What manga are you reading now?

just finished the first volume of Bebop. it's not quite as good as the anime, but the great characters and well-written storylines are still there.

Read the first vol of Hyper Police which I enjoyed immensely, non-stop action, humour and catgirls - everything a growing boy needs :p

Miaka-chan said:
I have decided that EVERYONE in Fruits Basket is much cuter in the manga :wink:
Only have the first two volumes myself so far, but i don't know which i prefer, i think Shigure seems alot meaner in the manga than the anime though

Charter_Mage said:
Miaka-chan said:
Only have the first two volumes myself so far, but i don't know which i prefer, i think Shigure seems alot meaner in the manga than the anime though
He chills out as it goes on! and he's 200% cuter in the manga!
I've read up to volume 7 now. There must be quite a bit more story than shown in the anime, as there are over 16 volumes (it's still going in Japan in Hana to Yume!) and we've already had 80% of everything that happens. There's only 2 zodiac members left to meet and 9 more volumes+ of manga!
It's so damned good and I'm really glad I gave in and bought the manga.

Miaka-chan said:
Charter_Mage said:
Miaka-chan said:
He chills out as it goes on! and he's 200% cuter in the manga!
I've read up to volume 7 now. There must be quite a bit more story than shown in the anime, as there are over 16 volumes (it's still going in Japan in Hana to Yume!) and we've already had 80% of everything that happens. There's only 2 zodiac members left to meet and 9 more volumes+ of manga!
It's so damned good and I'm really glad I gave in and bought the manga.

I keep thinking about getting the manga because i love the anime so much but 16 volumes seems like quite alot. But who knows, I will probably give in and end up buying it...

Unit 0 said:
I keep thinking about getting the manga because i love the anime so much but 16 volumes seems like quite alot. But who knows, I will probably give in and end up buying it...
Well there are currently only 9 of them translated (I just bought all 9 in one go!), so it's not quite so bad as 16!
It's nowhere near as bad as Hana Yori Dango (Boys Over Flowers), which is another of my favourite current manga books, there are 36 volumes of that! Volume 12 has just been released and the other 24 will take 4 years to collect (at one manga every 2 months!!).

Currently got quite a few mangas on the go.

I download and Read Naruto, Bleach and also recently started reading Gantz.

I buy Tsubasa and XXXHolic.

I've also bought the Megatokyo books that have come out, although I dunno if you classify that as manga.

All of them are quite enjoyable to read.

up to volume 24 of GTO - absolutely fantastic series, and with only one volume left its all going to come together (shame vol 25 isnt published till august)

and up to vol 5 of xxxHolic - entertaining enough but not amazing or groundbreaking in any way

Yesterday I read volumes 8 & 9 of Fruits Basket. Anyone who loves the anime, really should be reading the manga, as "shock, horror" there's a new member of the zodiac :D Can't say I was expecting that! Thinking about it though, I always did wonder why Akito's zodiac animal wasn't actually revealed, I just assumed he was the horse, but there's no rooster in the anime, so he could be the rooster! Can't wait to find out :D

I also read volumes 11-13 of Fushigi Yuugi. I was surprised to find the TV series did end at volume 13, which means 14 & 15 must be the first OVA!

Out of all the manga books I've read, Fushigi Yuugi seems to be the only one that is virtually the same as the anime, with just the Amazon women story omitted!

Last edited by a moderator:
Miaka-chan said:
Yesterday I read volumes 8 & 9 of Fruits Basket. Anyone who loves the anime, really should be reading the manga, as "shock, horror" there's a new member of the zodiac :D Can't say I was expecting that! Thinking about it though, I always did wonder why Akito's zodiac animal wasn't actually revealed, I just assumed he was the horse, but there's no rooster in the anime, so he could be the rooster!

Akito isn't a Zodiac animal, he's the 'centre' of the curse. iirc, the rooster is a guy named Kureno, who doesn't get out of the Sohma compound much. Anyway, when I have the money I'll definitely be getting the next few volumes of Fruits Basket, only up to volume 5 myself atm.

Oh, and about Fushigi Yuugi, I think one of the OVAs isn't in the manga, so Tamahome just becomes Taka without explanation.

BTW you should really have said: "don't read this spoiler, if you don't want Akito's identity to be revealed and spoiled for you!" as to be honest, you have really spoilt my excitement about who is who and what's coming next, so I'm not overly happy right now :evil:

Red XIII said:
Oh, and about Fushigi Yuugi, I think one of the OVAs isn't in the manga, so Tamahome just becomes Taka without explanation.
He's reincarnated at the end of volume 13, which means he's Taka, as Tamahome reincarnated is Taka!

Sorry, didn't mean to spoil it for you :oops: - there's really nothing there that couldn't be gathered from volume 9, as I understand it, the truth is far more intriguing and exciting than anything I typed there...

Red XIII said:
Sorry, didn't mean to spoil it for you :oops: - there's really nothing there that couldn't be gathered from volume 9, as I understand it, the truth is far more intriguing and exciting than anything I typed there...
I will forgive you, this once :wink:
Volume 9 introduces Rin and Kureno, but no more details than that!
I still don't understand why these two were left out of the anime :? I guess it's the same as with a lot of manga to anime stories, they finish the anime before the manga ends and voila, crap ending!

Miaka-chan said:
Yesterday I read volumes 8 & 9 of Fruits Basket. Anyone who loves the anime, really should be reading the manga, as "shock, horror" there's a new member of the zodiac :D Can't say I was expecting that! Thinking about it though, I always did wonder why Akito's zodiac animal wasn't actually revealed, I just assumed he was the horse, but there's no rooster in the anime, so he could be the rooster! Can't wait to find out :D

I also read volumes 11-13 of Fushigi Yuugi. I was surprised to find the TV series did end at volume 13, which means 14 & 15 must be the first OVA!

Out of all the manga books I've read, Fushigi Yuugi seems to be the only one that is virtually the same as the anime, with just the Amazon women story omitted!

Thats it, I have to read the manga now! :D

Well I've been reading D.N.Angel this evening - coo! Dark is even sexier in the manga :twisted: It's actually very good and I'm glad I finally gave in and bought the manga!

I hope to get Fruits Basket eventually, but sadly i've already stumbled across so many spoilers on the internet, infact almost enough to make me cry, really holding back a rant about the inconsideration of a few people :cry:

Charter_Mage said:
I hope to get Fruits Basket eventually, but sadly i've already stumbled across so many spoilers on the internet, infact almost enough to make me cry, really holding back a rant about the inconsideration of a few people :cry:
Tha's why I don't research something until after I've read it or seen the anime (unless I really don't know whether to buy it or not and want something tangible to help in my decision :lol: ).

Miaka-chan said:
Charter_Mage said:
Tha's why I don't research something until after I've read it or seen the anime (unless I really don't know whether to buy it or not and want something tangible to help in my decision :lol: ).

I have narrowly escaped some Fruits Basket spoilers. I make a point of avoiding threads about titles that I really dont want to know what happens till I've read it in the manga myself.

Back