What is your opinion on fanservice?

Your opinion on fanservice

• I like it as the way it is, and demand more girls falling over

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, just a pathetic add on

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Plus fan service eps are great for DRINKING GAMES, every time you see panites or bra drink one shot, if you see 'skin' drink 2 shots. lots of funto play with fellow fans

McIcy said:
Plus fan service eps are great for DRINKING GAMES, every time you see panites or bra drink one shot, if you see 'skin' drink 2 shots. lots of funto play with fellow fans
Aww! That sounds wickid! XD I'll have to see if I can do that too. I'd probably go "Kampai!" though and drink.

Chaz said:
McIcy said:
Aww! That sounds wickid! XD I'll have to see if I can do that too. I'd probably go "Kampai!" though and drink.

Add any rules you want to make it more fun, we also do the chan, san game which is where you drink when someones name is mentioned but you get extra shots for how they are addressed

Personally i can't stand fan service, I understand that in the comedy shows it goes well with the humour for people who like it but in shows like Neon Genesis and GitS:SAC it just gets on my nerves, it's not needed and takes the class away from the directing and makes it appear childish.
It's like Matsumoto from Bleach, yeah in Bleach theres a lot of fan service anyway but thats her soul reason and purpose in Bleach and i really can't stand her. I just don't find people getting embarrassed by big tits on the verge of falling out funny at all.
But each to their own i guess.
I like the argument that was brought up by someone who stated that if it was live action would you feel differently towards it, because yes i would depending on what i'm watching if it was something serious then i'd seriously question why on earth the director put that shot in but if it was a comedy i'd gladly stare. I guess its something to do with the fact one's real and the other isn't. I just prefer my anime more mature.
My friend brought round Tenjo Tenge and i couldn't watch it after like 1 episode, killer fight scenes but the fan service was just ridiculous lol.

It depends if it's done tastefully.

If we're talking about something like Najica where panty shots are shown every 30 seconds or less I stop watching - I watch full anime episodes to get into and take the series seriously, which is impossible if it's more of a hentai than anything.

However, if we're talking about something like in Code Geass, where big breasts and VERY rare nekid breast/panty shots are shown, it's all good. I actually like that since (assuming the characters are interesting) you get to like them.

LukasROAR said:
My friend brought round Tenjo Tenge and i couldn't watch it after like 1 episode, killer fight scenes but the fan service was just ridiculous lol.
How ironic... I've just got/watched Ten/Ten, and... I'm sad to admit but I may like this more than Ikki Tousen. :cry:
Plus, the fan service is more suppressed, so shirts dont explode every 5 mins. Means a better story and the atmosphere of it it superior to Ikki Tousen.

McIcy said:

I'll have to try that watching GANTZ, though I'll probably end up dying of liver failure :lol:

Back