What did you RECEIVE today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ilmaestro said:
My first ever order from Right Stuf:

Clannad parts 1&2
Ga-rei Zero
The Sacred Blacksmith

Despite appearing to be very well packaged, there is some external damage to the Ga-rei box, although not too much. The Sacred Blacksmith box is quite nice, and the art book... has some art work in. :nosebleed:

There was damage to my copy as well - there was a deep tear right across near the top of the spine and one of the cases was damaged (the one holding 3 discs) - Planet Axel has since sent me a replacement.

But... but... I needed to order Utena from them. D:

Jaymii: Great stuff, obviously.

edit: Interesting, mangaman. I wonder if it's Funi's fault, then. I also have a little nick in the spine of the second disc case.

I think it is part Planet Axel, part postman's fault for the damage. I often ask Planet Axel to sent box sets/limited editions in a box but Ga Rei Zero arrived in a padded envelope (the replacement arrived in a box and is undamaged).

I have also had a couple of 3 disc sets arrive damaged recently - Sola and Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha. Both were ordered from traders at amazon/play and both traders offered a goodwill refund (although I think play have messed up the Nanoha refund - I have received an email with a refund of around £2.50 which is the amount the trader offered and since then I have received a second email with a refund of around £16.32 which is the cost of the order).

ilmaestro said:
Why's that? It's not exclusive to TSRI or nuffink.

I do like their packaging, though, and would prefer to go there for anything I'd like to receive in one piece (the damage to your Ga Rei Zero box most probably didn't occur during transit). UP packaged the first Duarara set in a padded envelope, and what happens? A corner of the plastic slipcover is cracked where the package drops through the letterbox and lands awkwardly on the floor.

fabricatedlunatic said:
ilmaestro said:
I know that now. :( They were the first people to list it though, so I panicked!

As for the Ga-Rei packaging, I have to agree. I was shocked that there was anything wrong with any of my items, after seeing how solidly it was packed.

fabricatedlunatic said:
ilmaestro said:

Ah but the special bonus item for preordering all three volumes is! I'm a lost cause when it comes to Utena, so free stuff sways me easily. Even though I known it will just be a rubbishy keyring or something.

Also, TRSI is going to start shipping box 1 next week, ahead of its release date. I already own it all twice but let's overlook that and revel in the excitement \o/

R, who just ordered 11 Kuroshitsuji CD singles in one go and is going to have to hide from this thread when they arrive to avoid the shame

Ah well, there you go maestro! You get a freebie.

Utena is one of shows that everyone loves but I know absolutely nothing about. Something about it radiates powerful "stay away" waves, though I must say I'm tempted by that lovely new box art.

Oh yeah, there is that, I'd actually forgotten. They announced that (or I read about it, one or the other) after I ordered though, so I will take it as a bonus. ^^;

And next week?! Awesome stuff, I'll have to wait an extra week since it is in an order with the Baccano! BD set, but this still means getting them both three weeks earlier than I expected!

And you should definitely jump on the bandwagon, Fab! You will not be disappointed.

Chobits Collection - Region A Blu-ray
Laputa - Castle In The Sky: (Region B Blu Ray/DVD Double Play)
My Neighbours The Yamadas (Region B Blu Ray/DVD Double Play)
Our Home's Fox Deity Volume 2 Premium Edition - Replacement Slip Case from NIS America
Prinny 2 (PSP)

Amazon.com are a bit strange. They let me order Prinny 2 (PSP) but not Phantom Brave (PSP).

How much was Project A-Ko, mangaman?

I have been intent on replacing my R2 dub-only version for a short while now.

Project A-Ko, now there's a blast from the past. One of Manga Entertainment's very first UK releases. But will nostalgia betray me again? /o\

Eastern Star are also known as Discotek (yeah, it's easy to see why they've switched to the Eastern Star moniker) who did a fine job with some Lupin movies and FotNS.

And my second order from trsi:

Royal Space Force - The Wings of Honneamise (BD)
Phantom - Requiem for the Phantom - part 1 (DVD)

(I feel like I already made this post, maybe in another thread, or weird forum deja vu)

Received the following,

Soul Eater Parts 1 & 2 Region A Blu-ray
Phantom Brave (PSP)

Note - Both the packaging & discs say Soul Eater is region A & B but when I put the discs in my player it said region A only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back