What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

They're a company that puts out boutique releases in Korea. There are quite a few of these companies, putting out steelbooks, "fullslips", "plain editions", etc, Nova are one of the bigger ones.

Shipping costs depends on what you're buying. For this order, it was $35.85 for k-packet shipping (IIRC, EMS and maybe Fedex were also (more expensive) options). I limited my order to these three (even though there are plenty more I would've liked to grab) because adding anything more shot the shipping cost up by a lot.

Packing is extremely good, as anyone who's ordered stuff like this from Korea will likely be familiar with. Thick cardboard shipping box with an ungodly amount of bubble wrap. I'm talking each set wrapped individually, then stacked together and wrapped together in more bubble wrap, and then wrapped again in even more bubble wrap. The end result is often the thing shipped in a box that's twice as big as needed, and all the empty space is bubble wrap.

Order was placed on the 14th, shipped on the 20th. This is an outlier, likely because of a busy sale period. Previous orders I've done with them (granted, quite a few years ago) shipped out within a day.

Both the boxsets state all region on them, though Nova's site says A for the A Better Tomorrow set. Region codes aren't a concern for me, but I'd double check stuff to be sure before ordering anything. In my limited experience though, similar to Japanese BDs, Korean stuff is often region-free.

They're a company that puts out boutique releases in Korea. There are quite a few of these companies, putting out steelbooks, "fullslips", "plain editions", etc, Nova are one of the bigger ones.

Shipping costs depends on what you're buying. For this order, it was $35.85 for k-packet shipping (IIRC, EMS and maybe Fedex were also (more expensive) options). I limited my order to these three (even though there are plenty more I would've liked to grab) because adding anything more shot the shipping cost up by a lot.

Packing is extremely good, as anyone who's ordered stuff like this from Korea will likely be familiar with. Thick cardboard shipping box with an ungodly amount of bubble wrap. I'm talking each set wrapped individually, then stacked together and wrapped together in more bubble wrap, and then wrapped again in even more bubble wrap. The end result is often the thing shipped in a box that's twice as big as needed, and all the empty space is bubble wrap.

Order was placed on the 14th, shipped on the 20th. This is an outlier, likely because of a busy sale period. Previous orders I've done with them (granted, quite a few years ago) shipped out within a day.

Both the boxsets state all region on them, though Nova's site says A for the A Better Tomorrow set. Region codes aren't a concern for me, but I'd double check stuff to be sure before ordering anything. In my limited experience though, similar to Japanese BDs, Korean stuff is often region-free.
Thanks for the information.
At half price it could be worth a gamble for the Better Tomorrow set.
If they turn out to be A then it would be another nudge towards buying a multi region Blu-ray player.
Particularly as I've only got the DVD of 1 and the VHS 🤫 of 2.
I've got 24 hours to decide!

Thanks, yeah they’re going for as little as 5000 yen (mine cost 7200). SBY is a blind buy for me except for some vague memories of star blazers from the eighties. I’m still not sure whether to get the rest on blu ray or dvd cos s3 doesn’t look like it has a blu ray release anyway and neither format has subs after s1. The dvd boxes look really nice though.

Have you ever seen the Amazon JP exclusive 10-disk digipak they made for the 2199 series and a few of the follow-up movies? It was exclusive to the Space Battleship Yamato: 2199: Odyssey of the Celestial Ark Movie released in 2015. The digipak has that quality, velvety feeling matte finish I love so much on some Japanese sets, and it also came with a very thick book. The art on the panels of the digipak is very impressive. I believe those movies did also include English subtitles.

2199digipak10.jpg

sbydigi1.jpg

sbydigi2.jpg

sbydigi3.jpg

sbydigi4.jpg

sbydigi5.jpg

sbydigi6.jpg

Is the A Better Tomorrow set English friendly.

First of three Entertainment Store orders as well as a sweet ebay order arrived today, finishing off 2023 for me.

Been looking for a decently priced copy of SSSS.Gridman LE for a while now and found a new and sealed copy on ebay for around only £26.00. The extras box got a bit crushed when it arrived but the contents inside were fine as well as the actual box itself being fine as well.

Dragon Ball Z (Season 8 + 9) (BD), Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood (BD) and SSSS.Gridman (Limited Edition) (BD / DVD)

20231230_111438.jpg

@Girls with Guns thanks for the photos, Ithat set looks amazing. Ihad a look on Amazon Jp and there’s only one left and it’s not shipping to the uk, just the odyssey film by itself. There’s new sets of the original series coming out in the new year- 4k editions of the s1 recap and farewell Yamato, as well as a box set in march but I can’t make out from the description if it’s s2 or not. I might hold out until then before buying the s2 singles.

Back