What manga are you reading now?

Togari Vol 8. Miffed this got pulled in Japan as it was starting to get into it's stride, now we have been robbed of a ending. Although where it ended does sort of work.

I've read all Hunter X Hunter published so far. It's unbelievably good!

I'm about to finish Battle Vixens V10, but I have to get the lat few vols, so I'm procrastinating it for so long =(

Berserk: Vol. 1-4

Read all the volumes I own. It's too bad I don't own more... The series is expensive and not the best to collect due to its length, so I probably won't be continuing it for quite a lengthy period.

The pre-Brand of the Hawk stories were entertaining but not great. I felt the same way about the chapters that follow on from the events of the anime - seeing Guts wander around from town to town (and lots of rape) wasn't anywhere near as entertaining as seeing the rise and fall of Griffth's dream.

M.P.D. Psycho volume 6 - I honestly don't give a **** about what's happening in this anymore, I just stick around for the killings and nudez.

Historie volumes 1-4 - Oh my GOD... It's so... good. Honestly, I enjoyed Iwaaki's Parasyte [Well, of what I've read from Del Ray] immensely, but this is something else... I hope for more.

Love Hina: Vol. 1

Now that I've got through my 4 Berserk volumes, I've put it on hold and moved onto my 5 Love Hina volumes.

Love Hina is a comedy that's actually funny - that's quite rare. I'm sure the perverted jokes and all we got dull once the characters start to get old but, for now, it's great to read. I'll get on with Vol. 2 a bit later on.

Love Hina: Chapter 20 (roughly 2.5 volumes)

I've loved it so far. It's very simple and follows the same studying for exam with lots of comedy mixed in style as other similar series, but the characters are excellent and the perverted goings on do tend to get a smile out of me. I also like how two people who made a promise when they were kids are working towards fulfilling the promise they made - it makes me all soft and happy.

I'm in love with Naru already. She's the stereotypical fiery female that I've seen time and time again in anime but, like the series itself, there's something about her that puts her above the rest. Fappable AND likeable as a character; very rare.

I just might order Vol. 6 if the remainder of the volumes in my possession please me. Right now I want to see it through to the end.

I have just finished Dororo and it was great, really. The pacing was off almost consistently, but not to a detrimental extent. The story got a little repetitive but never stopped being enjoyable, and the charm of Osamu Tezuka's brilliantly diverse art ensures that his manga rarely becomes anything even approximating boring. The ending was slightly truncated; I would have liked to have seen some story aspects expanded upon, but overall I'm not complaining. Dororo is ace, and my love affair with Tezuka continues :]

CitizenGeek said:
I have just finished Dororo and it was great, really. The pacing was off almost consistently, but not to a detrimental extent. The story got a little repetitive but never stopped being enjoyable, and the charm of Osamu Tezuka's brilliantly diverse art ensures that his manga rarely become anythign even approximating boring. The ending was slightly truncated; I would have liked to have seen some story aspects expanded upon, but overall I'm not complaining. Dororo is ace, and my love affair with Tezuka continues :]

Next up Black Jack, right :wink: I'm still waiting for my copy of it, but I'm sooooo jealous about the special edition hardback http://www.vertical-inc.com/blackjack/index.html sure would've wanted that one.

I've been reading Club 9 that I borrowed from the library, same mangaka who did What's Michael, seinen - comedy - slice of life, it's a pretty fun story about a country girl moving to Tokyo for college, all big boobs and sincerity, the English translation has given the main character a southern accent which works alright. The annoying thing is that it only has 3 out of 5 volumes out as Dark Horse dropped it.

Trigunette said:
Next up Black Jack, right :wink: I'm still waiting for my copy of it, but I'm sooooo jealous about the special edition hardback http://www.vertical-inc.com/blackjack/index.html sure would've wanted that one.

Absolutely! I'm just waiting for the Book Depository to get it in stock (as they are by far the handiest for me) and then I'll order it immediately. I can't wait to read Black Jack, especially considering how iconic and beloved (at least by those few who watch or read it) the series is. I still have to collect more Phoenix, and I have 4 vols. of Buddha left to get; but they can take a back seat to Black Jack :]

Love Hina: Volume 5

I've now read all the volumes I own. Since reading lots of manga scans on my monitor is unappealing to me, I'm going to wait for Vol. 6-7 to arrive via snail mail before continuing.

Love Hina is the sort of story I can sit and keep reading for ages. Time goes by very fast, with hours almost feeling like minutes. I'm not quite sure why since I usually don't have much patience with predictable stories that follow the (near enough) exact same paths as older manga... Maybe it's simply down to the characters, art and comedy being more appealing than what was in Maison Ikkoku; a series that's VERY similar to Love Hina? I really don't know. All I know for sure is that I feel the urge to read it from start to finish, which I'm going to.

What's beginning to bug me a little is how something comical always happens when Keitaro and Nara are about to kiss or simply admit their feelings for each other. I know that when I'm not even halfway through they can't have hot sex just yet but it's still an annoyance when I'm cheering for the two of them. I might even get emotional and shed a tear when the comedy sequences stop and the lovin' begins.

By the way, on a random note: How badly did the animation studio behind the Love Hina anime **** up? Without even touching the anime I know that 14 volumes/120 chapters don't go into 24 episodes well...

CitizenGeek said:
I still have to collect more Phoenix, and I have 4 vols. of Buddha left to get; but they can take a back seat to Black Jack :]

I don't know if this is much use but the US will be getting a collection of the 3 Phoenix anime DVDs at the end of November. Got mine on order for about $20.

Dracos said:
I don't know if this is much use but the US will be getting a collection of the 3 Phoenix anime DVDs at the end of November. Got mine on order for about $20.

Thanks for the heads up! :] I'll be sure to check that out, though I'm more concerned with collecting the manga than the anime right now.

Back