What manga are you reading now?

Read the first volume of Rosen Blood and I haven't been this happy with a find in a while! It suits my tastes perfectly, I've actually wished to read something just like this. I love vampire romances with a dark, sometimes sadistic side.

The art is so gorgeous I had to stop reading just to admire it all the time. I love the setting, the male characters are amazing and the female MC is top tier aswell, I love her gentle side and how she sees their humanity and cares for them. The mysteries have me fascinated. Levi is my favourite and some moments with him were very dreamy. I look forward to see how their relationship develops and I can't wait to get the next volume!

The Magical Revolution of the Reincarnated Princess and the Genius Young Lady volume 1 (LN)
Cooking with Wild Game volume 17 (LN)
Death Note Short Stories
Frieren: Beyond Journey's End volume 3
Horimiya volume 4
A Galaxy Next Door volume 1

I Want to Be a Wall volume 1 - Heard a lot of good things about this one but hadn't expected it to be such a sweet slice of life! Very intrigued to find out how and why these two characters got married given Volume 1 doesn't explain that. The artwork is great and I love how the two interact with one another while dealing with their respective problems. I just wish there was more of it right now because it's clear we've barely scratched the surface of their stories.

Volume 1 of Skip-Beat! :)
Awesome! Still in volume 1 myself too.

I feel like Kyoko is a good cautionary tale to teenagers these days. She wants an education because she was denied one...she's working to pay back others for their kindness and to improve herself, and so she realized that she has to put HER life first before anyone else...boys, parents, other girls.

Great expectations for SB!:)

I Want to Be a Wall volume 1 - Heard a lot of good things about this one but hadn't expected it to be such a sweet slice of life! Very intrigued to find out how and why these two characters got married given Volume 1 doesn't explain that. The artwork is great and I love how the two interact with one another while dealing with their respective problems. I just wish there was more of it right now because it's clear we've barely scratched the surface of their stories.
I requested this from Diamond to review but, alas, it still hasn't turned up so far - but it's good to know that it'll be an enjoyable read. :) (At least I Cannot Reach You #4 arrived!)

My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom! Girls Patch (complete) - A fun but unsubstantial anthology for the villainess series here. I think it made a lot more sense before we reached the point the LNs are currently at where Katarina is beginning to work through her feelings for everyone.

Ascendance of a Bookworm volume 19 (LN)
Slayers volume 13 (LN)

The Untouchable Midori-kun volume 1 - Unconveined I'll carry on with this one. The set-up is decent but I find the characters annoying and the art isn't good enough for me to be able to look past that, especially when Kodansha regularly put out so many romance titles digitally now.

Sensei's Pious Lie volume 2 - Another heavy and difficult read. On the one hand, I'm glad Vertical are putting these out in an omnibus format because it means the story does move from volume to volume, but on the other hand, I felt like way less happened this time around than in Vol 1. But I suppose that's what happens when you're trying to carry so many messed up and complicated relationships...

Piano Duo for the Left Hand volume 3 - Still incredibly silly, but somehow I find myself compelled to come back for more. I suppose it has that typical shounen make-up that however ridiculous the plot may be the characters hold a certain charm.

I requested this from Diamond to review but, alas, it still hasn't turned up so far - but it's good to know that it'll be an enjoyable read. :) (At least I Cannot Reach You #4 arrived!)

I certainly hope your copy turns up soon, I'm eager to see how you'll review it and hope you'll enjoy reading it. :)

I am Blue, In Pain, and Fragile (complete, novel)
Something's Wrong with Us volumes 7-8
The Holy Grail of Eris volume 1 (LN)
Housekeeping Mage from Another World: Making Your Adventures Feel Like Home! volume 1

Death March to the Parallel World Rhapsody ch 87

Even If The Sword Saint is Boring He's Still the Strongest ch 66 - 69

Fairy Tail: 100 Years Quest ch 108

Houkago no Goumon Shoujo ch 124

How Not to Summon a Demon Lord ch 84.1 - 84.2

Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san ch 160

Karakai Jouzu no (Moto) Takagi-san ch 227

Wise Man's Granchild ch 68

Why the Hell are You Here, Teacher! ch 109 - 110

Call of the Night volume 6 - The plot is getting way more interesting these last couple of volumes.
My Dress-Up Darling volumes 1-2 - Finally managed to get my hands on physical copies of this one!
Fire in His Fingertips volume 3

Koigakubo-kun Stole My First Time volume 1 - A cute enough premise that I'll follow it into Volume 2. It's far more innocent than the title suggests.

Holmes of Kyoto volume 10 (LN)
The Tales of Marielle Clarac volume 5
My Dress-Up Darling volume 3
The Misfit of Demon King Academy volume 1 (LN)
The Necromancer Maid volume 1
Black Summoner volume 9 (LN)
Cross-Dressing Villainess Cecilia Sylvie volume 2 (LN)

Let's Go Karaoke! by Yama Wayama Yen Press - review to follow
Seaside Stranger #3 Kii Kanna Seven Seas (If you liked the film of Seaside Stranger/Harukaze no Etranger) than you'll want to follow what happens to Shun and Mio next. However, Kii Kanna is more interested, it seems, in slice-of-life observational comedy - and sometimes, I fear, at the expense of the main pair. (I wish someone would license her Qualia under the Snow which I think is better than this series.)
Dick Fight Island #2 Ike Reibun SuBLime - just a hoot from start to finish - but also rather sweet in places too (interesting scenes in Oxford?!) and, of course, very splendidly drawn.
His Favorite #12 (digital) Suzuki Tanaka SuBLime - more of the same. Gently mischievous BL character-based comedy, still fun to read.

Last edited:
Seaside Stranger #3 Kii Kanna Seven Seas (If you liked the film of Seaside Stranger/Harukaze no Etranger) than you'll want to follow what happens to Shun and Mio next. However, Kii Kanna is more interested, it seems, in slice-of-life observational comedy - and sometimes, I fear, at the expense of the main pair. (I wish someone would license her Qualia in the Snow which I think is better than this series.)
I wouldn't mind seeing someone pick up Mahou ga Tsukaenakutemo either, that one seems fun from what little I've seen of it. I certainly like Seaside Stranger since I'm attached to the main pair, but I confess I often wonder if it would have been left as that single volume rather than being expanded into this longer running series. Maybe that's where the author's talents really lie since we're both wishing to see her single-volume works licensed...

I wouldn't mind seeing someone pick up Mahou ga Tsukaenakutemo either, that one seems fun from what little I've seen of it.
Yes, agree this one would also be a good choice (I think I've read an extract from the French edition)nos-meilleures-vies-casterman kii kanna - Copy.jpg
and maybe Seven Seas could be persuaded to pick it up after they've published #4 of Etranger... 🤔 I get the feeling that maybe she hadn't expected Etranger to be such a success and the succeeding chapters have been a little random.

Attachments

• nos-meilleures-vies-casterman kii kanna.jpg
    nos-meilleures-vies-casterman kii kanna.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Back