What Games Are You Playing?

It is in there. You have to unlock it by buying stuff for the camp. I think it was $300.
Plus trains and carriages, although those cost money.
I should have specified fast travel that wasn’t one way and very hidden. I unlocked that early on and used it once. In the first game you could do it anywhere using the campfire. Why they jettisoned this feature I don’t know.

I should have specified fast travel that wasn’t one way and very hidden. I unlocked that early on and used it once. In the first game you could do it anywhere using the campfire. Why they jettisoned this feature I don’t know.
I have friends who've complained about it as well, but I haven't done enough story missions to experience the problem. I'm still on chapter 2 even though I must have played it for at least 30 odd hours! I'm the sort who wouldn't use fast travel much in Skyrim though so I'm not sure it'll bother me much.

I have friends who've complained about it as well, but I haven't done enough story missions to experience the problem. I'm still on chapter 2 even though I must have played it for at least 30 odd hours! I'm the sort who wouldn't use fast travel much in Skyrim though so I'm not sure it'll bother me much.
It only becomes bothersome when you need to get to a sidequest or animal or collectible on the other side of the map. The occasional trek isn’t too bad but after 100 odd hours of gameplay it adds up.

I never used fast travel in Skyrim, fast travel is for wimps 😏

I replayed and completed Grand Theft Auto: Vice City. It’s one of my all time favourite titles but oh boy does the PS4 port have some issues sometimes. For instance the police in the game were far more ferocious than prior playthroughs, which made some missions a real pain to deal with. There were also numerous glitches that hadn’t occurred the first time I played the PS4 port.

Maybe it was just a one off and my next play through will be less of a pain, though I might just dig out the PS2 next time. 4.5/5 (The Game), 3/5 (This playthrough)

For the first time in my life since my short-lived youthful flirtation with an original Game Boy, I am actually enjoying mobile gaming. I have discovered Frotz for iOS. Fantastic.

I don't remember Anchorhead being this confusing to navigate. I'm going to have to draw a map.

Been trying various VR games with my recently purchased PSVR and also Fallout 76. Couple of the VR games i already finished.

Here They Lie - This one was the first one i tried and it's good place to start because it doesn't do anything crazy but it seems to take much more use out of VR than most games so far. It's not a good game but as VR experience it was very impressive. I got hit by the jump scares hard twice early on and found new kind of screeches out of myself. Sadly the game seases to be scary after 1-2 hours.

Until Dawn: Rush Of Blood - This one was pretty mediocre railshooter that doesn't really offer any replay value because you don't unlock anything in this game. It's still alright and at least the portions where the rollercoaster goes fast are really nice. Otherwise it doesn't really impress much as a vr game (being able to look around by tilting head is always nice though)

American Dream - This seems to be favorite of many VR gamers but it got really tedious towards the end and the humor wasn't really doing much for me most of the time. It does use move controllers in funny ways ocassionally but most of the time you are just sitting on your chair doing nothing but listening the commentary and that's not exactly thrilling unless you really dig the humor of it. Doesn't impress as VR experience.

Battlezone -
This one i wouldn't even call VR game because you can play it without VR and i personally think it's better that way because it seems like the vr mode was tacked on and add's really nothing. This could be fun in group but it was clearly not designed for singleplayer and can be really frustrating even on easy.

Farpoint - This and the next game are what i tried most recently (last night) This is a FPS with a interesting new controlling scheme. Instead of aiming with sticks you instead of move the dualshock controller around (tracks the light) It actually does work well and adds a unique feel to this otherwise "corridor shooter". It does seem like this game is rather short but you die really easily which is the games way to extend gameplay time. Interestingly enough though this is actually rather fast paced game and i would say that this has more faster action than latest doom. VR effects wise this game is disappointment though.

Superhot - This one might end up being one of the best VR games there is.To those that don't know this is a First Person Action/"puzzle" game where your character stand still but you can move your body around matrix style. Time is frozen in the game when you stay still but if you move your hands and body then the enemies move. Your goal is to kill all the enemies by using the tools near you. It's fun to crouch, grab a gun and the swing your body to avoid your enemies bullets and spray your enemies with uzi. . You don't just use cans. You can also throw items at enemies and use your fists. Personally i really like this sort of games where your body is a controller but these aren't for everyone. Sadly it kinda sounded that this game is really short which is a shame because it's pretty awesome. Just make sure that you have lot of room while playing it because i managed to hit couple of things because i moved so much,

And that's that. I could write about Fallout 76 but i'm kinda tired of saying that the reviews it's been getting are ridicilous. It is buggy and it does crash at times on PS4 but it's not a unplayable mess that lot of the reviews make it sound like.

So it's been a while. I have been playing a few games but I only considered one of them for the 'Completed Game' slot.

Played Game #1:
Persona 4: Dancing All Night
[PlayStation 4]
Thanks to a fellow forum member I was able to play through the PS4 version of this game. I did finish the story campaign but I have yet to acquire all of the trophies in the game. It is doable but I just need some time to translate the trophies and figure out a layout on how to get each one. P4D is an easy Platinum after all.

Played Game #2:
Shikhondo: Soul Eater
[PlayStation 4]
The first Asian English title for my collection and I had a go through one of the campaign modes. Before playing this I never really understood how so many people can dodge all of these bullets, then I realised that the only way you actually get damaged is from a small point at the center of your character. That's insane. The game has style and I recommend it.

Played Game #3:
Star Ocean: Til the End of Time
[PlayStation 4]
Despite owning Star Ocean V, this game is actually my first time playing through the franchise and so far I really enjoying it. It is quite slow paced but the combat is very interesting. You basically don't earn much XP however if you fill a bar on the top right of your screen you will unlock bonuses including Triple XP which is very useful if you need to level up fast. This is quite a long RPG so I may hold it off a bit to get other games out of the way, but I'll definitely finish through it in 2019.

GOW41.jpg

Completed Game #28:
God of War
[PlayStation 4]

BOI. This game is really good. The fourth main installment in the franchise is the first in a new saga - Norse mythology. Now I know many have said you can jump right into this game without playing through the others, however I feel it is a much better experience if you do play through the others because there are reference and plot elements referring to Kratos' previous adventures and you can feel that sort of impact it had on him trying to make sure his son doesn't go through the same fate.

Now what are the main differences between the previous ones and this one? A fair amount. We know have a third person camera perspective instead of a birds eye view style, and the combat is still hack n slash but with a twist - A BOOMERANG AXE. You also have RPG elements with this game by leveling up your weapons, equipment and also BOI's abilities. The abilities does help out a lot especially during boss fights and while Spartan Rage does make a return it's not as OP as it were in the previous games. The gameplay is also a mix between linear and open-world compared to the previous installments, which adds a new change of pace for the franchise especially with some pretty cool collectibles that you can discover. The puzzles do make a return and they're fun to go through especially with the CRN chests.

The story is really interesting and sets up a lot of what you can expect for the next trilogy. The boss fights in this game are good but they're not as insane as the earlier installments but the fights between Kratos and the Stranger are the highlights as they are really cool to play through. Another notable mention is the music, they have stepped it up with a pretty solid soundtrack. Now overall I do think this game deserves the game of the year award, but I feel it could have a bit more to the boss fights and pacing since it was quite slow at the beginning. Once you level up it does get better but at times I do feel it could go a lot faster, at least you don't have ridiculously stupid enemies auto-killing you like with the previous installments where you had those Medusa enemies.

Trophies are reportedly really easy to acquire and there are no difficulty level trophies this time around.

My backlog so far:
Nintendo 3DS:
Senran Kagura 2: Deep Crimson
Tales of the Abyss

PlayStation 3:
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow
Catherine
Dragon's Crown
Drakengard 3
Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 2
El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron

Eternal Sonata
Folklore
Jak & Daxter: The Precursor Legacy
Jak II
Jak 3

Lollipop Chainsaw
Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
Persona 4 Arena Ultimax
Ratchet & Clank *New*
Ratchet & Clank 2 *New*
Ratchet & Clank 3 *New*
Sengoku Basara: Samurai Heroes
Sly Cooper *New*
Sly 2 *New*
Sly 3 *New*
Soul Calibur V
Tales of Xillia 2
Tears to Tiara II: Heir of the Overlord
White Knight Chronicles
White Knight Chronicles II

PlayStation 4:
Akiba's Trip: Undead & Undressed
Chaos;Child
Dead or Alive 5 Last Round
Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 Fortune *New*
Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition
Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth
Fate/Extella: The Umbral Star
Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster
Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age
Gal*Gun: Double Peace
Guilty Gear Xrd -REVELATOR-

.hack//G.U. Vol.1: Rebirth
.hack//G.U. Vol.2: Reminisce
.hack//G.U. Vol.3: Redemption
.hack//G.U. Vol.4: Reconnection
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Eyes of Heaven
New Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony
Senran Kagura Peach Beach Splash!
Shining Resonance: Refrain *New*
Star Ocean V: Integrity and Faithlessness
Tales of Zestiria
Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception
Utawarerumono: Mask of Truth
Yakuza 0
Yakuza Kiwami
Yakuza Kiwami 2
Ys Origin
Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana
Zero Escape: The Nonary Games 1: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors
Zero Escape: The Nonary Games 2: Virtue's Last Reward
Zero Escape: Zero Time Dilemma

PlayStation Vita:
Bullet Girls
Demon Gaze
Freedom Wars
Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart
Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 1
Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 2
Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 3
Hyperdimension Neptunia U: Action Unleashed
MegaTagmension Blanc + Neptune VS Zombies
Muv-Luv
Muv-Luv Alternative *New*
Superdimension Neptune vs SEGA Hard Girls
Valkyrie Drive Bhikkhuni

Steam:
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky First Chapter
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky Second Chapter
Ys Chronicles I
Ys Chronicles II

Completed Games Collection of 2018:
  • #01 | Yakuza: Dead Souls (PS3)
  • #02 | Saints Row 2 (PS3)
  • #03 | Sengoku Basara HD (PS3)
  • #04 | Sengoku Basara 2 HD (PS3)
  • #05 | Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number (PS4)
  • #06 | Corpse Party: BloodCovered Repeated Fear (Vita)
  • #07 | Corpse Party: Book of Shadows (Vita)
  • #08 | Corpse Party: Blood Drive (Vita)
  • #09 | Soul Sacrifice (Vita)
  • #10 | Persona 5 (PS4)
  • #11 | Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai DX (3DS)
  • #12 | Hatsune Miku: Project Diva Arcade Future Tone (English Version) (PS4)
  • #13 | Mobile Suit Gundam Side Stories (PS3)
  • #14 | Strider Hiryu (PS3)
  • #15 | God of War Ascension (PS3)
  • #16 | Heavenly Sword (PS3)
  • #17 | Far Cry 3 (PS3)
  • #18 | Mafia II (PS3)
  • #19 | Kingdom Hearts Final Mix (PS4)
  • #20 | Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories (PS4)
  • #21 | Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix (PS4)
  • #22 | Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix (PS4)
  • #23 | Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker HD (PS3)
  • #24 | Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance HD (PS4)
  • #25 | Kingdom Hearts 0.2 Birth By Sleep A Fragmentary Passage (PS4)
  • #26 | God of War III Remastered (PS4)
  • #27 | ZONE OF THE ENDERS The 2nd RUNNER: M∀RS (PS4)
  • #28 | God of War (PS4)

Black - PlayStation 3 / Blue - PlayStation 4 / Red - PlayStation Vita / Purple - Nintendo 3DS

Platinum Trophy Collection:
#01 | 2014 | PS3 - Saints Row: The Third (+ All DLC)
#02 | 2015 | PS3 - JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All Star Battle
#03 | 2015 | PS3 - Hyperdimension Neptunia
#04 | 2015 | Vita - Dekamori Senran Kagura
#05 | 2015 | PS3 - Steins;Gate
#06 | 2015 | PS3 - NieR
#07 | 2015 | PS3 - No More Heroes: Heroes' Paradise
#08 | 2015 | PS3 - Asura's Wrath (DLC Trophies not acquired)
#09 | 2015 | PS3 - Saints Row IV (DLC Trophies not acquired)
#10 | 2015 | PS3 - The Darkness II
#11 | 2016 | PS3 - Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2
#12 | 2016 | PS3 - Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater HD
#13 | 2016 | Vita - Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus
#14 | 2016 | Vita - Gravity Rush (DLC Trophies not acquired)
#15 | 2016 | PS3 - Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory
#16 | 2016 | PS4 - Resogun
#17 | 2016 | Vita - Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls
#18 | 2016 | PS4 - Game of Thrones: A Telltale Game
#19 | 2017 | Vita - Miracle Girls Festival
#20 | 2017 | PS4 - Senran Kagura Estival Versus
#21 | 2017 | PS4 - The Wolf Among Us
#22 | 2017 | PS4 - Final Fantasy XV (DLC Trophies not acquired)
#23 | 2017 | PS4 - Amplitude
#24 | 2017 | PS4 - Root Letter
#25 | 2017 | Vita - IA/VT -Colorful-
#26 | 2017 | Vita - Persona 4: Dancing All Night
#27 | 2017 | PS4 - Gravity Rush Remastered
#28 | 2017 | PS4 - NieR: Automata
#29 | 2017 | PS4 - The Silver Case HD
#30 | 2017 | PS4 - Steins;Gate 0
#31 | 2017 | PS3 - Under Defeat HD
#32 | 2017 | PS4 - Tales from the Borderlands
#33 | 2017 | PS3 - Dragon Ball Z Budokai HD Collection
#34 | 2017 | PS4 - Life is Strange
#35 | 2017 | PS4 - Sword Art Online: Lost Song
#36 | 2017 | PS4 - Crash Bandicoot HD
#37 | 2017 | PS4 - Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back HD
#38 | 2017 | PS4 - Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped HD
#39 | 2017 | PS4 - Final Fantasy Type-0 HD
#40 | 2018 | Vita - Corpse Party: Blood Drive
#41 | 2018 | PS4 - Persona 5

Got myself a Nintendo Switch just last week so I've just been playing Mario Kart 8 Deluxe which came bundled with it, will probably venture into some other games soon too hopefully.

Except the later valkyries aren't easy even on easy and then there is that awful random dungeon you have to go through dozens of times (i think)

BTW: One thing i forgot to mention about american dream that it's really buggy. I had to start several chapters from the beginning (no mid saving) because the game glitched and refused to move forward. Really frustrating in a game like this.

Last edited:
Been playing a little Pokemon Let's go Eevee! today just finished doing Silph co and getting the Master Ball.Enjoyable game although I do think the Pokemon Battle animations are rather lazy(e.g..double kick)

I’ve been sucked into another playthrough of Breath of the Wild. Handheld mode is especially comfy as I can watch TV and collect Korok seeds at the same time. It feels less time consuming than it is.

I've been supplementing my daily dose of Smash Ultimate with some Xenoblade Chronicles 2.

I know that by this point, it's a meme to wish for every single game in history to get a Switch release...but I really hope the previous two games get a Switch release. No rush though, because I've barely scratched the surface of this one!

Back