What manga are you reading now?

I began reading A Certain Scientific Railgun vol 1 on the bus on the way to work. Looks okay.

I've also began reading (and half-way through), Silver Surfer. I wasn't sure I'd like it, but I'm getting into it. Poor, lonely, misunderstood Silvi.

Checking out Big Brother I don't like you very much (could be wrong, could be "at all"). The story doesn't seem too bad so far and looks like it's quite similar to the Anime from what I can remember. Future purchase?, perhaps. I'll just have to find out if they finished it.

Zero's Familiar Omnibus 1: first time with this series and it's enjoyable in a very simple sort of way. Saito constantly makes me laugh :lol: I wasn't sure at first if I would buy the rest when it comes out but now I'm sure I will.
Pandora Hearts Volume 15: what a heart breaker of a volume. Elliot come back! I knew this was coming but I've relived it all over again. One of the many great characters in PH, it's just a shame he had to go so soon. In Volume 16 everything will start to spiral out of control even more, I've been excited for this one ever since I got it in Japanese. Roll on June :D I really do recommend this series. The story twists and intertwines beautifully and the characters are so well developed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yesterday read:

* Bakuman Vol. 19.
* Alice in the Country of Hearts, My Fanatic Rabbit Vol. 2.
* Oh My God! Vol. 1-2.
* Ciao Ciao Bambino.

Today I planning to read Jiu Jiu Vol. 4.

Second volume of Voynich Hotel is finally scanlated. Ended up re-reading the whole thing to refresh my memory and I think actually appreciated it more the second time round. Beneath all the morbid humour, there's a really rather sweet tragi-comic story. The characterisation is also meticulously crafted. No-one is ever quite what they first seem and the series does an excellent job of making you feel sympathy for some genuinely awful people.

Re -starting Rosario+Vampire as I've forgotten all that went before book 2:11. Not that I'm complaining as it's actually quite a good Manga that's sadly let down by the reputation of the Anime.

I can highly recommend it. It's a strange beast; a sort of multi-stranded black comedy that mixes Tarantino-esque situations with Japanese pop-culture idioms and just a hint of tragedy. The biggest problem with it so far has been the release schedule - it was a complete year between the translation of volume 1 being released and the translation of volume 2. I think a different group has picked it up now though and they appear to be keeping to a more regular schedule, so hopefully we're sorted.

Now if only someone would release it officially...

Back