What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

MVM Blu-ray Mystery bundle, and blu-ray potluck, happy to do various disc exchanges if anyone want to make some sets, ill revive the swap/exchange disc thread later

20231206_111702.jpg

Sasami-san
Grimore of zero
Love and Lies
Accel world
Photo kana
Starmyu
Vatican miracle examiner
Touken ranbu
Bakuon
Sagarada reset

I decided to purchase this anime-related Blu-ray title - a copy of the Spirited Away: Live on Stage release from GKids. I did an In-Store Pickup at my local Barnes and Noble bookstore, and got it on sale for just $20.99. I figured my two daughters would be really interested in watching these live performances, since they were the ones who first introduced me to anime by showing me this Studio Ghibli movie and The Girl Who Leapt Through Time way back in 2010, which originally started me off on my ongoing obsession with anime!

spiritedlive1.jpg

spiritedlive2.jpg
I’m putting off importing this until after the UK run next year. Booked tickets to see it twice.

Wait u went outside? That's crazy talk! :p

Lol, yes, as of about three weeks ago I can get outside with the use of a walker or now a cane, and get in my car with a bit of a struggle, and drive. I do have to drive to my physical therapy sessions and doctor appointments, and some other short errands. I don't have the stamina yet to do grocery shopping, as that is too much walking to go up and down all those aisles!

2023 HAUL VER 12.2
(note: images are hosted via AUKN for the meantime)

We have a bunch of packages incoming and since today was my day off work I looked into two of them.

IMG_20231202_100518.jpg

The first anime arrival that appeared last Monday was Gundam Build Fighters Part 1 from Anime Limited. I consider this to be a bit of a controversial release because they decided to split the series up which goes against their usual 2-cour per set approach throughout the years, on top of the Nozomi release having a complete series Blu-ray set back in August 2016.

The good news is that we have avoided the worst case scenario and despite being released across two parts and on 4 discs, VDMS are the ones authoring it so we have dodged Com 'on Screen and the extras from Nozomi's set as well as the Animax Asia English dub are all here. Nothing is missing, just that we have to pay twice as much now, but it could have been a lot worse.

My unboxing on this set has been postponed in favour of waiting for Part 2 which is expected to be released before Christmas, same goes for Mobile Fighter G Gundam.

IMG_20231206_145317.jpg

Speaking of controversial choices here we have Blood-C Ultimate Edition Blu-ray which also includes the film Blood-C: The Last Dark. This arrived today via FedEx and was part of their Lightning Deal offer during their 12 Days of Christmas sale. I already own the series but it's via Funimation's limited edition which is Region A only and I don't mind double-dipping for a Region B disc, like I have done with Black Lagoon, Code Geass and Lupin the Third: The Woman Called Fujiko Mine.

The point of this edition is because of the artbook and to be honest it's a solid one with tons of artwork and essays, including a segment covering the Blood franchise. The only criticism I have is not only the asking price but they didn't bother to provide a rigid chipboard box, instead opting for a cardboard slipcase which misses the mark when it comes to the ultimate edition idea. Considering the lightning deal was £36, basically the price of paying early bird for a collector's set I decided to pick it up. I would have preferred to have paid £9 less but I don't regret owning the release.

You can view more photos & specs on my blog.

Wait u went outside? That's crazy talk! :p

Seriously though that's awesome it's so nice that you watch anime with your family, friends and neighbours 🥰 My mum isn't super into every anime I show her but she's happy to watch along with me and my dad used to watch anime with me too when I lived with him years and years ago :)
I decided to purchase this anime-related Blu-ray title - a copy of the Spirited Away: Live on Stage release from GKids. I did an In-Store Pickup at my local Barnes and Noble bookstore, and got it on sale for just $20.99. I figured my two daughters would be really interested in watching these live performances, since they were the ones who first introduced me to anime by showing me this Studio Ghibli movie and The Girl Who Leapt Through Time way back in 2010, which originally started me off on my ongoing obsession with anime!

spiritedlive1.jpg

spiritedlive2.jpg
It's nice to have people to share your anime passion with. Nobody in my household or friendship group appreciates anime 😪 (he says whilst Akon sings Lonely in the background). But I embellish as I have just about managed to get my daughter to watch and enjoy all of Cardcaptor Sakura so there's hope yet!

wait, so Blood’s UE has like one of those outer slipcases (like the one around Patema Inverted’s UE) and not an actual slipcase like the one B UE has? Ew

Yep that is correct - they changed the specs from a rigid case after we all pre-ordered it. I own the UE, but I just purchased the CE during the sale, since I believe that one does have a rigid box - and it will also fit on my media shelf with the rest of my UK collection... 👍

Back