What Games Are You Playing?

Arbalest said:
How are you finding the organisation battles and the secret boss of FM+? i found them pretty challenging on the PS2 FM+, but i don't know if they rebalanced them or not for the PS3 remaster
I also have a physical import of KH2FM+ and I can tell you nothing has changed. I've done everything 100% except the gummi missions now.
The "Secret Boss" can still be looped. Axel can still be looped with Reflect and Blizzaga spam. Final Form and Firaga can still be used to Break certain data fights like Zexion. All these techniques still work.
The only thing that's changed is the Loading times as well as the time taken to change forms which have increased quite a bit, although form change loading can be bypassed by pausing the game for a few seconds.

Rena Ryuugu said:
Pokemon ORAS demo

So good <3

I'm in the middle of downloading it. Hurry up little 3DS! Can't wait. I wasn't planning on using it until I read the email saying about moving stuff to the main game from it then I was intrigued.

Rena Ryuugu said:
Pokemon ORAS demo

So good <3

Tempted to get this, but almost a bit scared too, as I have very fond memories of the originals - I know a lot of people see them in a bad light compared to RBY etc. but for me, Ruby/Saphire were 'my' Pokemon generation and the one I put the most hours into.

It's great they're getting a second go in the spotlight though. Groudon FTW.

Lutga said:
Rena Ryuugu said:
Pokemon ORAS demo

So good <3

Tempted to get this, but almost a bit scared too, as I have very fond memories of the originals - I know a lot of people see them in a bad light compared to RBY etc. but for me, Ruby/Saphire were 'my' Pokemon generation and the one I put the most hours into.

It's great they're getting a second go in the spotlight though. Groudon FTW.

I get how you feel about this. Ruby/Sapphire has long remained my favourite generation too, but with all the footage I've seen so far etc. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Lego: The Hobbit (PS4)

Absolutely adored this game. Looked and sounded great on the PS4 and really is a fantastic representation of Middle Earth. I only every played Lego LOTR on the Vita so never got to experience the open world, but I loved it. So much to see and do and unlock. I really enjoy these Lego games, simple fun and easy to play, quite therapeutic really. It only took me a week to 100% it but the experience was fantastic.

I've just bought Lego Marvel but wont start that for a while as I don't want to burn out on Lego.

Finished FF XIII: Lightning Returns, good game once you get the hang of the battle system. Not a classic by any means but still good.

Now starting Forza Horizon 2 (360 version). I enjoyed the first game so I've been looking forward to this.

What are the big titles people are looking forward to in November and December?

For me, usually, it would have been COD - but the last one left me feeling really cold. I don't plough as many hours into the online mode as I used to, and the campaigns barely keep me occupied for 8 hours, if that.

It's got to be the new AC I'm looking forward to most, I reckon - Black Flag hooked me for ages, it just felt like it had so much content to offer in it.

I'm looking forward to WWE 2K15. It seems like 2K has really gone all out this year to try and shake things up, after years of stagnation under the Yukes/THQ partnership.

Aside from that, I might check out GTA V. Didn't bother with it on PS3 as I figured there'd be a version for the new consoles eventually.

Hoping that more info on Star Wars Battlefront and MGS: Phantom Pain might come out over the next couple of months, those are the two 2015 titles that I cannot wait for!

Will definitely be grabbing GTA as I missed the original PS3 release as my PS3 had broken by that point.

And yeah, MGS is definitely a sure shot too - Ground Zeroes brought all my memories of spending hours on MGS2 flooding back - gameplay felt very slick and enjoyable too.

Tales of Hearts R (Vita), Far Cry 4, and Dragon Age Inquisition are what I'm considering between now and the end of the year. Maybe GTA V as well (played for 20 hours on 360 then decided to sell while it still had value and wait for the inevitable enhanced version). Lords of the Fallen looks interesting.

I'm looking forward to Tales of Heart R and Senran Kagura Bon Appetit for Vita, 3DS wise Pokemon ORAS and Persona Q, and for PS3, Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 Remix.

After taking a couple week break from it, I went back and finished child of light over the past few days. Thoroughly enjoyed this game. Beautiful visuals and score and the combat and general game play just made for a great package.

With regards to titles between now and the end of the year, I don't think I'll be buying any, maybe costume quest 2 if it comes out next week.

If I see an offer on shadow of mordor or Lords of the fallen then I might be tempted.

Finished the main story of Shadow of Mordor, but currently playing Divinity 2: Director's Cut. Should get back to Assasin's Creed: Black Flag at some point.

Would love to play WWE 2k15 and DA: Inquisition, but I ain't paying £50 for a new game!! £40 was a stretch, but this age of gaming is growing increasingly expensive/impossible!

Playing the following over the past few weeks:
Dynasty Warriors: Gundam Reborn (PS3)
Playing cooperatively with a friend, we pretty much completed the main story (the Official Mode) on Hard difficulty which is actually pretty easy but the bosses do take out your health at times. We haven't properly started the Ultimate Mode yet due to Uni coursework appearing.

Mobile Suit Gundam: Extreme Vs. (PS3)
It's like a combination of Arcade, J-Stars Victory Versus with Gundam skins and a ridiculously tough AI. The controls are pretty tough but it can get a bit used to after a while. The only annoyance I have is blocking which if you don't block you will take a huge amount of damage. Not sure about the Linkin Park song appearing in the main menu though (no hate for the band it's just weird to hear a song for this type of game).

Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus (Vita)
Much better than the 3DS game surprisingly, the fan service is very rapid in this game. Only focusing on the character missions before going straight into the main storyline and so far Asuka, Ikaruga and Katsuragi are the only three of five girls in the main group I have finished so far.

Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc (Vita)
Finished the Prologue, I like some of the characters (the pop singer, programmer, baseball guy and swimming athlete for instance) but chances are it's not going to end well. Monokuma is unbearable (yes I made a pun).

Back