What was your first manga?

Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle volume 1, and now 28 volumes, 2 character guides and 2 artbooks later....well...safe to say its a firm favourite of mine! Much love for CLAMP for introducing me to the world of manga.

One of the old Tokypop sampler volumes that came free with Yu-Gi-Oh magazine (the one that was published by the same guys that publish NEO).

I was into Japanese movies before i was into of anime so i think the first manga i bought was Battle Royale vol1. I really liked that movie when i was teenager so i wanted the manga too (though because the manga volumes weren't exactly cheap i never completed the series)

My first manga could have also been Hellsing vol1 but i'm pretty sure i bought Battle Royale before it.

Fullmetal Alchemist. I only bought 6 volumes though. The first one I finished was JoJo Part 1. I'm up to Part 3 but I've only got 2 Volumes so far. I'll probably start reading it more frequently when the Anime finishes in the summer.

Think my first full manga was probably, Yu-Gi-Oh, Rozen Maiden or Evangelion.

Although if anyone remembers those old Tokyopop sampler volumes you used to get for free, it might have been one of those.

The Shop didn't have volume 1 - 4 and Volume 6 had all the Dodoria stuff so I went with that one over volume 5 which I got a week later. I was watching the anime on cartoon network so getting the books in the right order wasn't that big a deal for me.

This really got me thinking. I assume it was some volume of Dragonball, but I also have this weird feeling it might have been some part of Gunsmith Cats.

First manga I read was odd mid volumes of manga due library I went to did not have big selection but this one was volume one of .//hack legend of twilight bracelet. Then it became first manga I bought and completed.

Morcombe said:
Dragon Ball Z Volume 6 was my very first manga volume

That was my first manga too! :eek: For the same reason, the local comic book shop had a random set of volumes and I picked volume 6 because it featured Gohan losing it with Dodoria over Dende. I got £10 after my sister and I reluctantly agreed to clean our Grandparents' greenhouse.

While the very first manga that I read was a random chapter of No Need For Tenchi, the first that I properly cared for and collected was
Pokémon Adventures (starting with chapter 1 of the original saga). Back then they weren't releasing the series in bound volumes, instead opting for individual chapters per issue. Couldn't get enough of it then and still love it now.

My first manga was King's Game Origin on Crunchyroll . I only read the first few pages because I found it wasn't making any sense , a few months later I found out that I was reading in the wrong direction .

Back