What Games Are You Playing?

Since Thursday, I've been playing Senran Kagura Burst - the first review copy I've ever received (Game not out in Europe until Thursday). I'll let you guys know my thoughts when I've had a chance to write them up =3.

I recently completed The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds. I didn't 100% it, as I am missing one heart container and probably a quest here and there, but I am very proud of having found 100 Maiamai without using a guide. :D I started a Hero mode game, but will leave it for a little while, probably playing something else in between, before going back to it.

I've been playing Senren Kagura Burst...I thought I'd enjoy it, but it's actually loads more fun than I expected. And the graphics are nice. >_>

Tales of Symphonia <3

Also finished my 10k kill trophy in Resistance 2 the other day, feels great to finally get it before servers close down this month.

Finished Dangan Ronpa (Quick Review: Do you have a PS VIta? BUY DANGAN RONPA. No? BUY A VITA AND THEN BUY DANGAN RONPA) and now ploughing face first into Tales of Symphonia HD and losing myself in Gamecube era nostaliga.

Still working my way through Persona 3. I want to finish it by the end of the month.

Playing Super Mario 3D World as well, it's great fun.

Need to get the last 5 achievements for Lightning returns.

- Goddess of Death
Proof of defeating 10 Last Ones, exterminating forever 10 different species of monster.

- Desert Dragonslayer
Proof of victory over the dragon Aeronite who brought terror to the Dead Dunes.

- Monster Bane
Proof of mastering all creation and conquering even the Ultimate Lair.

- Holy Garb of Destruction
Proof of obtaining the ultimate garb, imbued with destructive magic.

- Expert Craftsman
Proof of upgrading accessories 30 times.

From Tomorrow I will be playing Dark Souls 2

Built myself quite a powerful gaming PC at start of February, so been gaming on it quite a bit. Finished Costume Quest, FEAR 2, The Witcher 2 and South Park Stick of Truth over the past 7 weeks. All were great games, South Park was a hillariously fun experience, if a little short at 12 hours, but I will definitely replay it though as it is basically the best episode of South Park ever made.

Starting on Tomb Raider (2013) at the moment, and it's much better than I expected. Looks phenomenal and the atmosphere is fantastic.

After all the trouble I went through with Game on Friday over my Dark Souls 2 Pre order, them trying charge me £50 for the Black Armour Edition when I got told it would only be £40 when I pre ordered it and it was £40 on their website, I had to order the game from their shop and it still has not been dispatched :x .

So at the moment I am playing on Hatsune Miku Project Diva 2nd, Very fun and addictive game.

Approaching the end of Persona 3 I think, hoping to have it beat by the end of the week.

Been playing SteamWorld Dig on my 3DS as well, wonderful game.

Dark Souls 2. Oh my god this game is amazing. Such a cruel difficulty curve at the start, but after a couple of bosses the new feel of the character has set in. Can proudly say that so far, I have beaten three bosses on the first attempt; Old Dragonslayer, Dragonrider, and Flexile Sentry. Also maxed out the Rat Covenant.

Tomb Raider (2013)

This game.....my word. Got it for £6 from amazon PC download sale a few weeks back, wish I paid full price and gave the devs the money they deserve. Such an excellent game. Think i'm about 3/4 of the way through and my Lara is turning in to John Rambo and literally massacring everyone in her way.

I love this game, never though I would, but damn I do.

Ath said:
Errr yeah, Persona 3 is bloody addictive. Clocked in about 40 hours so far.

Regularly playing OpenTTD as well.

I'm about 40 hours in myself, but it's my game on the back-burner for when I have nothing else going on. I think the fact that it touts itself on the very back of the box of being a 70+ hour game is kind of overwhelming for me :p

britguy said:
Tomb Raider (2013)

This game.....my word. Got it for £6 from amazon PC download sale a few weeks back, wish I paid full price and gave the devs the money they deserve. Such an excellent game. Think i'm about 3/4 of the way through and my Lara is turning in to John Rambo and literally massacring everyone in her way.

I love this game, never though I would, but damn I do.

Agreed, "Tomb Raider" is great. It doesn't really do anything new or innovative, but everything it does do is done so well that it still comes off as a great experience.

At the moment I'm playing Ground Zeroes. Kind of wish I'd gone digital for a better value experience, but hey ho. It's still pretty great. The new marking and reflex features work really well and feel like part of the game proper instead of a crutch. Reflex especially is helpful in maintaining game flow, slowing down time when you're spotted for a few second so you have time to react and take out your spotter before he alerts others.

The lack of wall-knocking is disappointing, but you now have infinite magazines (of the gun kind, not the made of paper, lay in front of guards to perv over kind) to throw.

Combat also feels MUCH better than any previous MGS game. In other games it wasn't all that well implemented and if you were spotted generally you couldn't really shoot your way out. In Ground Zeroes that is much more achievable, but you still need to hide afterwards, you can't just keep shooting until everyone's gone, because reinforcements will keep coming.

Sparrowsabre7 said:
At the moment I'm playing Ground Zeroes. Kind of wish I'd gone digital for a better value experience, but hey ho. It's still pretty great. The new marking and reflex features work really well and feel like part of the game proper instead of a crutch. Reflex especially is helpful in maintaining game flow, slowing down time when you're spotted for a few second so you have time to react and take out your spotter before he alerts others.

The lack of wall-knocking is disappointing, but you now have infinite magazines (of the gun kind, not the made of paper, lay in front of guards to perv over kind) to throw.

Combat also feels MUCH better than any previous MGS game. In other games it wasn't all that well implemented and if you were spotted generally you couldn't really shoot your way out. In Ground Zeroes that is much more achievable, but you still need to hide afterwards, you can't just keep shooting until everyone's gone, because reinforcements will keep coming.
Just finished Ground Zeroes today, really enjoyed it - the length doesn't bother me that much, just whets my appetite for Phantom Pain even more. The lack of wall-knocking kind of irks me too, as infinite magazines kills the realism factor... Some other people have commented that any kind of noise you make can be used to attract guards, so I guess that's a bit of compensation. I'm not sure about reflex mode, makes some situations a bit too easy in my opinion. Glad the option to disable it is there.

Sad not to hear David Hayter's dulset tones as Snake in this game. :(

Now I need to go back and finish off Peace Walker via the HD Collection to connect all the strands of the story!

Still playing Dark Souls 2, I have P3P downloaded to my PSP just haven't played it yet, Been playing alot of Hatsune Miku Project Diva Extend

I played some Persona 4 Arena with my brother but it was short winded as I'm rubbish compared to him. He has like an uber brain and remembers all the combos whereas I'm crap for remembering that and even needed to use a cheat for DMC3 to make all my moves auto happen without me doing the combo!!! :(

I'm still playing Borderlands 2 with him. I love it and am ready to give Borderlands another try as I was just rubbish at it. But now I'm learning the gameplay and stuff so I'm feeling positive.

I'm also aiming to Cosplay as a Psycho if I can find some damn orange pants! lol.

Currently playing a fair bit of Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD remaster on the Vita. Still plays as good as it did when it launched, however the remastered music is very hit and miss. Some songs are ok, like Mi'ihen Highroad, has a very diablo-esque feel to it's guitar play, while songs like Aurons theme just lose all impact with it's remaster. Looking forward to kicking X-2 into gear when i get onto it, hopefully will enjoy that as much as i did before. PLus with Last mission to work on, new stuff!

Back