What Games Are You Playing?

Rena Ryuugu said:
NormanicGrav said:
Rena Ryuugu said:
Congrats on the Saints Row platinum Grav :D

Managed to get the Uncharted Drake's Fortune platinum yesterday, and I got Tekken 6 platinum today. Got a special game in mind for my 50th platinum trophy.

Congrats on the double platinum right there! I usually see fighting games to be really tough to complete (though Dead or Alive 5 Last Round is apparently really easy, which is good because I want it for uh.. research purposes).

As for Saints Row IV, cheers. I never really thought that I would get it because of the glitched trophy being common but I think the way I handled it kept me in the right direction.

You're welcome :) That's good that you where able to get the glitched trophy ok, I was lucky I didn't have any problems with that particular trophy on both ps3 and ps4.

Congrats on the platinum for The Darkness 2 :D Hope you enjoy MGS2, it's a really good game ^^

Thank you very much ^_^ Tekken 6 was quite easy to platinum for a fighting game. Crushing difficulty in Uncharted wasn't too bad, a few chapters I had a bit of struggle but the rest were very easy.

I'm making my way through Tales of Symphonia HD, since it's going to be my 50th platinum :)

I guess I might give Tekken 6 a go at some point in the future, after watching YouTuber Caddicarus cover the first three Tekken games I've been curious about the franchise ever since. I'm also looking forward to Tekken 7 when that gets released.

And I just checked the Trophy guides for the rest of the Metal Gear games. Sons of Liberty is pretty tough due to Extreme difficulty and VR missions, Snake Eater is ridiculously easy, Guns of the Patriots is long and tough, Peace Walker is doable but requires lots of time & patience, and Ground Zeroes/Phantom Pain is average difficulty. So what I'll probably do is go through the games like normal (for story purposes) but for Snake Eater I'll try get the Platinum.

Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty HD - A Hideo Kojima Game (PlayStation 3)
I'm progressing pretty well through the story in this game. I'm about 6 hours in the game (4 hours on Plant, as Tanker only took 2 hours) and I'm now located at Shell 1-2 Connecting Bridge where I'm basically being taught how to defuse Semtex charges when in reality I already knew that due to Tanker plus there was a specific area in Shell 1 Strut F where I had to defuse one room (during the search for an AK).

Along the way I also picked up the following non-story trophies; Hurt Locker and Moving Day (missable trophy). I've also gotten one of two requirements for the Johnny on the Spot trophy, however this particular trophy is also glitched but given that I own the North American version plus with the patch downloaded I should be able to obtain it.

What do I think of the story so far? Well I'm pretty amused so far. *Spoilers ahead for both MGS1 & MGS2*
Grey Fox is randomly back though I know he's not Grey Fox as he died in the Shadow Moses incident, but for now I'm going to call him Cyborg Grey Fox (or Cyborg Ninja if you prefer). During the search we bump into 'Pliskin' who is obviously Solid Snake in disguise for many reasons; 1) David Hayter is the VA, 2) he literally looks like Solid Snake but with a slightly different hair-style, 3) his eyes literally gave it away the moment he first appeared, and 4) he's helping us on the job. Usually a random person who comes to help generally ends up dead - like the bomb disposal guy Stillman, no offense.

The Dead Cell group look tough at first. Fatman is dead and I literally laughed at Raiden's bullets bouncing off of Fortune and hitting Vamps literally in the face. Considering Vamps is a 'vampire' at this point I somewhat knew it wouldn't be the last that we'll see of him.

Also Rose, while good to look at, can be a bit of a chitter-chat during the conversations. It's like she's going to be the death of Raiden at this point.

Last edited by a moderator:
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty HD - A Hideo Kojima Game (PlayStation 3)
And so... I have managed to finish the story of Sons of Liberty.

Result:
Play Time / 10:27:07
Save / 54 Times
Continue / 0 Times (Did numerous reloads instead)
Alert Mode / 3 Times (All were Mandatory)
Persons / 24 Killed
Rations / 2 Used

Codename - Flying Squirrel

It took me a while to figure out how to get from Shell 1 to 2 but once I got past that the rest was relatively simple. There was another moment which threw me off during the Stealth plan where there were two guards literally next to each other while taking an individual from one place to another. I had to reload the save and quickly take out one guard before the other would notice.

The tough part presumably for any I guess is the Oil Tanker area. That wasn't so bad but it did take me a while to get used to the plan. And then once I got to the Arsenal area, literally once I got the sword the rest was pretty much 'no stealth, just hit everyone'. In the end I finished the game. So many long cutscenes with shocking truths.

As a result of this playthrough I also managed to receive the following non-story trophies; Complete Stealth (missable trophy), Johnny on the Spot (missable trophy), Photo Finish & Vamp Eyer (missable trophy). This brings the total of my trophy progress to about 48% which is a solid number for the game (no pun intended).

What do I think of the story so far? Well I'm pretty amused so far. *Spoilers ahead for both MGS1 & MGS2*
[spoilerbutton]
tumblr_nenkqjMxRb1qee6tdo1_500.gif

Well that escalated quickly.

Ocelot (as well as Liquid Snake) pretty much planned everything from the start. The only exception to this was the appearance of Solid Snake himself at the Plant.

Raiden 'Jack the Ripper' turns out to be Solidus Snake's adopted son which surprised me actually. I guess it makes up for his appearance in the game. Speaking of the game, the entire thing was planned to be exactly like Shadow Moses, like the Colonel was in fact an AI intimidating that character from the first game (Rose was also an AI but she's actually real, just not in the Plant area or talking to Raiden if you know what I mean).

And E.E. gets killed, with Otacon admitting he was seduced by his mother - sounds like a Hentai story.[/spoilerbutton]
Overall I really enjoyed the plot of this game. In a sense it's basically Metal Gear Solid repeated with dozens of twists added to the mix ~ One major example was that Raiden was in fact not mentioned at all until players first experience the game during the game's marketing. I still prefer Metal Gear Solid 1 in a sense but I did really like the Tanker part.

Next up in the Metal Gear Solid universe is Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater. I'll save that one for a while, just need to take a break from it otherwise I'll end up getting burned out. I might continue with Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 next.

Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 (PlayStation 3)
I have returned to the land of Gamindustri with the lovable female cast doing their duty as CPUs and Company References.

Nepgear.png

Nepgear is so adorable, probably my favourite CPU out of the group (though Noire is my favourite CPU Goddess, she needs a friend after all). Coincidently her Japanese VA is Yui Horie (Tsubasa Hanekawa in Monogatari) which makes it even better but I also like the English VA handled by Christine Marie Cabanos (Madoka Kaname in Madoka Magica).

Anywho what about the gameplay, is it better than the first game? YES IN MANY WAYS. The biggest difference between the two games is that the battle system has been revamped - In Neptunia 1 PS3, it used a traditional turn-based 'Final Fantasy/Button Combo' type gameplay with rather dull music and really complicated mechanics. In Neptunia Mk2, we get a 'Tales of/Button Combo' style gameplay where you can walk around and then choose to hit the enemy. It's much more akin to an action RPG (within a Turn Based area like Tales of franchise) than the traditional RPG and that works really well with Neptunia Mk2. There is however one flaw that I have with this system and that's the lack of a 'Defend' option. The 'Defend' option helps a lot in the first game and it would be much easier to get through the tough enemies if that featured was included. On another note, we can now heal the characters outside of battles which is A HUGE THANK GOD.

I do plan on going for a Platinum as it's not that hard to achieve, much like the first game. The difference here is that the first game took many hours due to having to go through every dungeon and go back & forth to balance the world shares. In Neptunia Mk2, the campaign is much shorter but has multiple endings. The PlayStation Trophies playthrough suggests I should get 55%+ shares on Leanbox, Lastation and Lowee to get that one strange ending first before going for the other ones (there's New Game+ so that helps). The only missable trophies in this game are basically story-based ones which are achieved through specific endings.

If you're interested in starting Neptunia then I suggest you either start with Neptunia Mk2 or Neptunia Re;Birth1. Both games are good starting points to the franchise. Mk2 is like a reboot of sorts to the franchise, though I don't know how Re;Birth2 is handled as it might have the story altered to reflect Re;Birth1.

World Share
Planeptune - 15.1%
Leanbox - 7.9%
Lastation - 19.1%
Lowee - 7.5%
Arfoire - 50.4%

Characters
Nepgear - Level 16
Compa - Level 16
If - Level 16
Nisa - Level 13

Total Playtime
04:30:58

Erm Yeah, I won't be going in to extreme detail as you seem to be doing grav, but I've just started Kingdom Hearts 1.5 and Resistance 2. The latter appears to be a really enjoyable fps so far

britguy said:
Erm Yeah, I won't be going in to extreme detail as you seem to be doing grav, but I've just started Kingdom Hearts 1.5 and Resistance 2. The latter appears to be a really enjoyable fps so far

Not to worry this is just something I felt like doing for once. :lol:

Kingdom Hearts is a great series. The main game (Kingdom Hearts Final Mix) does take a while to get going and the enemies do get progressively harder if you don't constantly level up but it's still a damn good game. I haven't honestly tried Chain of Memories properly due to its strange gameplay but I hear it's pretty good.

Resistance I haven't gotten into besides the first hour or two for Resistance 3 which I felt was rather outdated or sorts, basically it was an average first impression.

Surprised there wasn't a thread dedicated to this so here we go!

Yesterday I got a PlayStation 4 and it's a great console but I had to setup everything. The first thing I had to sort out was making sure I had the Primary option back from the previous PS4 that I placed it on (which was a friend of mine). Both of us managed to communicate and sort it out (thankfully he didn't delete it but it took some time to sort out due to the slow loading times on my side).

Anywho I also sorted out my Japanese account. For those interested in learning how to add existing Japanese account onto your PSN here you go:
  • Started with adding existing ID & Password
  • Then it's about adding a Name for the PS4 ID, just a simple one to make.
  • Then it's validating the E-Mail (check your E-Mail on this), once sorted select the right option to sort it [Translation: Verify Later - Help - Already Verified].
  • And then it's asking about Facebook which I skipped (this is easy to figure out) [Translation: Do This Later - Log in with Facebook].
  • After it goes through a loading screen it'll reach the PlayStation Plus section, select the right option to skip it. [Translation First screen: Next, Translation Second screen: Redeem Codes - Skip]
  • And finally we have the Primary setting [Translation: Do Not Activate - Activate]
Anywho I got the Japanese themes for The iDOLM@STER Platinum Stars! I'm happy.

After sorting out the Primary I had to download updates for Ratchet & Clank and Uncharted 4: A Thief's End, which took a while and as a result I haven't played those yet.

Instead I downloaded some demos; DOOM and JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Eyes of Heaven. DOOM is awesome but it's going to take me a while to get used to the controls (I'll probably need to modify the sensitivity like I've done with Call of Duty). JoJo's Eyes of Heaven looks and plays good, it's essentially All Star Battle and J-Stars Victory Versus mixed together. The story demo does spoil the end of Stardust Crusaders but it's an original take. At the moment I'm downloading the demos for Final Fantasy XV (which reminds me I need to install the Type 0 disc now that I think about it).

bailey1985 said:
I didn't know the demos for Doom and Final Fantasy XV was on the PlayStation store I'm going to download them later .

DOOM was very recent, it's essentially the first level but it's still fun to play.

Final Fantasy XV is just the Platinum demo that was out a month back. I also have the Episode Duscae demo which is exclusive to Type-0 owners.

Doom is great fun but I had to turn the sensitivity down as well.

Started on Uncharted 4 yesterday and it looks amazing. Now I just need to find the time to carry on playing it and to finish it.

I have been playing Wind Waker HD. I forgot how much I love this game <3 Can't believe it's been over 12 years since I played it GameCube. Just finished Dragon Roost Island, and I currently exploring the great sea.

Lately I've been so burned out on life that I'm only playing Town of Salem. I have all of these amazing futuristic games and yet I keep coming back to a terrible-looking browser game with a toxic community because I love that I can kill people and manipulate people all the time. It's so addictive :s

R

Just finished Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies for the 3DS. Game was brilliant, really liked the cast of characters and the overarching storyline. Roll on AA6.

Just started up Mario and Luigi: Paper Jam Bros. Loved the GBA and DS titles, but skipped over Dream Team bros for now. Enjoying this so far, great visual presentation and combat is as fun as ever.

Still playing Fallout 4, although I am thinking of having a break for a while and going onto Zelda: Twilight Princess, which is I think the only single player Zelda I have not played.

Been playing Guilty Gear Xrd - Revelator quite a bit lately and my god does this game look good. So happy to play Jam again, not a massive fan of her new voice actress but not a big deal, she's still one of my favourite fighting game characters. I'm quite the fan of Jack-O too, not sure what it is about her......

[spoilerbutton]
P6ETasx.gif

tumblr_nttfsyyxGa1spbjuio1_500.gif

tumblr_nz0z6vQlT41rso4zxo4_400.gif

tumblr_ntlk6vzHNk1r09vilo1_250.gif
[/spoilerbutton]

On another note, the tutorial in this game is just incredible, even as someone who has been playing fighting games for years I was able to learn a couple of things.

Still dipping in and out of playing Overwatch too, still getting salty about people refusing to change character.....

Downloaded the Odin Sphere Leifthrasir demo so gonna give that a bash later, not sure why as I know what it is and I know I want it lol.

Due to Tokyo Mirage Sessions being released this Friday I decided to clear a game off my backlog and chose The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess HD. I just completed it tonight and managed to clock 27 and a half hours.

I've played the game before back when it was released on GameCube, so that gave me a big leg-up in terms of remembering how everything works. I don't think I have all the collectables and I haven't done any of the new dungeon (which I'll need to do in order to level up Wolf Link for BotW). I can see myself going back to the game once we have a firmer release date for BotW or in the Autumn when I (hopefully) have less games to play.

Apart from Twilight Princess I've also been playing Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 4. I completed the game a long time ago but recently I've been trying to S-rank the story missions for some trophies. Don't think I can do them all as getting an S seems to be linked to keeping 90% of your health and that's really not possible a lot of the time. Getting an S-rank in the regular fights is a lot easier than trying to S the story missions! I'll probably continue to chip away at them over time though. :)

Currently sat at about 75% trophy completion for Naruto which is neat, definitely one of my higher trophy rates.

I spent my time over the past week having a go on my PlayStation 4.

For starters, the two issues I had when I first picked up the console has been resolved. I now have Primary status so that I can access all of my downloaded games, and the internet has improved after a couple days therefore allowing me to download games at a normal rate rather than forcing myself to stare at the screen watching the download speed go for about 20KB per second.

The first retail PS4 game I wanted to play was Uncharted 4: A Thief's End, and even though I had never played the first three I was able to have fun playing this fourth & final part of the Nathan Drake saga. The story is very standalone so knowledge of other adventures is not needed, but it does give out references every now and then. The gameplay is fun and the stealth parts were rather entertaining but at times there are moments where you'll just have to go guns blazing through the area. The Crash Bandicoot bonus part was also a lot of fun to play and I loved its inclusion to the story. The deaths were also unintentionally hilarious to watch due to the rag doll physics and the reactions like 'Oh **** Nathan!' and 'Oh Dear God Nathan' were just silly. Overall it's an excellent game and worthy for anyone's collection. I have finished the story by the way and its epilogue was pretty cool.

Next up I decided to have a play around with Resogun, a PlayStation Plus title that I was able to access for free due to the Cross Buy system. For those who don't know Resogun is a simple shoot em up and it's a lot of fun. The game is indeed challenging at times and will make you rage a few but it's very rewarding when you beat the stages. I was pleasantly surprised to beat the game on Veteran difficulty and even manage to complete Arcade mode without getting a Game Over, it was a close call though. Today I managed to acquire all of the base game's trophies; making Resogun my 16th Platinum title. The trophies that required the player to finish Arcade mode with each ship didn't sound like a problem but having to accidently restart the game made me rage quite a bit as the ship I was using was rather weak against enemies. The last boss is a nightmare. Unlike the PS3 & Vita trophy list, the PS4 version has downloadable content with more trophies to unlock so it's not a 100% completed game sadly. If you do manage to get your hands on this game I recommend it, it's a short but easy to play arcade game to help fill the small void of time.

Grav's Platinum Progress:
  • #01 | PS3 | Saints Row: The Third
  • #02 | PS3 | JoJo's Bizzare Adventure: All-Star Battle
  • #03 | PS3 | Hyperdimension Neptunia
  • #04 | Vita | デカ盛り閃乱カグラ - Dekamori Senran Kagura (Senran Kagura: Bon Appetit! Japanese Version)
  • #05 | PS3 | Steins;Gate
  • #06 | PS3 | NieR
  • #07 | PS3 | No More Heroes: Heroes' Paradise
  • #08 | PS3 | Asura's Wrath
  • #09 | PS3 | Saints Row IV
  • #10 | PS3 | The Darkness II
  • #11 | PS3 | Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2
  • #12 | PS3 | Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater HD
  • #13 | Vita | Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus
  • #14 | Vita | Gravity Rush
  • #15 | PS3 | Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory
  • #16 | PS4 | Resogun

Played through the Odin's Sphere Leifthrasir demo, still love this game a lot even though they've actually changed a lot.The new combat feels so fun, you can do crazy combos (all helped by the solid framerate, it could get quite bad in the original). I'm pretty tempted to upgrade my order to the Storybook Edition as I just like this game that much.

I've also been trying to play The Last of Us Remastered and getting annoyed at the controls again lol.

NormanicGrav said:
I spent my time over the past week having a go on my PlayStation 4.

For starters, the two issues I had when I first picked up the console has been resolved. I now have Primary status so that I can access all of my downloaded games, and the internet has improved after a couple days therefore allowing me to download games at a normal rate rather than forcing myself to stare at the screen watching the download speed go for about 20KB per second.

Just a fyi, the console downloads a lot faster in Rest mode, you need to change the settings to make it keep downloading in rest mode though I think.

Buzzkillington said:
Just a fyi, the console downloads a lot faster in Rest mode, you need to change the settings to make it keep downloading in rest mode though I think.

Forgot to mention the Rest mode stuff. But at least I'm not the only one who's noticed that. ;)

Back