What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

I received one more Anime Limited Holiday pre-order today, to upgrade from the previous lower-quality video CE release I already have from them:

Cyber City Oedo 808 Collector's Edition (ver. 2)

oedonewukce.jpg

Ordered a figure form Ecstatic Anime for the first time. For whatever reason instead of padding the box out with bubble wrap they used Japanese candy. So I’m chewing on Hi-Chew Premiums.
that's awesome! I love the Japanese style tradition of sending extra "omake" things when you buy something, I've got all sorts of stuff through the years and it always brings a smile to my face.

2023 HAUL VER 3.2

We have a number of items throughout the week. Some were picked up in town on Tuesday, while others came later in the week.

YHkdVHQh.jpg

osgeAlUh.jpg

ZxAeGqMh.jpg

Mt7Wfxyh.jpg

jaX8KYNh.jpg

A trip to HMV for two reasons. But the first one is that I had finally picked up a Criterion release since 2018, so it's been a while. Criterion's prices are hit or miss but I went for these two films from the late Taiwanese director Edward Yang - A Brighter Summer Day (牯嶺街少年殺人事件) and Yi Yi (一一). These were also one of Criterion UK's earliest releases, but they were recommended to me once again.

ztr5w3Bh.jpg

Next we have some live-action non-Asian films for the 4K Ultra HD collection, both of which were part of the 2 for £30 deal in HMV. One of them is Baz Luhrmann's 2022 film Elvis which is sealed because it's for Mother's Day on 19th March, while the other is Luc Besson's 1994 film Léon: The Professional that I had wanted to pick up for a while.

IavpluCh.jpg

MHLOOYPh.jpg

eCwCPZvh.jpg

VGqiwRvh.jpg

ojR07xXh.jpg

Also in town is another Travelling Man book haul. This time I kept it smaller because the HMV haul wasn't cheap, but the big focus was getting some manga titles closer to completion. Here I went for Hell's Paradise: Jigokuraku volumes 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 & 13, which almost completes the collection as they did not have volume 7 so I've ordered that online. To recap, this series' anime adaptation airs in April so from there I'm expecting stock issues to be more apparent which is why I'm sorting this out sooner.

dQQj1WYh.jpg

jn1LqFnh.jpg

PP5EEl1h.jpg

6pfDAV7h.jpg

On Wednesday, got an early arrival with The Legend of Heroes: Trails to Azure for the Nintendo Switch. This is the second instalment in the Crossbell duology (taking place after Trails in the Sky trilogy and before Trails of Cold Steel), and as I've mentioned before with the previous game - this is available on PlayStation 4 but the version you want is the Nintendo Switch release because it's got more quality of life improvements. The deluxe edition i.e. first print edition, comes with a digital OST copy and mini artbook.

wMBTkdOh.jpg

GWvlMgvh.jpg

1GSVkWch.jpg

cMZ9Po9h.jpg

Sh90EYxh.jpg

BkYxTv9h.jpg

ICVLzJ0h.jpg

4eZrp8Uh.jpg

Zvk4HVqh.jpg

h5BkktAh.jpg

On Thursday, we have more Third Window Films releases from Terracotta store. From Gakuryū Ishii (Sogo Ishii) we have Electric Dragon 80.000 V (エレクトリック·ドラゴン 80000V) and Punk Samurai (パンク侍、斬られて候) on Blu-ray with their first print edition slipcases. The reversible artwork is really cool so I would like to see more of the Japanese poster artwork on their future releases if possible.

y1TYsNCh.jpg

DdOxceSh.jpg

9CthvAth.jpg

te3Rnsgh.jpg

30mAvVwh.jpg

7hOLTTMh.jpg

Z99dYZJh.jpg

LdNu9iWh.jpg

On Friday, we have two major anime hauls. Starting with the surprise decision to go ahead and start going for the Discotek Media releases for the Lupin the Third franchise (at least the TV Specials and films for the time being). I waited on Anime Limited to get these for years and it's gotten to a point where it's probably not going to happen, and considering how cheap Discotek's releases are for their Lupin sets, that I may as well go for them bit by bit. Here we have Lupin the Third: Voyage to Danger [SPECIAL #5] and Lupin the Third: Island of Assassins [SPECIAL #9], which were among the first to be released on Blu-ray by Discotek.

0Yf11r7.gif

Also arrived on Friday, is the Crunchyroll Rightstuf sale haul which is part of my goal to catch up on getting those US only titles that I wanted before the merger ends up creeping into the newer titles. Because of high shipping costs I focused only on six releases, but the overall price is still £70-75 cheaper than going for United Publications.

yIzfki5h.jpg

3H7Z70ih.jpg

ajtLX4fh.jpg

KiLV15Bh.jpg

BP9OuNWh.jpg

0sIDnnQh.jpg

0CN5cVRh.jpg

RwQet0nh.jpg

fJmglQyh.jpg

AY84nFMh.jpg

G3O4Fp8h.jpg

ZvTAUA5h.jpg
r7U7xh8h.jpg

VX7sptih.jpg

ZU1PkD3h.jpg

RjMLT7Lh.jpg

mv0CyfSh.jpg

LSf6GoVh.jpg

yZhkJ5hh.jpg

KV3hET1h.jpg

gGaXMXRh.jpg

The picks were; If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die, both seasons of Kono Oto Tomare! Sounds of Life, Miss Caretaker of Sunohara-sou, Smile Down the Runway, and SSSS.DYNAZENON. All came with slipcases which is a relief as I figured at least one of them wouldn't by now given how long they've been out for.

I've watched Budokan, Kono Oto Tomare and Smile Down the Runway during simulcast, and I consider each of them to be vastly overlooked shows. Budokan is a fun series about an fan liking and supporting her favourite idol, Kono Oto Tomare has a great premise with wonderful music pieces throughout, and Smile Down the Runway is like watching hell's kitchen go into the fashion design industry and it's honestly brutal in the challenges they face but rewarding to see the main leads overcome these issues even if its not perfect. Check each of them out if you haven't already.

@bigzgod it's released on the 17th here in the UK. The NISA UK store don't ship until the day before release for next day delivery. I know some Europe CEs have been delayed due to supply chain issues for the extras in the box. I'm hoping that as there's been no word on a delay, that it'll be released on time.

@bigzgod it's released on the 17th here in the UK. The NISA UK store don't ship until the day before release for next day delivery. I know some Europe CEs have been delayed due to supply chain issues for the extras in the box. I'm hoping that as there's been no word on a delay, that it'll be released on time.
Oh that's weird. I assumed the CE worldwide was releasing on the same day the game releases on the digital storefronts (the 14th). Staggered release dates are dumb, especially when people just do VPN unlocks for digital games. Only the physical collectors get screwed. I hope you guys get it then on the 17th.

Back