What Games Are You Playing?

I enjoyed what I played of Hollo Fragment but had a big issue with the loading times as well as some of the mechanics - chiefly that I quickly over leveled way beyond my party members, so when I came up against a particular boss, the boss would kill my companion resulting in an instant game over.

Overwatch...yup, I'm back on it for the Halloween event to get me that Witch Mercy skin and then I can go back to ignoring it lol good thing is you can use your in game gold to buy them now, albeit at a much higher price than usual.

I've also been playing some Dark Souls 3 again as I need to get to a good point for the DLC coming out, just running through it as fast as I can though.

Grinding again through the last two arcs of J Stars on PS3 for the Platinum. Just finished Toriko's now just have Ichigo's left. Not alot of fun at this point but not too bad whilst listening to the Bombcast mixlr.

CupoO_OWcAAbK1A.jpg

Tried out the PlayStation VR headset at my university*. It's an interesting headset and it's actually pretty comfortable, however the quality itself can be a bit blurry and at times isn't the best resolution. The Shark demo was the one I tried and it's really cool to see the water all around you at 360 degrees all over. The shark itself honestly didn't scare me until the cage got complete ripped off.

Is it worth paying £350 for? Honestly no but it is a cool device.

*One of my final year modules is to make a game for PlayStation 4 with optional PlayStation VR added to it. We may not reach the VR level but if we can get the main game finished then it's possible.

Finally got the Platinum in J-Stars Victory VS+, that was a really grueling grind through those other three story runs but I got there in the end.

Is anyone planning on getting Root Letter? I love the look of the visuals, but I'm kinda cautious as from the trailers, it looked like it was quite interactive mechanic heavy for a visual novel - more in common with the likes of Danganronpa / Zero Escape in terms of having to find clues etc / interrogate people - which I'm always rubbish at! (It puts me on edge, ha!)

Sat on the main menu of Shadow Warrior 2 (PC) waiting for my mate to join and I am LOVING the music. It sounds like it's ripped straight out of Ghost in the Shell.

Currently knee deep in Azure Striker Gunvolt's steam release and I think I get what Inti Creates is trying to do with the Megaman Forumla.

It's been a subtle evoluton since the start of the Megaman Zero days but the focus on Kudos (DMC like style points) sort of makes things blantant. It's not about clearing the stage (though there's a fair bit of that to be done, yes) but clearing the stage well and under diffrent conditions (The Optional Challenges).

Heck you can see it in their two Megaman games (9 and 10) with the time attack and survial modes.

That said, tragic backstory aside, I can't help but see GV as a massive dork who probably chose his codename because it was teh hardcore teenager thing to do.

How are you finding the story so far? I really enjoyed the freedom that ALBW gave us but it felt like that because of the fact you could easily choose where to go next that the story really suffered - to the point where I felt like there was little to no story in the middle. ^^;

I loved it. Finished it now. completed it relatively quickly mind you, about 8-9 hours gameplay and nearly 100% complete. But it was really nice. I can agree the story felt a little off by the fact you could do it all at anytime, however it wasn't too detracting. I like the old idea of earning the items progressively i will admit, and that would've been nice to have in there bar the...2 items you get that way? But it still did a good job for what it is. So nostalgic too with the themes and vibes of A Link to the Past. High recommended though, but the story could've been slightly more.

so i finished witcher 3 and its dlc content lately

never knew i'd have be that involved in the gwent minigame, but goddammit completing my card collection felt so good!

oh and geralt had sex several times, one time on a unicorn, but none of that felt as compelling as going around a war-torn country fleecing rare trading cards off people

I'm sure there's at least one moment where you have to choose between an optional sex scene and more Gwent cards (though I think they actually changed it a bit or it was a bug). I wonder how many people would have expected to be choosing one before they started then ended up choosing the other by the time they're that invested in the game.

I had my Geralt stick to one partner, though not the one I was originally expecting to go for. There's some really nicely written stuff between all the Gwent playing.

I have to admit, I'm slightly disappointed that you couldn't challenge the major enemy to a game of Gwent instead of a fight.

Currently playing Dragon Quest Builders on PS4. Played the demo for about an hour and thought it was great fun so bought the full game. I never quite got the allure of Minecraft, as I’m not one to just make of a game what I want, but this is equal parts minecraft and equal parts RPG. I like the structured approach and the quests in the game as it gives me something to work to, rather than just leaving me to my own devices like Minecraft would.

Love the visuals, good user interface for building.

I'm currently playing Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel. I'm loving it. The game play is easy but the best thing about it is the dialogue. It has me laughing and its a very enjoyable game indeed. I would highly recommend it.

Congratz on another plat Rena!

I re-subbed to Final Fantasy XIV because of the Stormblood expansion teaser trailer so I've been playing that now and again. It's still the only MMO I've ever really enjoyed, not sure if it's because it's a good MMO or if it's because it's Final Fantasy and feels familiar to me.

Today however I've been playing the Dark Souls 3 dlc, it's been pretty disappointing thus far tbh. That's not to say it's bad but the souls games so far have had incredible dlc (Artorias of the Abyss is probably the best DLC I've ever played) but this one feels pretty mediocre and it's somewhat lacking in content from what I hear. Kinda wish they did what they did with Bloodborne and just waited and released both planned DLC at once....

Been playing FIFA 17. It's a football game... not much else to say.

Also started playing Civilization 5. It's a ridiculously addictive game. Seeing Ghandi spread his message of peace, love and worldwide nuclear warfare is a sight to behold. It's amazing how much the game changes based on what Civilization you choose.

Also bought the Telltale games bundle. Started The Walking Dead, and it's been pretty good. Obviously, some moments have left me scratching my head, but there are several moments where I can see why it's so well received. Episode 2 was a particular highlight. Couldn't watch the bear trap scene.

Been playing Batman return to Arkham. Completed Arkham Asylum now onto Arkham City. Really enjoying the return to 2 really great games from last gen.

Back