What manga are you reading now?

Reincarnated As The Last Of My Kind vol 3
LN audiobook
Slightly darker tone now as Tina learns who she is and the job she must undertake but still a great listen. Also a slightly different format with the book ending on an extended flashback from a side characters point of view with a new narrator for that character.

Spider-Gwen Omnibus
This was an excellent collection. Over 1200 pages of marvel collected to tell the first major storyline of the Spider Gwen story. It was very good and as Gwen is from another earth of the multiverse was very fun to see new spins on old characters. For instance Matt Murdock isn't the hero Daredevil, he's the Kingpins lawyer! Also all the relevant crossover chapters with other series are present so you get the complete story.

@Gemsy-chan: Oh, that doesn't look right at all - how disappointing! My physical copy looks like the normal one you've posted below the first image. Will you be able to exchange the faulty copy? (I do hope so.)
Don't think I will be as I got it from Rightstuf, so the cost to replace one book won't be worth it. I'll see if I can get a refund on it though.

@Gemsy-chan I read a physical copy as well and mine also isn’t washed out, so looks like you’ve gotten really unlucky there! I hope they’ll refund it without too much hassle :/

@Gemsy-chan: Seconding what @Demelza said and hoping you can get that refund and purchase another copy elsewhere! (Also, Yen Press need to know if there are badly printed copies Out There, so hopefully Rightstuf will tell them.) Volume 2 is supposed to be released at the end of August (an unusual release schedule for Yen Press!) so here's hoping they aren't affected too.

@Gemsy-chan: Seconding what @Demelza said and hoping you can get that refund and purchase another copy elsewhere! (Also, Yen Press need to know if there are badly printed copies Out There, so hopefully Rightstuf will tell them.) Volume 2 is supposed to be released at the end of August (an unusual release schedule for Yen Press!) so here's hoping they aren't affected too.
I've tweeted Yen Press with the pictures, hopefully I'll get a reply.

At least I could read it but not ideal. Shame really as I really like it and will definitely be getting the next volume.

I've tweeted Yen Press with the pictures, hopefully I'll get a reply.

At least I could read it but not ideal. Shame really as I really like it and will definitely be getting the next volume.
That's a good idea to let Yen know. And it is a very attractive title - with lots more to come, it seems! (I've just found @irodori_kazuki the mangaka on Twitter!)

Reign of the Seven Spellblades volume 5 (LN) - Review to follow

The Duke of Death and His Maid volume 2 - Another cute volume!

Sensei's Pious Lie volume 3 (omnibus) - Meanwhile this one was another difficult-to-stomach volume.

Such a Treacherous Piano Sonata volume 3 (complete) - Remained rather forgettable to the end, which is a shame.

Seirei Gensouki: Spirit Chronicles volume 20 (LN) - The cliffhanger of this one is brutal! Hoping J-Novel Club will start volume 21 soon.

We're New At This volume 1 - Picked up cheap in the Kodansha sale, a reasonably sweet read for what it is.

Shonen Note: Boy Soprano volume 1 (JP) - I don't recall if this is actually out yet in English (I know Kodansha have it licensed), I'd already bought my Japanese copies before it got picked up. Loved the artwork in this one, the mangaka is extremely talented.

Seraph of the End: Guren Ichinose, Resurrection at Ninteen volume 1 (LN) - Well I made a mistake reading this one before Catastrophe at Sixteen. 😂 I knew the plot more or less anyway from reading the Seraph manga, but it completely slipped my mind that there were two LN series. I'll make sure to swap back to Sixteen before reading volume 2...

Shonen Note: Boy Soprano volume 1 (JP) - I don't recall if this is actually out yet in English (I know Kodansha have it licensed), I'd already bought my Japanese copies before it got picked up. Loved the artwork in this one, the mangaka is extremely talented.
@Demelza: It was due out in September from Kodansha (Amazon thinks it's on the 13th ) but ominously it's disappeared from Kodansha's on-line planning list, although Amazon have a cover image for Volume 2 (November) and a date for Volume3... 😕
Volume 8 recently came out in France but (sob) my pre-order was cancelled so I have to order it again.

And you've done better than I have with Sensei's Pious Lie - #2 is still sitting beside me in the to be reviewed pile, staring accusingly at me! 😒

Glad to see, though, that The Duke of Death and His Maid is an enjoyable read - how do you feel it compares to the anime version? :)

@Demelza: It was due out in September from Kodansha (Amazon thinks it's on the 13th ) but ominously it's disappeared from Kodansha's on-line planning list, although Amazon have a cover image for Volume 2 (November) and a date for Volume3... 😕
Volume 8 recently came out in France but (sob) my pre-order was cancelled so I have to order it again.
Ah, I did wonder why I had yet to see any buzz about it. Fingers crossed it reappears for September or at least sometime this year. Sounds like we'll both have finished it in one language or another before that, though...

And you've done better than I have with Sensei's Pious Lie - #2 is still sitting beside me in the to be reviewed pile, staring accusingly at me! 😒
Yeah, I think the fact it's omnibuses so I have read so much has locked me into feeling like I must continue on, for better or worse (and probably worse the way things have been going with it). I just do not see a satisfying conclusion for basically anyone. 😅

Glad to see, though, that The Duke of Death and His Maid is an enjoyable read - how do you feel it compares to the anime version? :)
More or less the same truthfully! I think the art is really nice and depicts the cast and their daily antics just as well as the anime adaptation did (in some ways better since I wasn't a huge fan of the CG style in the anime) and that makes me excited to reach content that we haven't seen animated yet. It's certainly a charming series no matter what format it's in. :)

More or less the same truthfully! I think the art is really nice and depicts the cast and their daily antics just as well as the anime adaptation did (in some ways better since I wasn't a huge fan of the CG style in the anime) and that makes me excited to reach content that we haven't seen animated yet. It's certainly a charming series no matter what format it's in.
That's good to know - I admit I'm also not a fan of the CG style in the anime which seemed to me to create quite a distance between viewer and characters (and they're for the most part very sympathetic characters!). Maybe I should give this a try - because, as you say, it is a cute story! :)

vol 8 of Moriarty the Patriot
vol 1 of The Other World's Books Depend on the Bean Counter
vol 4 of Black or White
vol 10 of Dont Be Cruel...i just want Nemu & Maya to live happily ever after
vols 1 & 2 of Birds of Shangri-la

Formerly, the Fallen Daughter of the Duke volume 1 (LN) - As far as isekai romance light novels go, this one was actually pretty good. Has a cliffhanger ending just to ensure readers will be coming back, which I think is a bit of a shame since I'd rather they'd wrap this particular storyline up but at the same time I like the cast enough where I'm happy to read at least one more.

Death's Daughter and the Ebony Blade volume 1 (LN) - If you like the idea of a stereotypical small anime girl swinging around a massive sword and destroying everything in her path, then this is the novel for you! I'll likely continue on with this one to see where it goes and whether it plans to stay in the military setting it put itself in for this volume, or if it'll branch out into the MC doing something a bit different.

The Dorm of Love and Secrets volume 3-4 (complete) - Used the recent Kodansha sale to finish off this one. A fun read but I'm disappointed there wasn't a bit more drama around the MC getting into her relationship, since they made a huge deal of that in Volume 3 and then just never capitalised on it.

Usotoki Rhetoric volume 2 (JP) - Looking forward to the English releases starting next month so I can hopefully get more people into this one, provided One Peace does a good translation/letting/etc on it...

Hyouka volume 2 (JP) - Hyouka is Hyouka, not a lot to say for this one. Just happy to be revisiting it and hopefully I will eventually get beyond the content of the anime.

Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash volume 18 (LN) - Was not expecting it to end the way it did! The author says this is the prelude to the final arc, which makes sense since Grimgar has felt like it was going to (and needs to) wrap up for a while now. Hopefully, this final storyline will be a good one!

Reviews to follow for:
Fairy Tail 100 Years Qest volume 10
Devil Ecstasy volume 2 (complete)
The Girl I Saved on the Train Turned Out to Be My Childhood Friend volume 2 (LN)

Full Metal Panic: Gathering Make My Day vol 9 LN
Caught up with the anime now! Really great volume this. The fight back begins in earnest as the gang claw they way back from devastation. Plenty of surprises, great action and the start of emotional catharsis. There still plenty up in the air but the way this volume brings so many moving parts together is really well done. Just 3 volumes left and now I'm going in completely blind to what is going to happen!

Full Metal Panic: Approaching Nick Of Time vol 10 LN
A wide ride. We finally get answers to questions like "why is all this happening?" "what do the villians actually want?" and "what are the whispered really?" And its very satisfying. There's also quite a number of surprises along the way and as this is now all new to me (as these final volumes are yet to get an anime) they really got to me. I'm very invested in these characters. Also the action was very well handled and a section of the book that forces an unlikely pairing leads to one of the most interesting conversations in the whole series.

Just the final 2 parter to go!

Back