What Games Are You Playing?

Continuing Beyond Two Souls with the Bro. He got a second motion controller on Monday night so we didn't have to keep handing over the one controller to be Jodie and Aiden. Wahoooooo. I really like the game, I can't wait to find out more about Aiden. I heart Defoe big time. I'm about mid way through the Navaho part so I'm not sure how long I have left on the game. I'm going to need to play more like it ASAP. Thankfully The Walking Dead Season 2 Episode 5 should be due out soon since Telltale posted about an eventual trailer :)

Beyond Two Souls is a great interactive adventure. You're about halfway through the story (it takes 10 hours to finish the game from start to finish apparently, you're just around the 5 hour point I think).

Ah wonderful news. Nothing worse than getting into something to find you're near the end of it. I hope Hakuoki doesn't do that to me! :p

It's arrived today so I'll probably fit that in starting tomorrow or the weekend.

NormanicGrav said:
I've been playing around with the Vita for a day, here's a summary of what I've done:

- I decided to not download Modnation Racers: Road Trip, MotorStorm RC, Top Darts, Table top tank & Table mini golf. They were basically shovelware or disappointing.
- I kept the PSP games since they don't affect the Trophies and I wanted to have one of these at some point.
- Haven's played Everybody's Golf but if it's good I'll keep it until I get a physical version (physical games take up too much space).
- I managed to copy the PS+ games onto the Vita, took less time than downloading them at least. Metrico is fun but the framerate drops every time a puzzle is done. Muramasa Rebirth is really good and I'll be keeping it on the format since DLC has Trophies (the game was digital only in the UK, having a US Physical copy would make the game incomplete).
- Haven't tried PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate yet and given I already finished Hotline Miami's story on PS3 I honestly don't need to do much on the Vita.
- I downloaded the YouTube app and one day I prey that Crunchyroll will get their app onto the UK PSN store (damn you Animax).
- I noticed Corpse Party is available, that game creeps me out hearing the game

Glad to hear you're enjoying your Vita NormanicGrav. I absolutely love playing on mine, loads of fun games for it :) Corpse Party is a great horror game, that reminds me I still need to Book of Shadows off the PSN.

OT: Been playing through Jude's story on Tales of Xillia, in preparation for Friday.

Just had a go at PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate. Great game and rather challenging (a lot of trial & error).

There's some culture references for Shooter Ultimate's Trophies list - like Chamber of Secrets (Harry Potter), Come With Me If You Want To Live (Terminator) and You Are A Sad, Strange Little Man And You Have My Pity (Toy Story).

Sora Takeuchi said:
DragonBlaze67 said:
Started playing Sly 2 Band of Thieves today, first time playing it as i've only played Sly 1 and Sly Cooper Thieves in Time so far. I do love to play a fun cartoony platformer sometimes, the endless killing in most FPS, open world etc games can get boring at times. From what i've played so far it's as good as the other two, looking forward to playing more :D

Would be awesome if they made another Sly game for the PS4 :)
I tried Sly back in the Ps2 days but couldn't get into it that much, I can remember enjoying the Multiplayer with my brother on one of them though. Favourite game on the Ps2 was the Jak trilogy.

I never played the Sly games on the PS2 only got them when they were remastered for the PS3, i dunno if i would have liked it as much back when they were first released as it's more of a stealth based game compared to Jak or the Ratchet & Clank games and i didn't like stealth games that much back then.

I really should get Beyond Two Souls at some point. I enjoyed Fahrenheit and Heavy Rain so BTS should be a safe bet for me.

I've finished Assassin's Creed 4 and am trying to decide what to play next. I'm just gathering up missed achievements in Enslaved: Odyssey to the West while I make up my mind. It's currently a choice between Yakuza 3, Ni No Kuni, Eternal Sonata and replaying Final Fantasy XIII-2 before starting Lightning Returns (I replayed the first game a few months ago).

Also still playing Ace Combat Infinity. The monthly update/server maintenance is finished in a few hours and Idolm@ster emblems will be up for grabs! I want the Takane one.
igcp_092_m.png

So, I'm kinda a VN newbie or whatever and well Hakuoki, it's ok but I wish there was more choices to make instead of just reading. I'm only about an hour in so I don't know if in future I get more things to say and do? lol.

Are they any VN's/games like this where I can choose more instead of just read?

I genuinely have no clue :p hehe.

FINALLY did the Navajo part of Beyond Two Souls. TOO LONG! Managed to get through the part after that with Ryan too. Duno if I'll get time for any today since I didn't do my exercise DVD yesterday so I need to today. Bleh.

Making my way through Tales of Xillia 2 now. It's starting to get interesting. The rampant asset reuse, while expected, is still annoying (the fields are still as samey as ever). However it's good to be back with this cast again. I like the tweaks to the battle system too.

Finally got round to getting Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy too. As charming as ever.

Finished Sly 2 & The Walking Dead Season 2 (Telltale game not TV series) today, both excellent games and ones i'd recommend especially Walking Dead.

Sly 2 is an easy platinum as well for trophy hunters like me :p

A few hours into Professor Layton & The Miracle Mask. I've moaned in the other thread about the animation and navigation lol. It's a nice enough story but those 2 things I've just mentioned are ruining the experience for me to get enthralled like all the other games.

I'll be playing TWD Season 2 Episode 5 once I get home later :)

My bf and brother have been playing something called How To Survive. They love it. They say it has kind of a Diablo 3 feel/gameplay about it.

-Danielle- said:
So, I'm kinda a VN newbie or whatever and well Hakuoki, it's ok but I wish there was more choices to make instead of just reading. I'm only about an hour in so I don't know if in future I get more things to say and do? lol.

Are they any VN's/games like this where I can choose more instead of just read?

I genuinely have no clue :p hehe.

FINALLY did the Navajo part of Beyond Two Souls. TOO LONG! Managed to get through the part after that with Ryan too. Duno if I'll get time for any today since I didn't do my exercise DVD yesterday so I need to today. Bleh.

I gave Hakuoki a go over the holidays and it really does just go on and on and on. It's nicely done, and well written - but yeah, you get very few choices.

I suppose Virtue's Last Reward takes the other end of the spectrum - in that it's much more 'game' like in terms of interactivity.

Persona 4: Golden
Glad I bought this enjoying it so far, Just defeated Shadow Yosuke and got Jiraiya

Last edited by a moderator:
Back