What did you RECEIVE today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
An attempted delivery card from the cringingly named YoDel (the new HDNL, apparently). They should have taken the opportunity to redesign their cards and remove the boxes like "left with neighbour" or "left in a safe place" which they never attempt to do anyway. Now I have the option of having it delivered at another time I won't be in, or travelling many miles on public transport to collect it... during hours I will be at work.

I don't know who I hate more, HDNL never leave parcels and City Link just leave them with random strangers without even telling me. At least I can walk to the sorting office for Parcelforce.

Hawthorns said:
Should have been £51.96, cost £15.60 :D
1194298284601.jpg

ayase said:
An attempted delivery card from the cringingly named YoDel (the new HDNL, apparently). They should have taken the opportunity to redesign their cards and remove the boxes like "left with neighbour" or "left in a safe place" which they never attempt to do anyway. Now I have the option of having it delivered at another time I won't be in, or travelling many miles on public transport to collect it... during hours I will be at work.

They left mine with a neighbour the other day, though it was a neighbour from absolutely miles down the road. I drew them a map to a safe place with arrows and everything but it was apparently too difficult.

Still, better than the alternative. Try leaving your driver an illustrated note, they seem to like that.

R

Stuff I recently received,

Baka & Test - Summon The Beasts Season One (Limited Edition DVD / Blu-ray Combo) Region A Blu-ray
Kobato Collection 1
Sgt Frog Season 3 Part 1
Catherine - Love Is Over Deluxe Edition (PS3)

mangaman74 said:
Stuff I recently received,

Baka & Test - Summon The Beasts Season One (Limited Edition DVD / Blu-ray Combo) Region A Blu-ray
Kobato Collection 1
Sgt Frog Season 3 Part 1
Catherine - Love Is Over Deluxe Edition (PS3)

Any chance of some pictures of this mangaman?

ayase said:
I don't know who I hate more, HDNL never leave parcels and City Link just leave them with random strangers without even telling me. At least I can walk to the sorting office for Parcelforce.
I worry about this whenever I see it's not Parcelforce - nearest Post Office is really close, but every other courier seems to have a depot in the public transport hell that is Trafford.

Received my new desktop yesterday. Safe and sound, and significantly faster than its five year old predecessor - well, after I'd fitted the graphics card that Chillblast had removed for safe transit.

Finally got my T-shirts today! HDNL (sorry, YODEL) man clearly got sick of trying to redeliver when I wasn't in and just shoved the package through the letterbox, presumably signing for it himself. Good on him. Hopefully he'll remember that tactic for next time.

ilmaestro said:
ayase said:
Dare I risk buying a small Asuka shirt
lol, I think you will end up somewhat disappointed, but kudos for the dedication shown!
Ahaha! My small shirt fits nicely (the medium one is more like a large though)!

:p

I'm... short, though not as thin as once I was. I have to admit I was pleasantly surprised. Almost all my other T-shirts are medium, and some of those are smaller than this one.

Lend me your ears; I must make an important announcement.

Today, unlike in any previous occasion, I withdrew two five-pound notes from an Automated Teller Machine instead of a single ten-pound note. To be able to obtain cash from such a device in such denominations is somewhat revolutionary.

I thought that was pretty standard in main "student" ATMs? There was certainly one in Durham that did it, specifically for the "poor students" reason.

Received the following over the past few days,

Tenjho Tenge Complete Collection (Region 2 dvd)
Revolutionary Girl Utena - Season 2 Black Rose Saga (Region 1 dvd)
Urotsukidoji - Legend Of The Overfiend - The Movie (Region A blu-ray)
Spice And Wolf - Season 1 (Region A blu-ray)
Yawara! A Fashionable Judo Girl (Region 1 dvd from Anime Corner Store but fulfilled by Amazon.com)

The parcel containing Yawara had a yellow sticker on it saying,

Goods do not meet the requirement of article 9 and 10 of the contract for the foundation of the European Community

I have ordered from Amazon.com before and I don't remember a sticker like this being on any of the parcels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back