What Games Are You Playing?

fabricatedlunatic said:
Tachi- said:
had to fight off a gang of zombies in a bank with a torched stick.
Heh. I'll be getting Undead Nightmare soon. Can't wait!

I've been playing Fallout: New Vegas and co-op Gears of War 1 & 2 (on Insane, no less) with Aionella, who is **** and keeps dying. Looking after him has brought out maternal instincts I never knew I had.
Undead Nightmare isn't that great, I thought it'd be amazing but it's just a big fetch quest, the undead horses are good however, you can get a Rapidash.

Also does Aion have a mic?

Playing Wind Waker right now, taking my time with it, doing some side quests and stuff, gonna get it done soon so I can start playing Zone of the Enders again.

Final Fantasy III

I don't usually play RPGs or Final Fantasy games, but Chrono Trigger was just awesome and my little brother gave me this ages ago.

Do their characters always have to be feminine? I complained that the 4 main characters were all female and it turns out only one of them is female!!

The Time Traveller said:
Do their characters always have to be feminine? I complained that the 4 main characters were all female and it turns out only one of them is female!!
Yup.
It's one of the series defining points; having both bishoujo and bishonen characters. Pretty boys always look quite feminine, simpler/older style art doesn't help.

Reaper gI said:
Pretty boys always look quite feminine
Ehh, this is a fairly biased way of looking at it. There's just a tendency (especially amongst males) to label characters that look fairly gender-neutral in this way, imo.

My favourite was a post on GameFAQs some time ago from one of those 'Final Fantasy men always look like girls!' users, complaining that Fran from FFXII looked "like a man". Really?

I like the androgynous men, and there are usually some more traditional looking men mixed in too. In III it's sort of hard to tell at times, admittedly.

R

Lupus said:
Undead Nightmare isn't that great, I thought it'd be amazing but it's just a big fetch quest, the undead horses are good however, you can get a Rapidash.

Also does Aion have a mic?
Well, I wasn't expecting too much for 800 points. Should get 6 quid's worth of entertainment from it at least.

Aion and I played GoW without voice communication. We're both anti-social bastards.

The Time Traveller said:
Final Fantasy III

I don't usually play RPGs or Final Fantasy games, but Chrono Trigger was just awesome and my little brother gave me this ages ago.

I assume you're on about the DS version? The original it's just as strange, if not, stranger because of the sprites

I'm playin Persona 3 FES again, I do love it so. I think I'm comingup to the second full moon (the one after the train) so still early but it's a lot of fu-BABYBABYBABYBABYBABY

Sparrowsabre7 said:
I'm playin Persona 3 FES again, I do love it so. I think I'm comingup to the second full moon (the one after the train) so still early but it's a lot of fu-BABYBABYBABYBABYBABY

*add troll face here* I picked up Persona 3 Portable no more than 1 week or so ago, so i've got that to work through as soon as i finish Either Breath of Fire 3 or Birth By Sleep. Will be interesting to see how they've changed things about for the female protagonist, same goes for the ending too.

Still playing Arcana Haaaaaaato, maining Weiß (getting used to the alt code for "ß", too, lol), but have also gone back to some Blazblue: CS - maining Rachel atm, but really waiting for Platinum to become available at the end of March.

Arbalest said:
Sparrowsabre7 said:

*add troll face here* I picked up Persona 3 Portable no more than 1 week or so ago, so i've got that to work through as soon as i finish Either Breath of Fire 3 or Birth By Sleep. Will be interesting to see how they've changed things about for the female protagonist, same goes for the ending too.

Cool =D (No spoilarz plz) I wonder what the 3DS title will be. It's just been announced as a "a persona title" right? I don't recall if it was given a number, though it could well just be portable p3 or 4 3D.

Sparrowsabre7 said:
Arbalest said:
Sparrowsabre7 said:

Cool =D (No spoilarz plz) I wonder what the 3DS title will be. It's just been announced as a "a persona title" right? I don't recall if it was given a number, though it could well just be portable p3 or 4 3D.

Yeah i believe it was announced along with the other Shin Megami game: Devil Survivor, which is the remake/remaster of the most recent one released on DS, with voice acting, new content and so improved visuals. Will throw the details this way when we get em though. At least we have P2: Innocent Sin for PSP to go first, if it gets released here finally.

Arbalest said:
Yeah i believe it was announced along with the other Shin Megami game: Devil Survivor, which is the remake/remaster of the most recent one released on DS, with voice acting, new content and so improved visuals. Will throw the details this way when we get em though. At least we have P2: Innocent Sin for PSP to go first, if it gets released here finally.
Yey more megaten games that won't be available in Europe for bloody ages.

Atelier Rorona: the Alchemist of Arland.

Reminds me of Actraiser in the fact that is uses two wildly different game styles, melds them together, and manages it well.

Pop into dungeons to collect ingredients, mix something up and starve off your workshop's closure.

Currently on the second assignment and managed to maximise the criteria in twenty days, leaving two and a bit months to help the village's people out. Planning plays a big part.

Found a trick with Iksel to make your party practically invincible, though.

I like...

Apart from the occassional dodgy conversations.

Reaper gI said:
Arbalest said:
Yey more megaten games that won't be available in Europe for bloody ages.

Indeed. Thankfully, if P2: Innocent Sin is released in the US, i'll be grabbing it straight away. I know how bad the wait can be for a release here, which is why all my persona games so far are US versions, hah.

Back