What manga are you reading now?

Yeah I must admit I was struggling with the second to last chapter because it almost sounded like the two main characters were brothers...? I feel like that’s true and I missed something earlier or it’s just wrong. Even beyond that though there have certainly been some oddities, so I hope this is teething issues and gets better as futekiya go on...
I'm relieved it's not just me! 😅

just finished the second to last omnibus of alita: last order man a lot has happened... during a quite a stretched out tournament too!
this also means I'll need to find the four last loose volumes soon... I thought I had the chance to save money for a second there...

Death March to the Parallel World Rhapsody ch 55

Gal Gohan (Gal Cooking) ch 54

The Honor Student's Secret Job ch 16

My Wife is the Student Council President ch 57

Last edited:
Arifureta: From Commonplace to World's Strongest (Light Novel) - Chapter 10 & Prologue (via Vol. 3)

So despite there being only 3 main chapters in this third volume, some big stuff happens.

These events include:
  • Prologue: Aiko and the classmates. Not all of the classmates went with Aiko to the lake town of Ur. There are basically three groups in total:
    • Hero group
      • Kaori Shirasaki - The one searching for Hajime the most
      • Kouki Amanogawa - The "Hero" of the group
      • Shizuku Yaegashi - The swordsman who's best friends with Kaori
      • Suzu Taniguchi - Barrier master for Kouki
      • Ryutarou Sakagami - One of the main fighters with Kouki
      • Eri Nakamura - Suzu's friend, leader for one team
      • Jugo Nagayama, Kentarou Nomura, Ayako Tsuji, Mao Yoshino, Kousuke Endou, Yoshiki Saitou, Reichi Kondou, and Shinji Nakano.
      • Daisuke Hiyama - The one responsible for attempting to kill Hajime, leader for one team
    • Aiko group
      • Aiko Hatayama - the Teacher
      • Yuka Sonobe - The girl that Hajime saves in the labyrinth during the Behemoth fight
      • Miyazaki Nana and Taeko Sugawara - Yuka's friends
      • Atsushi Tamai
      • Noboru Aikawa, Akito Nimura and Yukitoshi Shimizu - Atsushi's friends
    • The other group (those who had remained at the kingdom doing nothing)
      • The rest of the classmates
  • Hajime, Yue and Shea are preparing to leave the village of Brooke to locate the Volcano Labyrinth (then after that the Water Labyrinth). But before they can do that they'll need to head to the village of Fuhren. Catherine (the Brooke Adventurer's Guild person) hands Hajime a letter to help their travels and interactions between each guild branch they encounter.
  • Hajime & co. take a transport that spends around a week to get to Fuhren. The person in charge of the transport tries to beg Hajime to sell Shea but he refuses. Eventually after numerous attempts, the person (called More) tells Hajime to be careful when using magic that uses a Dragon shape due to the Gods' hatred towards the Dragonmen - to provide context, Yue used an original spell that had the shape of a dragon or snake in order to protect their transport from monsters on their way to Fuhren.
  • Hajime & co. go to the Fuhren Adventurer's Guild in order to find a guide due to how large the village is. During their discussion with Rithy, who handles recommendations for locations within the village, they were interrupted by a pig-like person and an adventurer he had hired in order to try and forcefully take both Yue and Shea but the girls beat them up.
  • After that interruption, the Guild's main duo Chief Secretary Dott and Main Chief Ilwa speak to Hajime & co. about their involvement and after reading the letter, the two speak to them privately. Basically, Ilwa wants Hajime's help in locating a young noble boy named Will Cudeta who joined an Adventurer's group to the mountains because he wants to become one too, but Ilwa allowed this to happen solely to try and convince Will that being an Adventurer isn't always fun and games. Despite Ilwa choosing their strongest group for the task, they all went missing and were last seen up in the mountains.
  • Hajime accepts the offer after Ilwa references that their fight not long ago could get them blacklisted from other guild branches unless they got Ilwa's support. Hajime also requests they offer status plates for Yue and Shea, as both didn't have one for various obvious reasons (Yue being a vampire who was locked up for 300 years down in the Orcus Labyrinth, and Shea being a rabbitmen who tend to remain within the Haltina Woods).
  • Hajime & co. drive off to the mountain but before that they stop by at the lake town of Ur.
  • Hajime encounters Aiko and her group of classmates for the first time since his disappearance.
  • Hajime speaks to Aiko privately to explain his whole situation as he trusts her the most out of her classmates. Aiko tells him that Kaori is still looking for him, but in return, Hajime asks Aiko to let Kaori know that whoever tried to kill him is someone who is close or obsessed with her.

Another - 21 chapters, 2 volumes [series finalised]
Arifureta: From Commonplace to World's Strongest - Reading Volume 3, Volumes 1-2 Read
Death March to the Parallel World Rhapsody - 6 chapters (+ Prologue/Epilogue), 1 volume
Defeating the Demon Lord's a Cinch (If You Have a Ringer) - 5 chapters (+ Prologue/Epilogue/Interlude), 1 volume
Goblin Slayer - 13 chapters (+ 4 Interludes), 1 volume
How a Realist Hero Rebuilt the Kingdom - 6 chapters (+ Prologue/Epilogue/Extra Story), 1 volume
How NOT to Summon a Demon Lord - 3 chapters (+ Prologue/Epilogue), 1 volume
In Another World With My Smartphone - 4 chapters (+ Prologue/2 Interludes) , 1 volume
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls In a Dungeon? - 6 chapters (+ Prologue/Epilogue), 1 volume
Konosuba: God's Blessing on This Wonderful World! - Volume 1 Read [on-hold]
OVERLORD - 9 chapters (+ 2 Prologues/2 Epilogues), 2 volumes
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- - 5 chapters (+ Prologue/Epilogue), 1 volume
Saga of Tanya the Evil - 5 chapters (+ Prologue), 1 volume

Last edited:
Konosuba: Continued - Gifting this Wonderful World with Explosions! ch 16

Why Are You Here Sensei!? ch 55

Yuuna and the Haunted Hot Springs ch 169

Last edited:
Arifureta: From Commonplace to World's Strongest (Light Novel) - Chapter 11 (via Vol. 3)

This chapter felt shorter in a sense but it introduces a new party member to the team. There's one more main chapter after this which is around 120 pages long so that's going to be interesting to see. I now reckon the anime adaptation will conclude at the end of this volume, given the build-up that has been made with this chapter.

These events include:
  • Hajime, Yue, and Shea are preparing to leave the lake town of Ur to investigate the mountains, but Akio and her group want to tag along because one of their students, Yukitoshi Shimizu, went missing prior. Hajime reluctantly accepts and uses a larger vehicle for transport.
  • They reach the mountains and manage to find some clues along the way, while also watching Akio & her group being slow and knackered as they ran out of stamina.
  • They eventually find Will Cudeta who was hiding inside a cave within a waterfall. Basically, they were attacked by Bulltaurs followed by a Black Dragon and he's the sole survivor of his group. The Black Dragon eventually re-appears.
  • After a long solo-based battle between Hajime and the Black Dragon (basically Hajime is showing off to show Akio and the classmates that he is basically OP enough to wipe them and the Holy Church out), he shoves a pipe up to the Black Dragon's ass which then changes the tone of the fight.
  • The Black Dragon, named Tio, is actually a female dragonmen who was brainwashed into attacking Will. She was sent to investigate the sudden appearance of people from another world (Hajime and his classmates) but along the way she got mind-controlled by a figure that Akio is convinced may turn out to be Yukitoshi Shimizu since the Dragon confirmed the person responsible is not a demon but human.
  • The figure is also creating an army of monsters that will soon attack the lake town of Ur, so Hajime & co. head back to retreat.

Arifureta: From Commonplace to World's Strongest - Reading Volume 3, Volumes 1-2 Read
Death March to the Parallel World Rhapsody - 6 chapters (+ Prologue/Epilogue), 1 volume
Defeating the Demon Lord's a Cinch (If You Have a Ringer) - 5 chapters (+ Prologue/Epilogue/Interlude), 1 volume
How a Realist Hero Rebuilt the Kingdom - 6 chapters (+ Prologue/Epilogue/Extra Story), 1 volume
In Another World With My Smartphone - 4 chapters (+ Prologue/2 Interludes) , 1 volume
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls In a Dungeon? - 6 chapters (+ Prologue/Epilogue), 1 volume
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- - 5 chapters (+ Prologue/Epilogue), 1 volume

My Hero Academia: Smash!! volume 1

Shining Stars in Line volume 1 (complete)

At 25:00 in Akasaka volume 1 (complete)

How a Realist Hero Rebuilt the Kingdom volume 2

Moja and I (complete)

Science vs. Magic (complete)

In Another World With My Smartphone (LN) vol 16
Things happen. Smartphone continues. Nothing changes.

Seirei Gensouki: Spirit Chronicles (LN) vol 6
This very much felt like a bridging volume. Not a bad one, but it spends more time introducing big things than doing anything.

I'm starting to get close to catching up...

My Wife is the Student Council President ch 58-69 (Complete)

Seitokai Yakuindomo ch 531

Slave Harem in the Labyrinth of the Other World ch 23

Special training in the Secret Dungeon ch 15.2

Last edited:
Arifureta: From Commonplace to World's Strongest (Light Novel) - Chapter 12 + Epilogues 1-2 (via Vol. 3 ~ Volume Completed)

So this chapter was pretty long with over 120 pages. But it covers a lot of interesting stuff, well to be precise it's basically a preparation, fight scene, and the aftermath all in one go but the end of the novel does make me want to read more about what happens. You've probably noticed that I recapped the chapter's synopsis on the spoiler tags, that's just my way of taking note on what's been going on throughout the story.

I'll hold off on buying Novel 4 in the meantime so that I can focus on my other novel backlog. But the first three novels were great fun to read overall.

These events include:
  • The Hero group is now on the 78th floor of the Great Orcus Labyrinth. They fight Clay Golems and a Spider, while Shizuku starts to get worried about Kaori (potentially being possessed by a white-clothed demon-like figure that Shizuku kept seeing during that floor).
  • Hajime & co. head back to Ur, driving past Akio's knights mid-way.
  • Akio informs the leaders of Ur about the situation. Hajime tries to get Will back to Fuhren by force, but Akio persuades him to stay and fight given he's strong enough to tackle the army of monsters at his level. Hajime hesitated because this would mean the Holy Church and the other classmates will find out about his skills and situation sooner than later, but he gives in. Akio also brings up the fact that even if Hajime kept this persona going on, there may not be much happiness left for him or his group once everything is over.
  • Tio wants to join Hajime's group. Tio is basically similar to Konosuba's Darkness who is very perverted and wants to be Hajime's master. He's like "no". Then the monsters start to appear not far from the town.
  • Yuka Sonobe thanks Hajime for saving her back in the labyrinth. He initially was like "ok cool" but does tell her that she has the guts to move forward in life.
  • Everyone leaves Hajime's group except for Tio who is determined to stay and fight (that way she can be forgiven for what had happened to Will's group). Hajime accepts her but still treats her like he did with Shea at the beginning.
  • Hajime makes a speech declaring Akio as their goddess (that way she can be useful to him if the Holy Church decides to fight him later down the line) and takes out the air support using his weapons.
  • Hajime & co. battle through the dozens and thousands of monsters. Hajime captures the hooded figure responsible for the attack, who turns out to be the missing student Yukitoshi Shimizu (he was also the one during the Novel 2 Epilogue wanting to go after the lake town of Ur, Akio and her guards in order to become a 'hero').
  • Hajime takes Shimizu to Aiko and he eventually tries to take her hostage. It's revealed that he was indeed tasked by a demon to try and kill her in order to become a 'hero' as he always wanted to become one even before they were summoned to another world. He's a Dark Mage who got traumatised when Hajime disappeared and spent his time reading Dark Magic books and sneaking out to use his magic. He joined Aiko's group in order to make use of the monsters up in the mountains until he found a demon who was willing to co-operate (which then led to the epilogue of Novel 2).
  • The demon responsible stealth attacks the group but Shea manages to save Akio while Shimizu gets most of the damage. Hajime had to use his potion vials to save both Aiko, who got poisoned by Shimizu's needle, and Shea, who got hit by the demon blast.
  • Aiko begs Hajime to save Shimizu, however, Hajime realised that Shimizu is beyond help mentally so he kills him. He did this so that Akio wouldn't blame herself over his death or any of his outcomes if he lived.
  • Hajime, Yue, Shea and Will leave Ur for Fuhren with Tio sneaking along which Hajime eventually accepts.
  • Akio dabbles over what had happened with Shimizu but eventually accepts what Hajime has done and presses to move on.
  • Epilogue: A hidden figure is spying on Kouki's group in the Labyrinth. And a little girl in a cage is begging for her mum while some children are being taken away.

Arifureta: From Commonplace to World's Strongest - Volumes 1-3 Read [on-hold]

Humans are the Strongest Race ~Starting a Slow Life with an Elf Wife in a Different World~ ch 18

Tsugumomo ch 122.1

When a Gun Nerd is Reincarnated to a World of Magic, He established a Harem army with Modern Weapons!? ch 32

Last edited:
Over the past two days read some manga I picked up dirt cheap at amazon.it:

Flower in a storm Vol 1 & 2
Quite interesting and funny, but the execution was very flawed. The overarching story was non-existent in the first volume (for the most part) and the second volume ramped up in speed to fit it in, which didn't really go well. Nevertheless enjoyable. Also each volume contained a one-shot by the same author, which were a lot more serious in tone. Both played with a certain concept, but, while intriguing, it was a bit too "present"/"on the nose" for my liking.
Ristorante Paradiso
I'm clearly not the target audience and also didn't really like some of its themes, but the story was done really well. It had a lot of charming moments and there's little it did wrong (IMO). Every character was fleshed out, even the side-characters, the story progressed naturally and the end was conclusive enough. I only think it wouldn't have hurt if it was spread out over more pages, as some time skips could've been made shorter, making the character development a tad more natural and a certain scene near the end felt a bit "for the effect" rather than what would make sense given the context. Would recommend this to anyone to whom the premise sounds interesting, as it does deliver.

22 is the next to disappear off the app, so had to read it ASAP.
Did you know that the Mangaplus website has a different "time-window" for series? For example Tokyo Ghoul chapters 20 through 33 are available there. The app itself has a time-window per user (or rather, per device). So if you happen to miss a chapter and have another device lying around, you could start using the app there (although it might take weeks before it's up to speed again, but for starting a different "re-edition" series that's useful).

Back