What Games Are You Playing?

i was able to dig up my almost decade-old copy of oblivion, and downloaded the official dlcs

must admit, i kinda miss one-shotting everything i see with a lightning bolt while sporting some heavy armor

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking, I'm certainly enjoying the game enough to be interested in the franchise as a whole. Though I'll be replaying Origins a few times for achievements before moving on.

Cool. It is a good series, excluding 2, but Inquisition is almost has good as Origins. :p

You'd probably like Dragon's Dogma. It's very similar, except dragon fights in Dogma are excellent.

I battered through the first episode of Telltale's Batman (and loved it) - it inspired me to get back onto Arkham Knight and finally beat a bit I got stuck on...and now I'm stuck again. Haha.

Cool. It is a good series, excluding 2, but Inquisition is almost has good as Origins. :p

You'd probably like Dragon's Dogma. It's very similar, except dragon fights in Dogma are excellent.
Sounds interesting. I've just done my first dragon fight against Flemeth in Origins and it was a bit rubbish, it didn't even fly anywhere. Maybe I was spoiled by Skyrim in that regard, so if Dogma can do better then I'll take a look, thanks for the recommendation.

I freaking loved Dragon's Dogma, it was a bit easier than I would have liked but it was so damn fun. I remember killing that damn Ur Dragon (online dragon with insane health that took like a week of everyone online fighting to kill, and only a few got to actually kill it and get the rewrads) and getting the crazy armor, followed by a bajillion msgs from people asking me to dupe it for them, ended up putting it on my pawn in the end lol man just thinking about it makes me really wanna play the PC version at some point.

Anyway, I'm still playing Overwatch as I try to get this god damn Tracer skin...I've had the D'va one 3 times, both Zarya skins (one twice) and one of the Lucio skins, and while I like all of them, still no Tracer with the Union Flag skin >_> I swear if I don't have this by the end of the event I'll just keep buying crates till I get it lol funny thing is, I don't even play Tracer lol.

Just before I head off to Center Parcs tomorrow I decided to pickup two Telltale titles from PSN while they were on sale. I've finished the first chapter for both of them.

Game of Thrones
This is set during the events of the Red Wedding (Season 3 Episode 9). It's a pretty solid introduction and it gives a good perspective on what happens next.

The Wolf Among Us
Great introduction to the series. I love the dialogue choices in this game and the artstyle looks cool. The fight scene was also interesting to interact (as you can choose how the fight turns out).

I have the Season Passes for both of these titles so I'll be able to finish them when I can. To my surprise these two are also easy Platinums but not that many have acquired them, especially with Game of Thrones since the percentage got lower and lower each episode.

Pokémon Alpha Sapphire - While I've been slowly plugging away at the game for months, I recently started playing it again on a semi-regular basis and making decent progress. Just hit Fortree City. ^^

Tales of Zesteria (PS4) - While my playthrough has been on hold for a month and a half due to PS4 save data being region locked (had been visiting with @Demelza and @Teapot in the UK until just recently), I'm eager to dive back into Zesteria ASAP. Currently saved within the fire trial, which I've been told is only about a quarter of the way into the game - but I'm getting there! Not being able to play while on vacation was cruel and unusual torture (why region lock save files, Sony? D:<), made worse by the fact that I've been following the Anime series. Salt into wounds. </3

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva X (PS4 Demo) - I'll count it! Playing the demo is just making me more eager to play the full game. I can't wait for it to finally release. :D

Last edited:
Been playing Alan Wake over the past 4 days or so, just about to start the final non-DLC episode. Very good game, looking forward to seeing where they go with the story in the finale.

Here's a query I know Rui will be able to help me with. Are there any good newish Dynasty Warriors game, or even DW type games that Koei are so make so superlatively? Or just anything of that type, and I don't mean the violence of those games, I mere more the charm, that certain je nes sais qua.

I'm going through a crisis right now, actually, the astute might have noticed I was always in one, and I intend to not just retreat into beard, but also into childhood favourite games, in true manchild style. I'm eagerly awaiting the King Of Fighters, which I consider an all time favourite series of mine, even though I've probably barely played it more than an hour in my life, but that will change soon! I'll also be cracking out Metal Slug Anthology, which I hope I need not even speak on. The only game deaerer to me than Metal Slug 2 is Shenmue. Although I wish the goons would spill water instead of blood like they did on the arcade version I fell in love with all those years ago.

Suggestions for comfort gaming anyone?

Here's a query I know Rui will be able to help me with. Are there any good newish Dynasty Warriors game, or even DW type games that Koei are so make so superlatively? Or just anything of that type, and I don't mean the violence of those games, I mere more the charm, that certain je nes sais qua.

I'm not sure where you got up to with the series! The Warriors Orochi titles are always great for some simplistic (story-wise) old fashioned fun - new one when? I think you'll have to go back to the earlier ones if you want the charm of the wooden dubbing though, as while I don't play with the dubs myself later titles have tended to either try a bit harder to take themselves seriously or come out sub-only.

R

Maybe 4 maybe 5? I never played any of them past the PS2 era. Hmm, I was going write a long post a few weeks ago detailing how the happiest moment in my life was on a Friday before half term when I bought a copy of DW Extreme Legends 3 from Game in Brent Cross. But I then realised I have had a few more meaningful moments of happiness then just that. Still the combination of no school+ new DW made that one heck of moment.

How did you know I was a fan of woodern dubbing though!!? Was it my status as the forums no.1 Shenmue nut? I get so mad when people say Shenmue's voice acting is bad. Corey Marshall's Ryo is the definition of good wood, but they're all good.

Thanks, I'll try and scoop up Warrior Orochi when I can! I don't care about how new anything is

Finished chapter 1 of Paper Mario, this is my first time playing it, and I already adore it.

Backlog blitz time, and it's Steins;Gate for Vita. I finally got round to playing more despite owning the game for over a year.
Big Steins;Gate's spoilers below
Got Suzuha's ending during my first playthrough, going to play though it again and see if there any more chapters after 6 lol

So during the holidays and the past few days I have put my time towards my latest Vita purchase.

jP4Jtzg.gif

*Using Danganronpa anime gif because why not*

Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls is the third instalment in the series, though a spin-off this time around (but knowledge of the first two games are required). This game goes into a third person shooter style direction and it does a good job at all, not amazing, but an interesting approach overall. The story this time around is pretty solid, but a lot of the time it can be rather forgettable which is a shame considering the first two games had a fantastic story to go with them (well they are visual novels so there's plenty of time put into it). The outcome of this game does pay off pretty well and also resolves quite a few interesting plot points that this franchise has offered since the first game.

The gameplay does a good job trying to be different while also being part of the Danganronpa franchise. The controls are doable, the aiming will become a pain due to how difficult aiming the weak points are, but the difficulty is not that hard even on Normal which is good. The boss fights are a lot of fun, especially with the final one as it takes advantage of all the skills you learn from the weapon you have. The animation is a mixbag but it's above average as a whole. I like the 2D cutscenes while the 3D ones are a mix between good and average. Despite being a TPS there is a lot of cutscenes in this game and they all add to the main story and lore of the series.

My main issues with this game is pretty much the handling of the weapon and controls. Using the Aimlock is highly avoided because it will cause too many problems and will likely K.O. you thanks to how annoying it can be. And while you can change the camera, it can be a pain when you have to run away and then turn around instantly to try and get a good shot. The aiming as a whole is pretty much my main concern due to the speed of the camera. The story does have some issues and can be considered a standalone title but it does have elements of the main two titles so you will want to play those otherwise you'll be spoiled quite a fair amount.

Overall this is a good instalment to the series and worth a slot in your collection. I would recommend that you either get this on a sale or find a retail copy at around the £15-20 price point. The game will take you about 18 hours to complete (and this was with me searching for the collectibles). In terms of trophy difficulty this is pretty easy and as such I managed to acquire a platinum trophy. There are no missable trophies but I do recommend that you save your Monocoins up to around 14,000 to make the trophy completion much easier. The game is also English audio only but you can download the Japanese audio for free.

Rating: B
Platform: PlayStation Vita (+ Vita TV compatible)

As an added bonus here's the Danganronpa order that you should use in order to experience the franchise in the best way possible:
  1. Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc [game] - PSVita, Steam
  2. Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair [game] - PSVita, Steam
    1. Danganronpa IF [novel] - bundled with DR2 after completing the story (optional)
  3. Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls [game] - PSVita
    1. Ultra Despair Hagakure [novel] - bundled with DAE after completing the story (optional)
  4. Danganronpa 3: The End of Hope's Peak High School: Future/Despair arc [anime] - FuniNow
  5. New Danganronpa V3 [game] - (Standalone series, knowledge of previous titles not needed)

Finished Alan Wake and its DLC, another great Rememdy game, will likely pick up Quantum Break on PC soon.

Started Shadow of Mordor on my PC and it looks fantastic. An Assassins Creed in Middle Earth, yes please. Nemesis systems is good, but combat is a bit too easy at times.

In stark contrast to the last 2 games, I have also rekindled my love of Nep-Nep with Neptunia Rebirth 3 on my PC too. After a 12 month hiatus from the series, I am back (played rebirth 1, hyperdevotion noire and Action Unleashed last year on my Vita, skipped over rebirth 2 though....) and the characters are just as fun as I remember. Gameplay is simple yet enjoyable, and the interactions between characters are as humorous and compelling as ever.

The Megatagmension Zombie spin off is coming to steam later this year too, something to look forward to!

Figured I'll go through some Game of Thrones.

I've finished the first episode and the story has taken a pretty interesting direction. Here's the results of the choices I made:
Left Bowen behind. [34.2%]
Swore Loyalty to Margaery. [37.6%]
Freed Erik. [48.6%]
Picked Duncan as Sentinel. [69.1%]
Met Ramsay in the Great Hall. [50.1%]

Well, as the event rolls to its end, I didn't acquire the Tracer skin is so coveted in Overwatch....Pretty annoying tbh, I did plan on just buying 50 boxes if I didn't have it by the end of the event but then I actually thought about how stupid that is and really is only feeding Blizzards manipulative loot box BS. I mean I could drop £30ish on those boxes and still not get the only thing I actually wanted. It's only skins so in the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter (I don't even play Tracer) but I should have been able to buy it with my in game gold.

Anyhoo, also fired up Dark Souls 3 again as there is an announcement coming on the 24th and I'm hoping it's the first DLC trailer. I'm kinda in a odd spot on my current playthrough so gonna run threw it as fast as I can to get into another new game for the DLC arriving.

Well if it makes you feel any better when I first put it on I was standing outside a boss gate (Dragonslayer Armour) so thought "Oh, I'll just stick my sign down and help someone fight him to get back into it", got summoned, walked in and got one shotted lol I love the Souls games for moments like that though, it's the only set of games that can keep killing me but still not frustrate me.

Last edited:
Finished Episode 2 of Game of Thrones. Here's the results of the choices I made:
Didn't forge Margaery's letter. [76%]
Kissed Lord Whitehill's ring. [29.8%]
Lost Rodrik's betrothal to Elaena Glenmore. [51.8%]
Stood up for Cotter after he stole Finn's knife. [95.5%]
Killed Mira's attacker. [90.7%]

Back