What Games Are You Playing?

Steam sale saw a purchase of The Angry Video Game Nerd Adventures.

It is indeed an impossible task to do this one.

He plays all these terrible games, and now here we are having come full circle, with him in an 8-bit style one. How does somebody make a bad game that is good, not break the inside joke, and manage to make it a worthwhile purchase?

This manages it. The main game itself is certainly playable, and is everything it should be. Having his constant quips about everything being bad just feels at odds with itself.

The music for the Castlevania level was utterly brilliant, too.

Haven't put as much time into it as I would have liked, but I have spent about 10 hours with Bravely Default now. So far it feels like the natural successor to Final Fantasy V, which is my favourite game in the series. I've always loved tinkering around with the Job system and it's just as much fun here as it ever was. The Brave/Default battle system is a wonderful addition, giving a real sense of urgency to battles with its risk/reward mechanic. It also looks and sounds absolutely gorgeous, and I'm really warming up to the party now. It's a real laugh to hear Spike "Shinji" Spencer hamming it up as Ringabel (he's using his Papillon voice from Busou Renkin!). The story hasn't quite grabbed me yet, but I'm still only on Chapter 1 so that's fine.

Fire Emblem: Awakening has absolutely taken over my life. I love it.

The only thing keeping me from buying Bravely Default is how wrapped up I am in Awakening...it's just great.

Im playing a number of games at the mo. Recently picked up a 3DS XL, so splitting time between DOA Dimensions, SSFIV, Resi Evil Mercenaries and Revelations...when I get chance.... as my Wife plays Animal Crossing New Leaf on it!
Im also picked up Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 on the PS3, and when Im at work I have a bash on AVGN Adventures when I can! lol

Just gone and got the Platinum in Resogun, so now moving onto completing Tomb Raider on PC. Resogun is great fun, and despite having it platinum'd now, i still have to unlock Hero mode. that's going to be tough considering how bullet hellish the Master difficulty is. it's great to see that kind of mode added, as it's not in the trophies and not outright known. A mode which you properly have to unlock after everything else is done, you don't get that often enough these days

Having completed Revelations on the 3ds, Ive gone back to SSFIV 3D..and I picked up Resi 5 for the PS3, but have yet to find time to play it as Ive been picking up some 'retro' Capcom PS1 games to play! lol

Finally decided to get a Vita, so I've been having awesome fun with Tearaway and getting very unsettled by Corpse Party (PSP).

Also, Lego Marvel Superheroes...I love Lego games. <3

I took my first step into Megaten with Devil Survivor, so I figured it was about time to jump into the Persona series too. Picked up Persona 3 FES on PSN the other day. Slow start, but it's starting to get its hooks into me now.

I've been playing some games after a while.

Saints Row: The Third (PS3) - Despite owning the 360 version, I re-bought this game via Essentials: Full Package GOTY Edition for a good price and I have been making some good progress at finishing the game with 100% progress. With the DLCs included, I'll be able to finish the game sooner than I'd expect and possibly get my first Platinum trophy (since KH 358/2 Days and DOOM don't have one).

Meanwhile in the SHU Library Games Room, I've been playing God of War: Ascension (PS3), Unreal Tournament 3 (PS3), Call of Duty: Black Ops II (Xbox 360) via Gun Game and Injustice: Gods Among Us (Xbox 360) every now and then. The PlayStation 4 and Xbox One are also there but currently being setup before being available to use, though the only games available for them are Assassin's Creed IV, Battlefield 4 and Call of Duty: Ghost for PS4, with Dead Rising 3 and Forza 5 for XBone.

My 360's power brick broke last night. I do have another one somewhere but I think it's a different voltage, it's changed a few times over the years. My playthrough of the FF XIII trilogy is on hold until I can get a new one. Think I'll give Journey on the PS3 a try in the meantime.

EDIT: err I meant watts, not volts :oops:

Currently working on a fair few games at once.

Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate - I picked it up after too long a wait end of last week and have been hooked again since. the new fighters are nice, and the scattering of new moves amongst the original fighters gives it a nice twist. The combo challenge mode was really nice to include. Only been unable to do tags so far since i never used to play tag team on DOA. I got it on PS3 as well, so if anyone fancies a few bouts, let me know. I'm always game for a match

Serious Sam 3: BFE - a little overdue i think, but i'm enjoying it a lot. There's something about old school style FPS games that just interest me far more than the tripe we get shoveled from AAAs nowadays. Not all of them are bad, but just so many are dull and uninspired.

I'm also jumping between DOTA2 and WoW again, so i have my MMO/multiplayer kick again, and i'm working on beating Fire Emblem: Awakening and Kid Icarus before the months end too. so it's all fun.

Titan Fall Beta - I was playing this on my xbox one up until yesterday when they took it off, cant wait for it to be released now.

Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - Currently playing on this, its great so far but i just started again since i know what i am doing now and wont waste as much time. Going to go for all the achievements as well.

Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 - Been playing on this for a while now but the last achievement just wont unlock.

Tales of Vesperia - Need to finish of the rest of the achievements for this game.

Back