What did you RECEIVE today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ath said:
Some birthday cards, a subscription to Empire Magazine, a couple of cakes and £70 cash. Not my biggest birthday haul, but it's better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick :p>/quote]]/quote]
Soooo... Is a week after someone's birthday too late to wish them a Happy Birthday? Oh well, I'll do it anyway.
Happy belated Birthday Ath!

xxxHolic Volume 16 and 18 and the Official xxxHolic Guide arrived today. Along with One Piece which was pre-ordered as a birthday present to my younger sister. Happy (month late) Birthday! ^_^

What a multitude of lower-currency coinage I gathered from the floors of the Expo today. Due gratitude is given to chaos for notifying me of the twenty pence in the public house.

I found a five pound note heading away from the stadium last night. I must only assume someone dropped it when heading out and didn't notice it. Nobody in front of me so it had been there for a few minutes.

Paid for my dinner at burger king :)

If I didn't pick it up, someone else would have.

Also a rather nice hat from the Dortmund support army.

Food; walnut cookie off the boyfriend and I've just been informted my Mummy's gone and bought me some Ben & Jerry's Peanut Butter Me Up. (The core is bloody minging but the ice cream, sweet jesus, NOM). Standard giftage when you're me :D

pre-ordered Black Lagoon: Roberta's Blood Trail OVA DVD/Blu-ray from up1.

Is atm £21.06 which i think its great.

My copy of the Japanese Special Edition Pandora Hearts Volume 20 arrived today. It came with a little Gil figurine to go with my little Oz ^-^ so cute! I just need to get Volume 17 and I'll have all the special editions.

I received yesterday a customs slip from Royal Mail for £353 ;-;

I really want my One Piece POP Film Z Chopper ;-; and its proving hard to get him as its clearly a mistake made by stupid royal mail.

I went to the post office this morning to make sure it is defiantly chopper which it defiantly is, the women's jaw dropped when I showed her the card he could clearly see there had been a mistake but she wasn't able to release my parcel.

She did give me a phone number which I have rang and explained to her she could see the details with the number on the card but she said that I would need to speak to customs and gave me another number.

So I've rung customs and after looking she say straight away that they have charge for my pounds in stead of yen ;-;. if the parcel had come through parcel force she could have made one phone call and got my parcel released as its clearly a mistake, but she couldn't because its Royal Mail and they have there own section at Heathrow. The only way Royal Mail let anything out is if you pay the charge and then claim it back but like the lady said on the phone that isn't really an option for me.

She gave me an e-mail to write to to see if they could help me, possibly sent my something through post or e-mail for me to give to Royal Mail to tell them its a mistake and to free my parcel.

I expected it to be hit by customs but I didn't expect all of this pain, its annoying that Royal Mail have there own section -which is clearly full of idiots- and don't listen to customs to free my parcel

Whoa! I've always been successful reclaiming overcharges from customs fees but I can see why you'd be hesitant to pay such a ridiculous amount like that (and on one figure...). Good luck :/

I was once overcharged (to a lesser degree) by them calculating JP yen as US dollars before too. Why can't they learn?!

R

Crikey, that's one of the more extreme customs stories I've heard on here. :( Hope you somehow manage to get it sorted out.

After nearly a day of configuration, involving the clandestine but necessary use of my college's equipment, my new miniature Android PC is now operational. Unfortunately my monitor's aspect ratio is not supported by the firmware, so everything I currently see (within the confines thereof) is currently too tall.

Still, my new device is silent and roughly the size of a McVitie's Penguin bar.

A job offer for a 3 month secondment as part of the 'operations admin' team.

Although silly me forgot to ask about pay, too busy talking about the role.

So tomorrow is moving offices for me, the support team of 5 has reduced to 2.

Got my Broken Blade BD from Amazon yesterday.

Kite said:
A job offer for a 3 month secondment as part of the 'operations admin' team.

Although silly me forgot to ask about pay, too busy talking about the role.

So tomorrow is moving offices for me, the support team of 5 has reduced to 2.
Let's be honest though, the way things can be at the moment, asking about pay isn't necessarily the first thing on people's minds. Good luck though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back