What Games Are You Playing?

Finished Layton, going to order the next one soon.

Quick question, is Hakuoki: Memories of the Shinsengumi worth a purchase? It looks like something I'd like but it is like a proper RPG with levelling up and stuff as bar Pokemon, I'm not really a fan of that as in I get bored and never finish a game like that :p

It's a visual novel. There are some collection aspects in the 'Memories' version but it's as lightweight as they come in terms of gameplay. I certainly didn't find it boring :D

R

Cheers Rui, I was very much hoping it would be like that. Looks like I finally get to treat myself :D

EDIT: I've noticed there's two other games for the PSP, are the games entwined at all so I'd have to watch them in a certain order?

Providing my Brother lets me use his PSP I may buy them if I enjoy the DS one. Recommended of the bank of this was Sweet Fuse: At Your Side. Anyone played it? Does anyone know of other games like this for the DS and PSP? It doesnt need to be English language but would need to be able to play on either of the consoles.

Danielle: The 'Memories' game contains the whole of 'Demon of the Fleeting Blossom' so you don't need to buy that one again. 'Demon of the Fleeting Blossom' is the first - and main - game in the series, and the one which was used as a base for the original anime adaptation.

The 'Warriors' game is a Dynasty Warriors-style action brawler; it's pretty much fan service for existing Hakuouki players. If you are looking for a relaxed playing experience I'd skip it.

I have Sweet Fuse in my collection but I must confess I haven't yet had time to play it, though I hear it's good too (it's another female-orientated visual novel, though cuter and less dramatic).

If you don't mind untranslated Japanese games there are tons and tons for DS/PSP! The PSP is where most Japanese VNs end up sooner or later, though it's gradually passing that honour down to the Vita.

R

Haven't been playing much games over the past month apart from Senran Kagura Burst on 3DS.

I managed to finish the main game's story (Skirting Shadows) and I enjoyed it nevertheless and the costumes can be ridiculous sometimes (dressing up in an animal suit? dressing up with bunny ears/tail? add toast to their mouth?). Favourite characters are Asuka and Katsuragi because why not.

Usually I get 1 game a month but I won't be getting any physically this month since I have quite a bit of a backlog of PS3 games. I am however downloading Metrico for PS Vita via PlayStation Plus since watching BlueMaxima's gameplay video of it and enjoying the concept of the whole puzzle game and since it's free on PS+ I figured why not get it now. I'm still planning on getting a Vita (cheapest I've seen is £139 on Amazon UK) and pre-ordering Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus (Let's Get Physical! Edition - includes physical game, OST & booklet) soon.

Hey Rui, thanks for that. I'll go ahead and just grab the Hakuoki: Memories of the Shinsengumi one then and maybe one day I'll get the Warriors one if I get bored or something :p

In terms of the "loads" of Jap ones for the DS and PSP you speak of hehe, best websites for those? I don't mind getting like ones from play-asia or amazon.com etc but I have no idea if the consoles I have would even play other "region" games and that.

Woe it is to be me of little gaming knowledge :p :)

If it helps - All Nintendo DS and PlayStation Portable (PSP) games are region free. It's been said that DS games from any region can play on a Nintendo 3DS however some games like Pokemon whom require DSi tech won't work.

And just to add - Nintendo 3DS is region locked and PlayStation Vita is region free.

Choices choices! hehe. We have a PSP, PS Vita, DS and 3DS. The Brother alone owns the first two but when he doesn't use it I'm sure I can.

Random question, I want to get that Shin Megami Tensai IV for him for xmas, there's no release dates on the usual sites I go on for the hard copy, does anyone happen to know when please? I've seen on the official FB page there's like a downloadable version but I'd like to avoid that if possible :)

-Danielle- said:
Choices choices! hehe. We have a PSP, PS Vita, DS and 3DS. The Brother alone owns the first two but when he doesn't use it I'm sure I can.

Random question, I want to get that Shin Megami Tensai IV for him for xmas, there's no release dates on the usual sites I go on for the hard copy, does anyone happen to know when please? I've seen on the official FB page there's like a downloadable version but I'd like to avoid that if possible :)

According to Official Nintendo Magazine the game is digital only in the UK/EU (well they mention it's available for eShop and nothing else). Probably because of the publisher who handled the title (I assumed it was Atlus).

Noooooooooooo :(

He's not gona bloody see it as a proper xmas gift if he can't hold it :p damn lol.

Ordered Fahrenheit for the PC for him :) Mums getting a new PC tower so it was like a calling to get it now he'd have a new PC to play it on :p

-Danielle- said:
Hey Rui, thanks for that. I'll go ahead and just grab the Hakuoki: Memories of the Shinsengumi one then and maybe one day I'll get the Warriors one if I get bored or something :p

In terms of the "loads" of Jap ones for the DS and PSP you speak of hehe, best websites for those? I don't mind getting like ones from play-asia or amazon.com etc but I have no idea if the consoles I have would even play other "region" games and that.

Woe it is to be me of little gaming knowledge :p :)

Take your pick; for visual novels I don't think there's anything wrong with letting the art style attract you :)

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-14-71-iu-49-en.html

You might also want to think about which are available with anime spin-offs, as this may be either a good or bad thing depending on your viewpoint. I prefer PSP/Vita as the region free status is very handy (the region lock is the reason I never bought a 3DS at all).

There are also more and more ports finding their way to iOS/Android these days, often officially translated into English.

R

Thank you! I can't access the site at work atm, they have it blocked even though amazon and play.com aren't, odd :p

Hahahaha artwork does tend to be the first thing to pull me in, then i'll go by the description/story, then the reviews and finally if still undecided, the price haha.

Yeah I was thinking PSP, Brother has his Vita now so I'm hoping I can inherit it :)
He's younger than me by 12 years so we're very backwards with me inheriting all his old consoles, I'm lucky to even have a 3DS as this one I have, was sent off to hopefully be fixed so he got a new one whilst waiting/in case it couldn't be fixed! :p

So I finally bought a PlayStation Vita, been a long time coming but I got it now (coincidently it's just in time for Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment).

The following games I have came with the Sports/Racing pack (turns out to be a 16GB Memory Card instead of 8GB like advertised in some places):
1 - Gran Turismo (PlayStation Portable)
2 - WipEout Pulse (PlayStation Portable)
3 - Modnation Racers: Road Trip
4 - Everybody’s Golf
5 - MotorStorm RC
6 - Top Darts
7 - Table top tank
8 - Table mini golf

The following games I already have prepared from PS+:
1 - Hotline Miami
2 - Muramasa Rebirth
3 - PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate
4 - Metrico

No physical games yet though, but this is a good start. My mum wanted me to get Crash Bandicoot.

I tried out the Welcome Park, didn't realise it has trophies.

Started playing Sly 2 Band of Thieves today, first time playing it as i've only played Sly 1 and Sly Cooper Thieves in Time so far. I do love to play a fun cartoony platformer sometimes, the endless killing in most FPS, open world etc games can get boring at times. From what i've played so far it's as good as the other two, looking forward to playing more :D

Would be awesome if they made another Sly game for the PS4 :)

DragonBlaze67 said:
Started playing Sly 2 Band of Thieves today, first time playing it as i've only played Sly 1 and Sly Cooper Thieves in Time so far. I do love to play a fun cartoony platformer sometimes, the endless killing in most FPS, open world etc games can get boring at times. From what i've played so far it's as good as the other two, looking forward to playing more :D

Would be awesome if they made another Sly game for the PS4 :)
I tried Sly back in the Ps2 days but couldn't get into it that much, I can remember enjoying the Multiplayer with my brother on one of them though. Favourite game on the Ps2 was the Jak trilogy.

I've been playing around with the Vita for a day, here's a summary of what I've done:

- I decided to not download Modnation Racers: Road Trip, MotorStorm RC, Top Darts, Table top tank & Table mini golf. They were basically shovelware or disappointing.
- I kept the PSP games since they don't affect the Trophies and I wanted to have one of these at some point.
- Haven's played Everybody's Golf but if it's good I'll keep it until I get a physical version (physical games take up too much space).
- I managed to copy the PS+ games onto the Vita, took less time than downloading them at least. Metrico is fun but the framerate drops every time a puzzle is done. Muramasa Rebirth is really good and I'll be keeping it on the format since DLC has Trophies (the game was digital only in the UK, having a US Physical copy would make the game incomplete).
- Haven't tried PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate yet and given I already finished Hotline Miami's story on PS3 I honestly don't need to do much on the Vita.
- I downloaded the YouTube app and one day I prey that Crunchyroll will get their app onto the UK PSN store (damn you Animax).
- I noticed Corpse Party is available, that game creeps me out hearing the game.

Overall would I recommend the Vita? Yes I would however I recommend you get a good deal when you buy one, like I did in GAME where I spent I think £150 for the Slim console + 16GB Bundle. Saves me about £30-40 at least. And another thing is that having PS+ would help a lot if you don't care about physical copies.

So far my favourite game on Vita is Muramasa Rebirth. It's rather awkward that the female samurai is a trap.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back