What manga are you reading now?

Hi! Sorry to double reply, but I just wanted to confirm with you that the Summer volume is also a light novel, I guess the one you are talking about? I'll purchase that and the regular one, but I'll save them until I'm done with the manga, I just really want to see what the manga has first hehe :D Also do you know if the manga is complete at 3 volumes? I only see up to 3 for pre-order.

Yep, Summer is also a light novel and is the sequel/side volume I was talking about before. :)

As for the manga, it does appear to still be ongoing. Volume 4 just came out in Japan over the summer and looking at the synopsis I think it's probably only halfway through the content of the original LN, so still plenty to cover!

Yep, Summer is also a light novel and is the sequel/side volume I was talking about before. :)

As for the manga, it does appear to still be ongoing. Volume 4 just came out in Japan over the summer and looking at the synopsis I think it's probably only halfway through the content of the original LN, so still plenty to cover!
That's great news! I'm glad there's going to be much more of it as I'm enjoying it so much haha. Thanks so much for all the info and help you've given me.

Goodbye Otherworld, See You Tomorrow volume 1 (LN)
Dahila in Bloom: Crafting a Fresh Start with Magical Tools volume 2 (LN)
Dragon Daddy Diaries: A Girl Grows to Greatness volume 2 (LN)
Stories from the Shopping District (complete)
Just Love, the Monster (complete)
Kakafukaka volume 5

Bootsleg volume 1 (JP) - The author was talking about how this is getting an English release in January, so soon everyone can enjoy it after many years of going unlicensed beyond Kodansha putting out Chapter 1 at some point. I imagine it'll be a digital only Kodansha release though since January is a bit too swift of a turnaround for print when it's so far unannounced by the publisher!

Fullmetal Alchemist Fullmetal Edition volume 13
That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime volume 17

Bad Boys, Happy Home Vols 1 & 2 SuBLime SHOOWA (story) Hiromasa Okujima (art) I love SHOOWA's work as a mangaka (mostly unavailable in English, sadly, except for a few on Renta) and I kind-of wish they had done the art for this one as well. Nevertheless...
Jealousy Vol. 4 SuBLime Scarlet Beriko
Black and White Vol.1 SuBLime by Sachimo (as I've said before, at last we have Sachimo in a licensed English edition!!).
Boy Meets Maria from Seven Seas by PEYO (I have thoughts on this - a debut in English translation for this talented mangaka who sadly died aged only 23 in 2020).

All in print!

Classroom of the Elite volume 5 (LN)
Kakafukaka volume 6
Snow White with the Red Hair volume 15
Neru: Way of the Martial Artist (complete, WSJ)
Eromanga Sensei volume 7 (JP)
Rent-A-Girlfriend volume 9
Fullmetal Alchemist Full Metal Edition volume 14

Holmes of Kyoto volume 7 (LN)
Mr. Bride volume 4
Anyway, I'm Falling in Love With You volume 1 (dropped) - Rare for me to drop a manga only a volume in, but I just couldn't get on with this one. There are two many characters that aren't fleshed out enough in this vol and the love interest is quite pushy about his advances on the protagonist. It was fine and cute, but at the end of the day, I read way better shoujo series so there's no point in investing time and money into series I don't like.

Der Werwolf: The Annals of Veight volume 13 (LN)
The Emperor's Lady-in-Waiting is Wanted as a Bride volume 3 (LN)
Seirei Gensouki: Spirit Chronicles volume 17 (LN)
If the RPG World Had Social Media (LN, complete)
A Kiss, For Real volume 3
Cooking with Wild Game volume 15 (LN)

Skull-face Bookseller Honda-san vol 4 (complete)
I found this a bit too wordy, especially the last volume where Honda-san had left the bookstore and was just the author doing interviews with various people about the industry instead of funny anecdotes about their time in the bookstore.
The first 3 volumes did have some funny moments, but they had all been adapted for the anime, so I knew them.
Probably another case of getting animated improving it. I was a little confused though as when on occasion the author spoke in the third person the text said 'she' and not 'he' as the VA that played them was male. Hard to tell from the picture on MAL as they have a skull mask on and is only of the head. Could be a translation error, maybe, there was one anecdote about closing the store and when everyone was arriving for the late shift they all said "good morning"?
6/10

The Genius Prince's Guide to Raising a Nation Out of Debt (Hey, How About Treason?) volume 5 (LN)
Mapping: The Trash-Tier Skill That Got Me Into a Top-Tier Party volume 8 (LN, Complete) - A pretty satisfying ending for what it was despite the fact it clearly wasn't supposed to be the end.
Welcome to Japan, Ms. Elf volume 7 (LN)
Koi ni Mudaguchi volume 6 (JP)
Wake up, Sleeping Beauty volume 2/

@D1tchd1gger: I have to agree with you about the 4th volume of Honda-San - to me it felt as if they didn't really have enough material for another volume and were really eking stuff out (slightly desperately). I'd really like to see this mangaka do something else though (I see that she's currently doing an intriguing series...)

@D1tchd1gger: I have to agree with you about the 4th volume of Honda-San - to me it felt as if they didn't really have enough material for another volume and were really eking stuff out (slightly desperately). I'd really like to see this mangaka do something else though (I see that she's currently doing an intriguing series...)
There's a mention at the end of volume 3 that they'd left somewhere around the penultimate chapter, of that volume, but they got the anime adaptation so their editor told them to keep going.

There's a mention at the end of volume 3 that they'd left somewhere around the penultimate chapter, of that volume, but they got the anime adaptation so their editor told them to keep going.
Ah - I'd forgotten. That explains a lot - yet another case of the writer having the 'right' instinct but the editor pushing them to do something else. 😅

School Zone Girls vol 1
A quirky yuri comedy about 2 second year high school girls who have been friends since middle school and may have feelings one another. One's beautiful, but a total airhead and the other is more serious, but still has her moments. There's about 6 other girls in the support cast that all have pretty different personalities.
It's quite funny in places, so I will definitely continue.

Back