What Games Are You Playing?

Uncharted 2... Or, will be. Watched my brother played it a bit earlier, and its stunning. Can't wait to play it tomorrow. Just now watched him play it online for about 15 minutes... he died so many times without killing its not even funny.

On the fifth chapter of Dragon Quest IV: Chapters of the Chosen. I honestly love this game, the story isn't very compelling, but it's just so... epic, the way you play each of the lead characters in their individual chapters to fill in their story up to the real starting point is so different. If it can stay the way it is now, it will probably be one of my favourite RPGs.

Started on Dissidia Final Fantasy when I bought my PSP. But I got feed up after a while with how hard it it is to see what is going on at times. And I kept getting my **** handed to me by Jeckt so I have given up for a while.

Currently playing Astonishia Story an RPG more at the pace I am feeling.

I'm currently in the finishing stages of Brutal Legend, which has been thoroughly enjoyable. I just wish the multiplayer part of the game had less connection issues.

i finished uncharted a couple days ago ive started it again and playing on a harder setting also playing online which is kinda fun

Playing Magnacarta 2 at the moment on 360

Playing Bloodbowl still, but I'm now playing the real-time version of the game... Much more scoring, but bloody Skinks!! Unless (And I mean unless) I grab them, they rip through my defence.

I'm still playing Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic which is taking me ages to finish because I keep going long periods of time without playing it at all due to college and all that. I adore this game so much; it's Star Wars + RPG (two of my favourite things ever!). I love exploring the planets from the movies as they were 4,000 years ago and though the story is compelling, the true strength of the plot lies with the excellent and large cast of characters. I just found HK-47 on Tatooine and he's hilarious! :]

Chaz said:
Playing Bloodbowl still, but I'm now playing the real-time version of the game... Much more scoring, but bloody Skinks!! Unless (And I mean unless) I grab them, they rip through my defence.

Duuuude I really wanna play this.

Do you reccomend it? What're the graphics like? Easy to get used to the gameplay etc.?

Been working my way through Brutal Legend these past two days, and i have to say i find it great. Jack does his role very well, as well as the rest of the cast. Ozzy just fits his role perfectly though. I have to say, the RTS style elements it has as well are quite an interesting touch. Not exactly the hardest to do, but can prove challenging none-the-less. At first, i thought it was going to be very short considering how few achievements i had left to do of the main story, but its taken a lot longer to reach the end than expected. Still got a few bits to do after all.

On another related note: I've never really been the biggest fan of Metal of any kind, but this hasn't been bad i will admit. I tend to put on the more classic Heavy metal when i get the chance, but its not bad regardless.

i'm glad you've enjoyed Brutal Legend, because i certainly did

the best thing i think, about the sound track, is not just the variety (where else can i listen to Diamond Head or Judas Priest, then go straight into some Rotting Christ or In Flames?) but the fact that they got some lesser known bands in there as well (i certainly never heard of Brocas Helm before)

and i didn't know that Rob Halford could pull off such a good job at voice acting! he fits his roles perfectly, along with the rest of the cast of course :D

if a sequel is made, it's going to have a hard time trying to beat this, i can definately say! 8)

Spyro201 said:
Chaz said:

Duuuude I really wanna play this.

Do you reccomend it? What're the graphics like? Easy to get used to the gameplay etc.?
It's pretty good actually. I got it for the PC and I try to get on it when ever I can.

You will scream at the game a fair few times, as it may seem that the dice rolls go against you, but when you get more skilled players, it may become less frequent.
The only real fault in graphics I've seen recently is when you play as Chaos. You can use mutation skills when lvling up, and if you have "extra arm" and "2 heads" on the same player, the head may disappear and reappear repeatitively. Otherwise, it has been well done.

i got tekken 6 yesterday started playing a bit last night and today. -we got the rental in early- i like it so far the camera is a bit dodgy at times in the scenario mode though but its something i can live with

Recently been re-playing Mass Effect, it's better than I remembered but still not "all that" the biggest gripe which is obvious is lack of cinematic quality during dialogue sequences and dynamic character interactions. I just can't connect with any of the characters, I like their designs/appearance and personality but when I'm speaking to them on a serious matter, like Ashley's belief in God or Liara confessing that she misses her mother I just don't really care, it's so... emotionless. Battle system is fun but frustrating, I'm thinking of taking on Hardcore/Insanity mode but it's extremely unlikely I'll get far.

Also been playing Prototype for a short hour or two bursts, it took me two months to beat normal mode and it took me two days to beat it on easy, there are no words. I feel there's a bit of a lag time with the controls, then again that may just be me pressing too many things at once and expecting too much from the game.

Back