sports have their poorly behaved thugs, but football seems to have more and worse. I wonder if it is just football in the UK that has it this bad?

ayase said:
Mutsumi said:
Anyone feel they can explain it logically?
Sport is basically a replacement for tribal warfare in contemporary culture. People with high levels of testosterone need an outlet for it, and competitive sport is about the only legal way of doing that now that they can't rape and pillage.

Just so you know, my intention is to be matter of fact not anti-sport. I'm not a big fan it's true, but more because I think it's a poor replacement for actual violence, given that there's no risk involved to the competitors. Bring back gladiatorial combat and I might be interested.
hickie-blood.jpeg

Yeah. Totally soft.

Back