What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

Double-post for today, got some things I wasn't expecting to arrive / buy.

First off my 10th Discotek BD being Cat's Eye arrived early while I was out today and I'm glad I did get this as I'd always been interested in the series, more so when the Lupin crossover was announced and after watching the movie, I really enjoyed the Cat's Eye cast so looking forward to this even more now.

While I was out with my Dad I found some anime tops in Primark and my Dad offered to buy them for me so I thought why not, the Eva one was reduced to £3.00, no one is probably buying it because it's Shinji... or more likely despite being well known it isn't mainstream Shounen.

Cat's Eye (BD)

20230204_165653.jpg

20230204_170439.jpg

New stuff this week!

1f6LUFkh.jpg

pS0YcQIh.jpg

YtPNdP7h.jpg

6dhhC4Rh.jpg

osstFjbh.jpg

I received my copy of Horimiya from Rightstuf yesterday, but I'm somewhat disappointed that it has an external box for the art cards and pin - I'm hoping the cards will fit inside the chipboard box, but it probably will be too snug. They could've stuck that pin where the sun don't shine to avoid having the external box, and made the chipboard box 2-3mm wider to accomodate the cards properly, as I'll most likely just toss that pin.

Horimiya Limited Edition (chipboard box with o-card slipcover, external box for 7 art cards and enamel cake pin)

horimiyale.jpg

Last edited:
Lol that makes sense

Just as a note for those of you in the UK who have preordered the yu yu hakusho box set, a lot of us have been getting multiple loose discs in the cases, causing scratched discs. My best guess is that they aren't putting the discs fully in and secure on the holders, causing them to come loose and get scratched during transit.

This is a huge pain in the ass considering that the box set is practically OOP everywhere and Crunchyroll themselves won't provide disc replacements.

Just as a note for those of you in the UK who have preordered the yu yu hakusho box set, a lot of us have been getting multiple loose discs in the cases, causing scratched discs. My best guess is that they aren't putting the discs fully in and secure on the holders, causing them to come loose and get scratched during transit.

This is a huge pain in the ass considering that the box set is practically OOP everywhere and Crunchyroll themselves won't provide disc replacements.

That sucks big time, fingers crossed my set will be okay.

Thanks for letting me know about this, just contacted UP1 to cancel my order. Not paying £70 for discs that may come scratched & not play.

It's also pretty disgraceful if they won't offer replacement discs either.

Wow, those are some nice-looking manga editions. I presume those are art cards and bookmarks with them? What language are they in?
Yeah, great looking, nice looking. PL language, because I'm from Poland ;)
In my country, the hardcover pre-order price is the same as the regular edition, so it pays to use. In addition, there are these cards, bookmarks, etc.

Thanks for letting me know about this, just contacted UP1 to cancel my order. Not paying £70 for discs that may come scratched & not play.

It's also pretty disgraceful if they won't offer replacement discs either.
Yeah. Personally, I had 7 total scratched discs, with season 2 being the worst at 3/4 discs having scratches.

Crunchyroll's response was that they won't cover anything that wasn't purchased directly from their store and to contact the store I purchased from.

While I certainly can get a refund for defective discs if I complain to the store, how exactly does that help me if the box set is oop? It also assumes I won't get scratched discs in my replacement either.

The easiest solution would just be for Crunchyroll to provide specific disc replacements, which is typically industry standard for other companies like Lionsgate, WB, etc but I guess since Crunchyroll has no competition, they know they can get away with it.

Back