What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

@Girls with Guns. Nice setup. Last year, I replaced my old turntable - the one I’d bought as my first real deck. Now I use the "AT-LPW50BT Rosewood" with an "Audio-Technica AT-VM95SH" cartridge, and the setup is fantastic. It sounds truly great—in my opinion, some people have no idea what a huge difference a better cartridge makes (though I stop hearing the difference above a certain price point) - and it looks amazing, too. I’d always wanted a wooden turntable; the design is gorgeous.
 
IMG_20260923_175553.jpg
With my current TV screeching at me everytime I take it out of standby for the past few weeks I grabbed something new, and went for this since it was the only sub decent 24" on monthly payments.
I didn't find out until I got it out of the box that it needs a 200mmx200mm vesa mount which was not even mentioned unless you go digging through the product information section, so I had to go back to Amazon to spend another £8 to get parts to allow it to be mounted to my current monitor arm.
The funny thing is that I'm not going to be using any of it's smart features because I have an apple TV
 
I used to have that exact same Queen Millennia vinyl LP, until about a year ago when I finally sold all my remaining vinyl. I had actually forgotten the music is by Kitaro.

Not your specific model, but I remember those JVC turntables with the raised ring around the platter like yours; it gives them a very distinctive look. Is the base on yours black? That looks nice; the ones I remember had a glossy red wood finish that was a bit gaudy for my tastes.

Yes, my QL-A7 has the black base, and I love it - it matches the rest of my system nicely, unlike my Technics SL-7 turntable, which is silver. It doesn't have any auto play or return functions, but it does lift the tone arm up and stop the platter when the LP is done playing. Also, the Ortofon MC-10 is the first moving coil cartridge I have ever owned, I've never been able to afford one before, but it sounds really good - I'm shocked at how even my heavily played albums from the 1970's have very few pops and clicks when listening to them on this turntable. I dug out my classic Iron Butterfly In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida album and tried it on the turntable and it still sounds fantastic! The Queen Millenia album is the fourth Kitaro LP I have in my collection - below is a pic of one of my other Kitaro albums sitting on the turntable. The MC-10 cartridge is currently mounted in an SAEC ULS-2 headshell (I see them going for $70-$165 on eBay!) that the stereo store just had "laying around" and they installed the new cartridge in it for me - they just gave me the headshell for free! But, I also received a new black Ortofon SH-4 headshell in the mail yesterday to properly mount it into if I so desire. It's amazing when I realize that this turntable is in such good shape even though it is almost 50 years old! Manufactured in 1978 - I graduated from high school in 1979...

ql-a7_c.jpg


@Girls with Guns. Nice setup. Last year, I replaced my old turntable - the one I’d bought as my first real deck. Now I use the "AT-LPW50BT Rosewood" with an "Audio-Technica AT-VM95SH" cartridge, and the setup is fantastic. It sounds truly great—in my opinion, some people have no idea what a huge difference a better cartridge makes (though I stop hearing the difference above a certain price point) - and it looks amazing, too. I’d always wanted a wooden turntable; the design is gorgeous.
Ooo, you got the Shibata stylus! Very Very Nice! 😍


Sigh, now I suppose Aion is going to get on us again for more of our off-topic vintage audio equipment old-people-speak, lol. 😅

So, to get back on topic - I received five more anime LP on Tuesday that I imported from All the Anime. My anime soundtrack LP collection is growing rapidly day by day! 🥳


Neon Genesis Evangelion Original Series Soundtrack - Blue & Black Marbled vinyl 2xLP
Elfen Lied Vinyl Soundtrack - AllTheAnime.com exclusive "Neon" variant Red Vinyl LP
Cowboy Bebop: Songs for the Cosmic Sofa - Pink and Dark Blue Marbled vinyl LP
Little Witch Academia Vinyl Deluxe Edition - Black vinyl 6xLP (Woah! Six LP Box set to go with my JP 9-Blu-ray LWA series I own!)
My Happy Marriage Original Soundtrack - Evan Call! - Black vinyl 3xLP (One of my favorite romance anime series!)

5atarecords.jpg
 
Last edited:
Some recent pickups:

IMG_2467.jpeg
Picked up RE9 used from eBay in preparation for October.

IMG_2445.jpeg
A big Radiance Films order also came in recently, including several titles that had been delayed for a while
 
Last edited:
View attachment 46341
With my current TV screeching at me everytime I take it out of standby for the past few weeks I grabbed something new, and went for this since it was the only sub decent 24" on monthly payments.
I didn't find out until I got it out of the box that it needs a 200mmx200mm vesa mount which was not even mentioned unless you go digging through the product information section, so I had to go back to Amazon to spend another £8 to get parts to allow it to be mounted to my current monitor arm.
The funny thing is that I'm not going to be using any of it's smart features because I have an apple TV
Well the adapter to convert my 100x100 vesa mount monitor arm to 200x200 arrived and I managed to get the new TV on the arm, and it's....... decent.
I didn't have to log into or create an account, I didn't have to connect it to the internet and I didn't have to tune in any TV channels it was just a few settings and I was off to the races.
The problems are that picture settings don't persist if you switch sources (and it annoyed me so much that I set my apple TV to 1080p60 SDR in the hope that settings would now persist) and it appears that speaker tech has gone downhill over the past 6 years as the ones in this TV are about as bad as the speakers in my benQ monitor and no changing of settings helps, so I'm going to have to get a soundbar along with another adapter to hang it under the TV.
 
I received A ninja and an Assassin under one roof vol 4 in the mail today and there's something I've never noticed on a manga volume before. There's marketing for Crunchyroll included directly into the back cover.

Usually if I see marketing for an anime adaptation it is a generic advertisement announcing the existence of the anime and as one of the backpage adverts. I think this is the first time I've seen it on the cover and specifically advertising CR.
1000023203.jpg
1000023202.jpg
 
September Haul #3

Here we have pickups from 26th September. I was going to grab more when I went to town afterward but HMV was closed for renovation or something.



Switch Haul 2026 - ACA Neo Geo Selection Vol. 9-10 & Gundam Seed 1.webp
Wicked Priest Collection Blu-ray 1.webp
Ninja Wars Blu-ray 1.webp
Roaring Fire Blu-ray 1.webp

#7: Arrow Video & Toy Robot Video Terracotta Store Haul
We have our latest Asian Cinema releases from two distributors; Arrow Video and a new label called Toy Robot Video who are pretty much related to Arrow but doing their own branding and packaging styles. I pre-ordered their September releases together in one haul.

A Better Tomorrow Trilogy - 08.webp

We'll start off with the Arrow Video releases first. The highlight of this haul is A Better Tomorrow Trilogy on 4K Ultra HD which is the latest instalment to the Golden Princess package deal. The films included in this collection are John Woo's 1986 film A Better Tomorrow (英雄本色) & 1988 film A Better Tomorrow II (英雄本色2) as well as Tsui Hark's 1989 film A Better Tomorrow III: Love and Death in Saigon (英雄本色3: 夕阳之歌).

These films star Chow Yun-Fat (Hard Boiled), Ti Lung (Drunken Master II), Leslie Cheung (Happy Together), Emily Chu Bo-Yee (Rouge), Waise Lee Chi-Hung (Bullet in the Head), Dean Shek Tin (Drunken Master), Guan Shan (Police Story 2), Kenneth Tsang (The Killer), Anita Mui Yim-Fong (Rouge), and Tony Leung Ka-fai (Three... Extremes).

Arrow Video's limited edition includes all three films in three separate cases housed inside a rigid box with an o-card slipcase alongside a double-sided poster and a booklet. The artwork was done by Tony Stella who sadly passed away earlier this year. Worth noting that while Arrow have been revising the translations for their Golden Princess releases, only the first film in this collection received this treatment as the second & third films are re-using the Shout! Factory translations.

Next we have the Wicked Priest Collection on Blu-ray, a collection of five films produced by Toei. These include Kiyoshi Saeki's 1968 film Wicked Priest (極悪坊主), Takashi Harada's 1968 film Wicked Priest 2: Ballad of Murder (極悪坊主 人斬り数え唄), 1969 film Wicked Priest 3: A Killer’s Pilgrimage (極悪坊主 念仏人斬り旅) & 1970 film Wicked Priest 4: The Killer Priest Comes Back (極悪坊主 念仏三段斬り), and Buichi Saitō's 1971 film Wicked Priest 5: Breaking The Commandments (極悪坊主 飲む打つ買う).

These films star Tomisaburō Wakayama (Lone Wolf and Cub film series), Bunta Sugawara (Battles Without Honor and Humanity film series), Kenjirō Ishiyama (High and Low), Hōsei Komatsu (Lady Snowblood), Masumi Tachibana (Shogun's Joy of Torture), Asao Koike (Horrors of Malformed Men), Eitarō Ozawa (Ugetsu), Minoru Ōki (Horrors of Malformed Men), Hiroko Sakuramachi (The Tale of Oiwa's Ghost), Ichirō Nakatani (Harakiri), Yuki Jōno (Red Peony Gambler: Gambler’s Obligation), Tatsuo Endō (Daimajin), Takashi Shimura (Seven Samurai) and Tōru Abe (The Human Condition).

Arrow Video's limited edition includes all five films across three Blu-ray discs with an o-card slipcase and a booklet.

Ninja Wars Blu-ray 2.webp
Roaring Fire Blu-ray 2.webp

Now we have Toy Robot Video's releases. They're different to Arrow Video because there's no booklet with these releases (they could be added for future ones) which adds more ease in case you miss a slipcase later down the line. What they have done is add an extra o-card mini-sleeve on top of the slipcase but doesn't cover all of the BBFC logos which is bizarre (and somewhat defeats the purpose of the sleeve). They've been releasing new titles since September and so far it's been an interesting range especially for Asian films because there's also Korean films which is very uncommon in the UK so I'm looking forward to those.

For now we have the first two Japanese releases. Kōsei Saitō's 1982 film Ninja Wars (伊賀忍法帖) starring Hiroyuki Sanada (Ringu), Jun Miho (Fatal Frame), Yuki Kazamatsuri (Sailor Suit and Machine Gun), Sonny Chiba (The Street Fighter) and Noriko Watanabe (His Motorbike, Her Island), and Norifumi Suzuki's 1981 film Roaring Fire (吼えろ鉄拳) also starring Hiroyuki Sanda and Sonny Chiba as well as Etsuko Shihomi (The Bullet Train), Mikio Narita (Graveyard of Honor), and Toshiaki Minami (Delinquent Girl Boss film series).
 
IMG_20260930_172821__01.jpg

Despite watching 99% of anime in Japanese, I've only ever enjoyed Lupin in English. I also had a specific preference for the 90s Manga Video dub cast for a long time, which made things awkward since they only did two movies. I tried out the dubs for some of the Lupin TV shows on Hidive recently though, thought they were great, and I'm now hoovering up a chunk of the franchise before it goes OOP.

I thought this would be a good chance to finally get some value out of my Anime Unlimited membership before it expires in a few weeks... But these items turned out to be cheaper on MVM's Amazon store, so I bought them there instead.

I've also got some of the Discotek releases incoming too. Unfortunately I missed out on Gold of Babylon, which is OOP. I'm not paying the £90+ that eBay scalpers want for that one, so I'll stick with my ancient VHS tape.
 
Wow, I didn't realize Gold of Babylon is OOP. I know DIscotek has let the individual TV specials go OOP because they're doing them in sets now...which is annoying since they didn't finish them that way so people like me who bought the individual releases can't complete the set without rebuying things--great way to treat customers who supported you. :confused:

I didn't know other things were going OOP though.
 
Back
Top