What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

I was early for The Beekeeper starring Britain's greatest high diver Jason Statham and unfortunately there is an HMV next door.
Was thinking about Trapped in a Dating Sim but it is £44 so when I saw Spy X Family part 1 was reduced, I thought I'd give it a shot. I went for the Blu-ray this time as the DVD has no extras.
I missed Equalizer 3 at the cinema.

Attachments

• 17050785286805450145776524806394.jpg
    17050785286805450145776524806394.jpg
    525.8 KB · Views: 1
  • 17050785122748451609111198315424.jpg
    17050785122748451609111198315424.jpg
    696.7 KB · Views: 1
2024 HAUL - JANUARY CHAPTER: BATCH #2

This week we have some more packages, half of which are two Anime Limited pre-orders from their Christmas sale while the rest are things that I ordered this month (bar one that was from last year).

GooglePixel8Pro1.jpg
FlowersofEvil-08.jpg
FoodWarsSeason1-08.jpg
KaijiUltimateSurvivor-08.jpg
Parasyte-08.jpg
Shirobako-08.jpg

Anime Limited's 12 Days of Christmas 2023 line-up consisted of seven releases with the goal to release them before the holiday season. This actually backfired because four of them arrived for those who bought them on their own after the holiday season (but before the new year) and the rest didn't appear until this past week.

I ordered six of seven releases as I didn't yet own them on Blu-ray (the only one that I didn't order was Kids on the Slope because I just ordered the Sentai Filmworks release a few months prior, but I probably dodged a bullet anyway since that's missing subtitles on one of the episodes).

The titles that I received are Akame ga Kill!, Flowers of Evil, Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma Season 1, Kaiji: Ultimate Survivor, Parasyte -the maxim- and SHIROBAKO. All of the titles use the Sentai authors with the Anime Limited logo added to the intro portion of the discs.

The good news is that Anime Limited have used the most recent authored versions for the titles that did receive re-releases by Sentai Filmworks. For instance Akame ga Kill! is based on the 2020 Steelbook discs and Flowers of Evil is based on the 2021 re-release.

You can view all of the photos and specs on my blog, but my Region A player is not functioning properly so I won't be able to test Region A compatibility for the next while.

Switch Haul 1.jpg

A few days ago I was made aware of a bunch of Nintendo first-party games going out of print over in North America which is sparking conversation about the prospect of a re-release and also panic buying. Since there's been no word about the same event happening over in Europe I decided to act as a lot of games on the list I had yet to own. I decided to focus on four Nintendo Switch games for the time being which were on the top priority list.

I ordered through The Game Collection because I also needed to spend some points as they will start to expire in the coming months. Those games are Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Fire Emblem: Engage, The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening and Super Mario Odyssey. Yeah it's a surprise that I didn't yet own the big Mario game for the Switch platform. My copy of Fire Emblem: Engage is unfortunately the European version so while it does have English text it's clearly designed for the Nordic region or so.

Fantavision 202X 1.jpg

Next we have a video game pre-order from back in July if I remember right. Red Art Games revealed back then they had acquired the physical media rights to bring FANTAVISION 202X to the disc-based format for PlayStation 5, which also includes PlayStation VR2 support.

For those who are out of the know for what this is, this is a remake of the classic PlayStation 2 game Fantavision that was developed by Japan Studios. Cosmo Machia, the folks behind the re-releases for the Castle of Shikigami 1 & 2 games as well as Triggerheart Exelica, were behind the remake for this game. Because of its retro status and the fact that it has VR, I figured it would be a great addition to my collection.

I will admit the radio silence on the physical release status didn't help, but at least they revealed during the new year that it was ready for dispatch. The deluxe edition comes with a slipcase, reversible cover that mimics the PlayStation 2 cover and a double-sided poster. Red Art Games are located in France but there's no customs to worry about.

TheHorribleDrHichcock-06.jpg
TheEndofCivilization-08.jpg

Next we have another round of Radiance Films catch-up and pretty much the last ones I had left before our upcoming 2024 titles. This is part of the World Cinema collection that I have been building from the distributor, with this lot containing an Italian film and three Polish films.

First up we have Riccardo Freda's 1962 film The Horrible Dr Hichcock (L'orribile segreto del Dr. Hichcock) in its limited edition 5000 print two-disc Blu-ray release. The first disc consists of the original Italian version with an English dub under the name Raptus: The Secret of Dr. Hichcock, while the second disc (exclusive to this edition) is the North American version of The Horrible Dr. Hichcock with the English audio for that. This is an awkward release as well because Vingear Syndrome have released a 4K restoration of all the versions for the film (Radiance's restoration is 2K). Either way, a brand new UK distributor with a solid reception is better supporting than a commonly known big US distributor.

Next we have The End of Civilization: Three Films by Piotr Szulkin limited edition Blu-ray box set. This consists of three Polish dystopian sci-fi films released during the 1980s, each receiving 2K restorations. The films included are War of the Worlds: Next Century (Wojna światów - następne stulecie) from 1981, O-Bi, O-Ba: The End of Civilization (O-Bi, O-Ba. Koniec cywilizacji) from 1984 and Ga-Ga: Glory to the Heroes (Ga, Ga. Chwała bohaterom) from 1985. Also included are a few short films with Jan Lenica's Labyrinth, Miroslaw Kijowicz's Cages and Zofia Oraczewska's Banquet released in 1963, 1967 & 1977 respectively.

My first (and probably not last) order using Stackry. I ordered from the crunchyroll store. Pretty simple, just make sure everything is correct with the address before submitting the order. I got worried when USPS tried delivering to Stackry but was unable to (I'm guessing xmas/new year was at fault). They delivered the next working day. Cleared customs, hooray. Delivered by Evri. I'm pretty happy with the whole process. Now I can participate in Sentai's Sales. I've included an extra photo of the parcel itself.

1000005240.jpg

1000005239.jpg

My first (and probably not last) order using Stackry. I ordered from the crunchyroll store. Pretty simple, just make sure everything is correct with the address before submitting the order. I got worried when USPS tried delivering to Stackry but was unable to (I'm guessing xmas/new year was at fault). They delivered the next working day. Cleared customs, hooray. Delivered by Evri. I'm pretty happy with the whole process. Now I can participate in Sentai's Sales. I've included an extra photo of the parcel itself.

View attachment 32389

View attachment 32390
Stackry aren't open on the weekends (or at least not able to take parcels then and maybe the same for bank holidays), so yeah they just redeliver the next working day. so maybe that was the casue of the slight delay from UPS too stackry delivery.
But glad your first experince went well.

View attachment 32389

View attachment 32390
received my first Stackry order today as well, no photos sorry, no camera.
I will definitely do more, quick and efficient, not one issue (touches wood)

Received today, from HMV:

20240115_154310-jpg.32391

Attachments

• 20240115_154310.jpg
    20240115_154310.jpg
    453.3 KB · Views: 19
Received my second to last January order today, kyoani’s first title Munto on dvd and the creator steelbook which I’d forgotten to cancel as I don’t really want it anymore.

My final order for January is a sentai order via stackry which has been stuck at Evri for a week now. They’re claiming to have made an attempted delivery on Wednesday but my doorbell didn’t ring and no missed delivery cards were left but a photo of my door is uploaded onto my tracking info. At first it said “we’ve been instructed to return to sender” but now it’s just sat at the local depot, customer service said to wait 48 hours for a re delivery but that was Friday and no movement. It’s no reflection on stackry but I’m regretting not just using wowhd now.

IMG_1646.jpeg

Back