What you guys doing right now.

Just finished showing the next-door neighbor couple two more episodes of "Battlestar Galactica," the SciFi Channel's intense-drama remake series from 2004-2009, in my home projection theater this evening. We've been doing a marathon viewing of the series on Blu-ray for about the last two months; they'll come over to watch 1-3 episodes in an evening, so we've been burning through the series - we just finished off the last episode of Season 4.0 and the first episode of Season 4.5 tonight, so we only have about 10 episodes to go until we finish the entire 76-episode series.

My neighbors have been coming over regularly to watch anime in my theater multiple evenings a week for the last two years - I have them hooked on anime almost as much as I am - but we decided to take a short break from anime to specifically watch Battlestar Galactica, since they had told me they've never seen it. They had watched Space Battleship Yamato 2199 in my theater earlier in the year, and really loved that anime series, so I told them that BSG is pretty much a live-action version of 2199 - but about 10 times as intense! They are so into the BSG series now that they drop in almost every evening around 9:30; it's a really nice way to wind down and end my evenings, with friends and a good show up on the big screen!

Ready to watch more EVA with some popcorn chicken on standby... how does gendo eat popcorn chicken? Does someone just, drop it into his tented hands and he does the rest or does he use those things like mandibles?

Watching The Cure at Glastonbury (on BBC iPlayer, sadly not in person). Have been a wee bit worried for Bob’s voice on occasion these last few years, but man is he knocking it out of the park tonight. Fantastic. Time for a new album, guys?

Same. Been pretty good, but haven't recognised any of them till now with Inbetween Days.
I know (and will know, unless by some miracle they play something brand new) every single thing they can possibly play, even obscure B-sides :p

Loving it but feeling a bit bummed out I'm not there. If a new album does materialise hopefully they'll tour, one of the bands I love the most that I've still never seen live.

I know (and will know, unless by some miracle they play something brand new) every single thing they can possibly play, even obscure B-sides :p
Don't think there's any artist (that have a relatively large discography) that I could claim that about. Levellers and Queen are probably the closest.

What a setlist. Would have liked to have seen them play Fight though, it would have fit quite nicely with the other choices. In the mood for live music now, so I'm catching up with the Killers set from last night that I missed, if there was ever a year I should have been at Glastonbury this was it. Too late now, dammit.

Pretty good so far, a bit too much Hot Fuss not enough Sam's Town for my tastes. Also is Brandon Flowers sucking the youth out of the other members of the band with his Mormon powers? Grow a beard again Brandon, you're weirding me out.

I’ve watched bits and pieces of their performance, they’re still quite a powerhouse live, one of those groups that adjusted well to their increasing age. Seeing Last Dance performed was quite the highlight.

Catching up on online stuff since been busy the last few days and not gotten near a PC since last week.

Last night off before night shifts, wondering what out of my collection to watch tonight

I think we should...
s1CXwB2.gif

... see wha wins out in the forums

If you really want to make a suggestion, preferably a film, quote in gencov and I'll see if I have it. I'll be watching something probably by half 9

My next door neighbors were over tonight to completely finish up the Battlestar Galactica 2004-2009 SyFy Channel Re-make series tonight, we finished-off the three part finale for the final season 4.5. I think we completed the entire series at a very impressive clip - we started watching the Pilot on April 30th, so it took us just 67 days to finish 75 hour-long TV episodes on Blu-ray - a little over 2 months! I think it was a very respectable effort, especially with getting the neighbors to come over so many evenings to go through the entire series in that short of a time. I guess it helped that they were totally into the series right from the Pilot episode, so they actually wanted to come over so often - sometimes 3 or 4 nights in a row, to watch two or three episodes in a sitting - because they simply couldn't get enough of it. And tonight after it was over they just looked stunned, and shook their heads and said "wow, what a series!"

We actually did not watch Razor or The Plan yet, so we'll have to get through those two movies sometime in the near future, but the series itself is done!

Now we'll most likely be going back to watching anime; I think we're planning to watch Fullmetal Achemist and FMA:Brotherhood back-to-back as our next major series to tackle.

Last edited:
Back